Wrote a Buffalo News column today.

Roundybout

I have written as a neXt correspondent for the Buffalo news for 4 years now. This might be my best work!

Background- about two months ago I went for a photography trip by myself down Broadway to the former St. Anne's church. It inspired me to write this little piece. All pictures are by me (the actual paper had eight pictures, the website only has three).

Featured on the next section cover today, maybe some of you saw it.

Hope you guys enjoy.

http://buffalonews.com/2017/03/23/east-side-story-walk-around-buffalos-old-polonia-neighborhood/

I have written as a neXt correspondent for the Buffalo news for 4 years now. This might be my best work!

Background- about two months ago I went for a photography trip by myself down Broadway to the former St. Anne's church. It inspired me to write this little piece. All pictures are by me (the actual paper had eight pictures, the website only has three).

Featured on the next section cover today, maybe some of you saw it.

Hope you guys enjoy.

http://buffalonews.com/2017/03/23/east-side-story-walk-around-buffalos-old-polonia-neighborhood/

Nice job!

I grew up at the steps of St. Stanislaus, the mother parish of Polonia. Half the houses in my old neighborhood are empty lots now.

Oddly enough, St. Stans is buying up these lots in the hope that new Polish immigrants will homestead the neighborhood.

Awesome! Thanx for sharing... Bookmarked and passing it around!

It is St Ann's Church as written in article not St Anne's as in post.

I have relatives who used to go there and live in area.

One of my aunts was named for patron of the church.

I was in the church pre-decline.

The whole Queen Anne/St. Anne thing makes it an understandable mistake, especially when made possessive.

Great work! I used to love going into downtown Buffalo every Saturday morning as a young kid. My father would wake me and my brother up and we'd drive to the old german bakery (Greschmans I believe) and to the Broadway Market and Clinton Farmers Market. This article brings back memories.

Great article, (naturally it is written by a St Joes educated student) I probably went there in the late 60s and early 70s when my Grandmother used to be in that area. Saw how it slowly (in my mind) got worse as the years past from late 60's to mid 70's. I haven't been in that part of Buffalo in at least 30 years, maybe next trip up I will try a drive through just to reminisce.

I grew up at the steps of St. Stanislaus, the mother parish of Polonia. Half the houses in my old neighborhood are empty lots now.

Oddly enough, St. Stans is buying up these lots in the hope that new Polish immigrants will homestead the neighborhood.

St Stanislaus in Rochester? Across from Franklin HS

My in laws were from that neighborhood and my brother got married in that church 40 something years ago

Never mind. I see there's one in Buffalo

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

St Stanislaus in Rochester? Across from Franklin HS

My in laws were from that neighborhood and my brother got married in that church 40 something years ago

Never mind. I see there's one in Buffalo

Yup, part of Buffalo's "second downtown" Broadway-Fillmore.