Zach Brown visiting Bills

there is more than one way to skin "11" ofensive personnel packages my friend

agreed. time to wave to the Peoples ZB.

if only he had been humble enough.

What?

Why dont we wait for the HC or someone in the FO to determine if beingle humble is a prerequisite for a lb on the Bills team.

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What?

Why dont we wait for the HC or someone in the FO to determine if beingle humble is a prerequisite for a lb on the Bills team.

I meant about his contract dollars. He is obviously about the money. Who gave him a chance to shine ?

The Bills did.

ok Bye Bye Zach

If Ragland hadn't torn his ACL in camp, Zach would have never started. I certainly give him credit for seizing the opportunity and I'd like him back for his skill set but his role won't be what it was last year here unless there is another injury.

I don't know what Bills offered, but he's looking for 6 mill and Chenelly said about Buffalo "money was OK" but he was unhappy about his role. So they may have offered that or close to it. The reports on the money from Miami and Oakland was that it was not close.

SERIOUS QUESTION:

If that statement in BOLD above is correct, how could the Bills now justify signing Zach Brown?

Scenario - Bills make offer, Zach decides to test the field. Zach hires "new" agent and re-visits Bills. It is reported that the money was there BUT he did not like how Coach McD ws going to use him.

Does Coach McD lose authority/power over Zach (and possibly other players) because of having to "bargin" with player?

It is one thing to bargin for money BUT a whole nother thing telling a coach where and when you will play.

I think that that alone makes Zachs asking price way over the top.

Edited by cd1

SERIOUS QUESTION:

If that statement in BOLD above is correct, how could the Bills now justify signing Zach Brown?

Scenario - Bills make offer, Zach decides to test the field. Zach hires "new" agent and re-visits Bills. It is reported that the money was there BUT he did not like how Coach McD ws going to use him.

Does Coach McD lose authority/power over Zach (and possibly other players) because of having to "bargin" with player?

It is one thing to bargin for money BUT a whole nother thing telling a coach where and when you will play.

I think that that alone makes Zachs asking price way over the top.

They could easily justify it by the price tag coming down. That's why they met again. ZB wanted something in the range of $6M a year. The Bills didn't meet that asking price. If it comes down to say $4M they could certainly sign him.

It isn't that complicated. You apply a value to a player and if you can come to an agreement at that value, go for it. If not, you move on.

They could easily justify it by the price tag coming down. That's why they met again. ZB wanted something in the range of $6M a year. The Bills didn't meet that asking price. If it comes down to say $4M they could certainly sign him.

It isn't that complicated. You apply a value to a player and if you can come to an agreement at that value, go for it. If not, you move on.

...cannot make it any simpler Kirby 'ol buddy....yet 28 pages later, we've exhumed the "dead horse".......and I thought only BBMB beats horses to death and then some.....

If you read the statement that the Bills offered enough $$$$ it was NOT about the $$$. Zach walked away from the $$$$ due to the ROLE McD wanted him to play.

If you read the statement that the Bills offered enough $$$$ it was NOT about the $$$. Zach walked away from the $$$$ due to the ROLE McD wanted him to play.

Chenelly has a source somewhere in the FO that is involved with contracts imo (based on previous info shared) and just said the "money was ok"... whether or not they met his demands I'm not sure. That could mean they offered 4 and he was ok with it if the role was right,but it wasn't. Just a lot of speculation right now.

I read that. If other team's aren't meeting the number and/or role that he wants that can easily change the situation. That's why it is as simple as I described. You apply the value, make the offer and if the player chooses to accept, you sign them. You don't have to make any changes. The ball is in Zach Brown's court.

I read that. If other team's aren't meeting the number and/or role that he wants that can easily change the situation. That's why it is as simple as I described. You apply the value, make the offer and if the player chooses to accept, you sign them. You don't have to make any changes. The ball is in Zach Brown's court.

...and who the hell wants him if he's coming here sour grapes with a big puss because he OVERESTIMATED his value?...don't want no paycheck seeker......maybe the new Spring League with Hardy or Rice is a better option.....

This is getting Tyson Clabo sad. I don't blame ZB for getting his money, but he is so replaceable and for much cheaper. You don't overpay for soft LBs who were part of 3 200 rushing games!!!

Good luck to ZB. Hope silly tackle stats and meaning less "pro bowl" didn't make you overplay your hand.

He's a good player, but if he doesn't want the deal then move on.

That's kind of how I feel. His athleticism would be a great fit in this defense IMO. The Bills are lacking that Thomas Davis type of athlete, Zach Brown is that athlete. He isn't a great tackler and has some holes but his mobility could help this team but only at the right price. Make the offer that you think is fair and hold your ground.

That's kind of how I feel. His athleticism would be a great fit in this defense IMO. The Bills are lacking that Thomas Davis type of athlete, Zach Brown is that athlete. He isn't a great tackler and has some holes but his mobility could help this team but only at the right price. Make the offer that you think is fair and hold your ground.

I think he has more holes than a lot of Bills fans want to admit. He was a 2nd round pick that Tennessee was fine to let walk for nothing. He had a "pro bowl" season for us and we were fine letting him test the market.

His elite skill is speed. Given the way football is going, LBs are getting smaller and faster. They are different players but was ZB's impact last year better than Preston Brown's rookie year? I might argue that PB had a bigger impact but it is debatable. But given the cost of PB being a 3rd round rookie and ZB might cost to re-sign, there's no comparison.

Let him walk.

This is analogous to dating a chick for a year, then you break up with her because she's just ok. Then she goes on dates with people you know, still flirting with you- like Stacy in Wayne's World. You hook up again one night and then want to get her back because you're afraid of being alone...or in this case going it with an untested LB coming. Off an ACL. Don't settle for Womble's warrior. Let him go and fire up your online dating profile again, Bills.

I think he has more holes than a lot of Bills fans want to admit. He was a 2nd round pick that Tennessee was fine to let walk for nothing. He had a "pro bowl" season for us and we were fine letting him test the market.

His elite skill is speed. Given the way football is going, LBs are getting smaller and faster. They are different players but was ZB's impact last year better than Preston Brown's rookie year? I might argue that PB had a bigger impact but it is debatable. But given the cost of PB being a 3rd round rookie and ZB might cost to re-sign, there's no comparison.

Let him walk.

This is all true.....

This is analogous to dating a chick for a year, then you break up with her because she's just ok. Then she goes on dates with people you know, still flirting with you- like Stacy in Wayne's World. You hook up again one night and then want to get her back because you're afraid of being alone...or in this case going it with an untested LB coming. Off an ACL. Don't settle for Womble's warrior. Let him go and fire up your online dating profile again, Bills.

Whenever you break up with a girl, always remember there's a younger, hotter version out there.

I want the younger, cheaper, potentially better version of ZB.