NFL to eliminate some commercials

Any word on eliminating the ESPN and Fox Sunday shows?

How about all the announcers? :D

How am I supposed to make truck buying decisions without Denis Leary and generic, non threatening bearded Chevy guy advising me 30 times per hour?

On a semi-related note - watching the NCAA tournament last week I feel like I watched the same commercials 100 times each. It got to the point I literally sometimes changed the channel just to watch anything else (even another commercial) until a game was back on

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On a semi-related note - watching the NCAA tournament last week I feel like I watched the same commercials 100 times each. It got to the point I literally sometimes changed the channel just to watch anything else (even another commercial) until a game was back on

Did you buy any Reese's though?

Did you buy any Reese's though?

I do know exactly how Sir Charles reacts in any number of wacky scenarios involving his pals

If the NFL wants to catch up with modern times, they need a subscription service run entirely online. I don't even have cable anymore, neither do a lot of people in their 20s like me. I would pay $100 a year for a service like NFL Gamepass that also gave you access to live streams of every game, and I'm sure many fans would agree.

I still don't understand how the richest sports league in the world can figure out how to play 45 mins straight without a commercial, but sports in America (besides soccer) are constantly interrupted by dumb ads.

I would rather see an ad on a jersey or next to the scoreboard, than have to stop the game for 2 and half mins. I barely watch commercials, end up changing channel or scrolling through phone.

I forget exactly what Goddell said but if you can find the presser from super bowl week or any follow up that might help. Some radio guys suggested different things they would do to reduce the amount of actual commercials. Some of it had to do with half screen ads after touchdowns and extra points and never actually cutting away for a commercial break.

This Touchdown brought to you by.

That touchdown celebration brought to you by

That power spike of the football brought to you by

That sound tackle brought to you by

That kickoff brought to you by

That Incomplete pass brought to you by

That interception brought to you by

That fist down brought to you by

That ad I just read brought to you by

Edited by CountDorkula

wow goodell is actually starting to worry about the quality of the product instead of revenue for a change.

Hard to believe he's doing something smart for once.

Next thing I want done is for there to be an option to mute the color commentator and analyst.

I just want to hear the sounds of the game.

wow goodell is actually starting to worry about the quality of the product instead of revenue for a change.

Hard to believe he's doing something smart for once.

Next thing I want done is for there to be an option to mute the color commentator and analyst.

I just want to hear the sounds of the game.

Dont worry they will find ways to recoup that money

Ad's on jerseys. Everything will have an ad.

What is the Mike and Mike show? Right Alex?

I would find that infinitely more annoying. It really bothers me now in the tournament games sometimes between foul shots now they throw up ads at the bottom of the screen. Is nothing sacred?

Any word on eliminating the ESPN and Fox Sunday shows?

How about all the announcers? :D

How am I supposed to make truck buying decisions without Denis Leary and generic, non threatening bearded Chevy guy advising me 30 times per hour?

[Mike Rowe voiceover] This is the all new Ford super duty charged. FX50. it's got this. and that. and this. and it comes fully loaded with this and that, so that you can do this and that, without having to ever deal with this. because when you do this for a living, you have to have a truck that's just as that.

Edited by quinnearlysghost88

What is the Mike and Mike show? Right Alex?

They torture al Qaeda prisoners in some black site prison with an endless loop of Mike and Mike saying "Subway Fresh Take Hotline".

Then they move onto Dixie and the Midnight Runners.

Such weird 'thinking' taking place. From the league's financial perspective, I've gotta think the extra point move was to make the XP more dramatic... which it now is, cough Mr. Carpenter, forcing us football nuts to stay tuned through the commercials to see the 'meat'. But now they want to eliminate the commercial breaks surrounding the XP? Not a rocket surgeon to be found anywhere near this league.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not gonna complain if they eliminate every break which does not concur with the natural flow of the game.

Edited by BringMetheHeadofLeonLett

If the NFL wants to catch up with modern times, they need a subscription service run entirely online. I don't even have cable anymore, neither do a lot of people in their 20s like me. I would pay $100 a year for a service like NFL Gamepass that also gave you access to live streams of every game, and I'm sure many fans would agree.

You'll pay WAY more than that. Figure $250 at least.