Zach Brown visiting Bills

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It seems that the only way that you keep Zach Brown playing strong is if you design a contract structured like a "carrot on a stick".

Structure a contract with lots of "outs" and "insentive based".

This way, if he decides to phone it in, the Bills have the option to part ways and not be out any $$$.

It's what happens when you don't love the game and it's a job... I agree 100% with giving him a "Carrot Stick" contract his performance towards the end of the season was very telling imo.

I agree that there's been so much back and forth that it's gotten frustrating for us fans who follow the Bills so closely. He did fired his agent, hence the 2nd meeting with us. His buddy is doing him no favors live tweeting every fart the dude squeaks out. I don't know that I'd pull the offer but I understand where you are coming from. As devils advocate, I can see where he is coming from too. Best year he had was last year and a football players career could end in 1 play, so I'd want to bank on a big contract too. He's just not going about it as professional as I'd like to see.

Still interested in seeing how this shakes out.

It's definitely a business and I get that as well. Everyone wants security. The word is that our offer was the most lucrative. He is still pining to go somewhere else though. From my view, if he did sign here, it would only be for the money. If he wanted to be here the deal would have been signed already. That's why I would pull the offer. :thumbsup: Edited by H2o

Yikes!

Are the Dolphins going to want to invest so much money in their LB corps?

I just wonder if this has been his asking price all along or has he brought it down?

Good luck to you, Zach. I hope you get what you are asking for. Because that won't be from us.

No way do I give him 6 million a year after one year where he actually gave a **** 3/4 of the season and then played like a little B word down the stretch. His performance against Pittsburgh and Miami were horrendous. Jay Ajayi should personally send him a thank you card for his pro bowl invite.

Ragland had a pretty solid 40 time, I think he was around 4.63. He is easily fast enough to cover. Foster ran a 4.7 at his pro day for comparison.

Even fluff master Chris Brown said Zach was the only sideline to sideline lb we had on the team. I don't think Ragland is a cover guy at all

He's definitely capable of being a Mlb in this D. Fast enough to chase,and deliver big hits in the run game. But can also play Slb. If we draft a starter at Wlb,this Corp can be good. I'm not sure where everyone lines up,but I'd say Wlb Rookie, P Brown Mlb,And Reggie Slb.That would be solid imo. Reggie has enough speed/instincts to stay on the field all three downs,but we need a true coverage Will. Reddick or Cunningham later in the first would be the best fit,while adding a second to pick up Godwin and a starting CB. Leaving Bpa the rest of the way....

I'll be doing back flips if this happens

Miami is rumored to be offering 3-4 mill, don't know term or gtd amount.

.....confirming posted amount of $6 mil.....Fins weren't close so he took his ball and went home...............

RAIDERS WIRE-By: Austin Gayle | 20 hours ago

The plot thickens in the quest for free agent linebacker Zach Brown.

After visiting both the Oakland Raiders and Miami Dolphins, Brown is mulling over signing with one of the two teams, per Armando Salguero of the Miami Herald.

Additionally, Brown has seemingly put his ideal contract out on the table, for Vic Tafur of the San Francisco Chronicle tweeted out that Brown is eyeing $6 million annually on Saturday.

I don't know what Bills offered, but he's looking for 6 mill and Chenelly said about Buffalo "money was OK" but he was unhappy about his role. So they may have offered that or close to it. The reports on the money from Miami and Oakland was that it was not close.

all i know is if we play some version of nickel between 40-50% of the time, we are in for a rough season if Preston and Reggie are the two LBs covering

there is more than one way to skin "11" ofensive personnel packages my friend

ok Bye Bye Zach

agreed. time to wave to the Peoples ZB.

if only he had been humble enough.