Find me a tall receiver after the 2nd but before the 5th

That would be 6'-5" 210 pound Andre Holmes. No need to waste a draft pick on a big receiver when we already got our answer in my opinion.

Fine...find me a fast receiver under 6'5" from a northern region college after the 2nd but before the 3rd who likes Kanye.

Find me a kicker after the 5th who doesn't eat fried foods.

This could be tough.

Amara Daborah is my favorite Round 3 WR prospect but not sure if 6'2" is considered tall, if want an athletic WR with height the guys to go with is Mack Hollins or North Carolina (6'4") or Kenny Golladay (6'4") yet don't see them being impact rookies unless use Hollins as a return man.

Edited by The Jokeman

So far in free agency the Bills have only maintained the status quo at WR. Lost: Woods, Goodwin, Hunter (and Easley). Signed Butler, Brown, Holmes (and Tate).What if Watkins gets hurt again? I think we should draft Williams or Davis (maybe Jones?) EARLY. Not to just COMPLEMENT Sammy, but to replace him if needed.

Bucky Hodges actually played WR 95% of the time as a senior at VT.

6'7" with a 39" vertical, 4.5. Needs to work on catch consistency - easy thing to work on.

He'll be there at 3 or 4 and could add versatility to the overall receiving corps because he is also a TE.

Amara Daborah is my favorite Round 3 WR prospect but not sure if 6'2" is considered tall, if want an athletic WR with height the guys to go with is Mack Hollins or North Carolina (6'4") or Kenny Golladay (6'4") yet don't see them being impact rookies unless use Hollins as a return man.

If we had a 4th round pick that's where I'd pu Kenny Golladay. He had a good combine. Still want CD @ 10 to finally give us a #2.

Zay Jones but he'll go before the 3rd. So will Chris Godwin probably.

Isiah Ford isn't a huge WR but is known for his body control and making great catches down the field. Malachi Dupre is tall and has upside.

Others like Josh Malone (trouble against press coverage), Bug Howard, Josh Reynolds, Darboh (Hands?), Amba Etta Tawo, J.Smith Schuster could all be options here. Sleepers like Golladay, Robert Davis, Jerome Lane, J.Robinette, Q.Ayebedejo could all be interesting later in the draft.

I really appreciate all of the input I received on this post. I have considered some of the receivers you targeted but there was another criteria that I forgot to mention in the original post. Playing in Buffalo means some cold and windy days. That being said, a guy like Nick O'Leary doesn't wear gloves and I think that helps him tremendously. So what I'm really looking for is a tallish receiver, after the 2nd round but before the 5th round who has played in colder climates (schools north of Charlotte NC and east of Iowa State) that doesn't wear gloves. Thoughts?

I really appreciate all of the input I received on this post. I have considered some of the receivers you targeted but there was another criteria that I forgot to mention in the original post. Playing in Buffalo means some cold and windy days. That being said, a guy like Nick O'Leary doesn't wear gloves and I think that helps him tremendously. So what I'm really looking for is a tallish receiver, after the 2nd round but before the 5th round who has played in colder climates (schools north of Charlotte NC and east of Iowa State) that doesn't wear gloves. Thoughts?

Is it OK if he wears long Johns beneath his uniform?

I would look for Cherkooski out of Boston College. Played in a similar climate, sometimes wears gloves, and can move around the formation. He should be there in the 5th. Hes pretty tall, especially when standing next to midgets.

Another guy on my radar and probably no one else's is Phyzel Williams. Played his ball in North Dakota. This 6'6" specimen has all the measurables. He has a 7 foot wingspan and a hypothetical catch radius that makes Megatron look like TJ Graham jump-catching a ball of yarn between his knees. Phyzel dominated the backstroke in college too, which is shocking, I know, but he looks just as fluid on the field.

Given the significant number of needs on the team and the fact that they just signed Andre Holmes to a 3 year $6.5m deal, I don't see them drafting a wide receiver in any round this year. They still have Kolby Listenbee that they drafted as a developmental speedster. They re-signed Tate and still have Powell, Brown, Lewis, Butler, and I believe one other. Who thinks WR will be any priority when there's 9 on the roster and they're still super thin at both safety positions, cornerback, and linebacker? Not me.

Given the significant number of needs on the team and the fact that they just signed Andre Holmes to a 3 year $6.5m deal, I don't see them drafting a wide receiver in any round this year. They still have Kolby Listenbee that they drafted as a developmental speedster. They re-signed Tate and still have Powell, Brown, Lewis, Butler, and I believe one other. Who thinks WR will be any priority when there's 9 on the roster and they're still super thin at both safety positions, cornerback, and linebacker? Not me.

Powell, Listenbee and Butler are all under 6'5" and, as I recall, are from southern schools.

Tall only requirement? Maybe another James Hardy?

Tall receiver with elite speed, but after round 2 and before round 5 (that's where we can find a hidden gem) but also from a school that is north of NC and east of Iowa State (colder climates) but needs to have bare hands for better grip (no gloves). Also, I forgot to mention this. He shouldn't have longer hair. I find that longer haired receivers are distracted too much with other things. Not sure if there is a guy like this out there. Jauronimo touched on a few but they have shorter hair.

Tall receiver with elite speed, but after round 2 and before round 5 (that's where we can find a hidden gem) but also from a school that is north of NC and east of Iowa State (colder climates) but needs to have bare hands for better grip (no gloves). Also, I forgot to mention this. He shouldn't have longer hair. I find that longer haired receivers are distracted too much with other things. Not sure if there is a guy like this out there. Jauronimo touched on a few but they have shorter hair.

:lol:

How about a tall receiver after the second who was a late bloomer with a good heart who cares more about the plight of the Sudanese more than the Kardashians ?

You mean a real world, street smart young guy with a good head on his shoulders? Yes...after round 2 but before round 5, tallish with elite speed, good hands that can grip the ball and unobstructed vision (shorter hair). Find me one.

I think when personnel guys start looking for tall receivers, QBs with big hands, etc. they start to make mistakes.

I just want guys who can make plays.

Fergy played golf with Matt Patricia once and has developed a nice checklist to help against busts.

Does this average size playmaker know anything about the King and I or Casablanca?

Fergy played golf with Matt Patricia once and has developed a nice checklist to help against busts.

Does this average size playmaker know anything about the King and I or Casablanca?

As I said, a well rounded receiver would be ideal. It's well known that Matt Patricia (Rufus as I call him when playing golf) is an engineer and spends many evenings listening to NPR while building miniature, model German tanks. I would say his cultural growth has served him well. I want that...find me that in a receiver with the other criteria referenced above.