2017...EJ vs Tyrod

Billsfed

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the question is EJ vs Tyrod, I don't think Tyrod is good but obviously would rather have him to win. If it's who will win Oakland vs Buffalo with Taylor starting vs EJ starting for Oakland I think the Raider win .

From all reports EJ was a good guy good teammate. Most backup QBs are pretty terrible.

Quarterbacks don't play each other; teams do.

And under no circumstance will the Raiders lose to the Bills in 2017.

Except of course the circumstance that the thread is about, in which EJ Manuel is their QB. In that circumstance the Bills would win easily, unless you missed his 3 games these past two seasons. I don't know if there's a team in the NFL that could beat the 2017 Bills with EJ as their starter. Yes I say that confidently without knowing how the draft and FA play out. He is so horifically bad and the Raiders don't have a good defense, so it would likely be a blowout actually. I guess if Lynch goes there they'd have an outside shot if the Bills are really bad?

And that's about as much time as I'll ever spend again talking about EJ Manuel. Please let it die.

If the question is EJ vs Tyrod, I don't think Tyrod is good but obviously would rather have him to win. If it's who will win Oakland vs Buffalo with Taylor starting vs EJ starting for Oakland I think the Raider win .

From all reports EJ was a good guy good teammate. Most backup QBs are pretty terrible.

Yeah, a great guy and teammate who can't play quarterback at a professional level. When you say "most backup QBs are pretty terrible," does that go to prove that the Bills would lose to EJ? Not following that logic at all. The Bills lately have beaten terrible teams easily, for the most part. We aren't losing to the EJs of the NFL. I don't understand how anyone could think the EJ-led Raiders have any shot of beating, well just about anyone by my estimation.

what's a tyrod fanboy?

do you support the team? I know you don't support the organization. but if you do support the team, like I do, that includes all the players of the team. now if that's the case, what do you call fans who support the team?

as for your use of imagination, that would never happen so fortunately for you, you or the organization wont get to feel embarrassed.

Great question. A "Tyrod Fanboy" is a strawman created by about 5% of the posters on TBD who are irrationally anti-Tyrod. Of those irrationally anti-Tyrod posters, 95% of them are as such because they used to be irrationally pro-EJ themselves and were upset when Tyrod won the job and even stooped so low as to claim that there was a conspiracy involved (much like Trump claiming he didn't win the popular vote because of illegal votes). In any event, in the countless years, days and hours I have spent on this website, I have never encountered one poster who has tried to prop Tyrod Taylor up as more than he is: a below average to potentially average but STARTING NFL QB. You would think by seeing the term "Tyrod Fanboy" flung around so haphazardly, that there would be people on this website somewhere insisting he is already, or will be at some point in the near future, an elite NFL QB. In actuality, no such people exist. So when you see the term "Tyrod Fanboy," it is ex-EJ Fanboys (irrationally optimistic fans, mind you) bitterly lashing out at posters who acknowledge reality: that Tyrod Taylor is a below average- but worthy of starting- NFL QB, as opposed to a complete abomination. Edited by metzelaars_lives

Great question. A Tyrod Fanboy is a strawman created by about 5% of the posters on TBD who are irrationally anti-Tyrod. Of those irrationally anti-Tyrod posters, 95% of them are as such because they used to be irrationally pro-EJ themselves and were upset when Tyrod won the job and even stooped so low as to claim that there was a conspiracy involved (much like Trump claiming he didn't win the popular vote because of illegal votes). In any event, in the countless years, days and hours I have spent on this website, I have never encountered one poster who has tried to prop Tyrod Taylor up as more than he is: a below average to potentially average but STARTING NFL QB. You would think by seeing the term "Tyrod Fanboy" that there would be people on this website somewhere insisting he is already, or will be at some point in the near future, an elite NFL QB. In actuality, no such people exist. So when you see the term "Tyrod Fanboy," it is ex-EJ Fanboys (irrationally optimistic fans, mind you) lashing out at posters who acknowledge reality- that Tyrod Taylor is a below average but worthy of starting NFL QB, as opposed to a complete abomination.

Ha.

/thread.

Wins and losses are a team thing, not a QB thing.

I'd go with the Bills, but only by maybe 55:45. The Raiders, QB aside, are just a better team, with a better GM, who are therefore more likely to get better this offseason. Especially as unlike us, they didn't have cap problems.

Wow... talk about a guy who flip flops positions like a politician...

I'm not even going to explain that statement. You should be able to figure out why it's such a head scratcher based on your own recent statements about our own QB.

Will Thurman#1 ignore a question of his own failed logic or come up with an overwhelmingly convoluted response in an attempt to lose everyone as he tend to or will he admit that his logic is flawed...

Tune in tomorrow!!!

Provided Carr can't go in this one...who do you see coming out as the victor and why?

Before you answer with an "EJ sucks" type of response, lets not forget...just last year in week 2 Fitzpatrick beat Taylor right here in Orchard Park.

I'd like to think Taylor would play well enough to win, but I wouldn't be shocked to see EJ come out ahead in the silver and black

Fitz didn't best Tyrod, the Jets did. Don't be stupid new guy. Edited by Beef Jerky

Provided Carr can't go in this one...who do you see coming out as the victor and why?

Before you answer with an "EJ sucks" type of response, lets not forget...just last year in week 2 Fitzpatrick beat Taylor right here in Orchard Park.

I'd like to think Taylor would play well enough to win, but I wouldn't be shocked to see EJ come out ahead in the silver and black

What did Fitzpatrick beat Tyrod with a stick, a belt?

I never would have thought Fitzpatrick had the wheels to catch Tyrod.

My respose is indicative of my feelings of your thread.

#teamsport

Change on scenery might be good for EJ. He has all the tools, maybe some better coaching will teach him how to use them, probably not. EJs ceiling will always be higher than Tyrods, but EJs floor is much lower

EJ sucks but we know, as a rule, any player on another team is better than who we have. That's a toughie. Edited by PromoTheRobot

Wow, can you imagine if EJ does better then Tyrod, oh the embarrassment at OBD and as a Bills fan. Tyrod fanboys would be hiding under a rock for sure.

this would get you nips hard...wouldn't it?

i've never seen another person who has a more irrational dislike for taylor.

The Raiders will be deeper in talent so there would be that to consider. Even with that, I could see EJ making enough mistakes to make this a game. Taylor on the other hand, though not always moving the ball doesn't make many mistakes. Turnover battle would make the difference and Buffalo would win.

Edited by dgrochester55

Great question. A "Tyrod Fanboy" is a strawman created by about 5% of the posters on TBD who are irrationally anti-Tyrod. Of those irrationally anti-Tyrod posters, 95% of them are as such because they used to be irrationally pro-EJ themselves and were upset when Tyrod won the job and even stooped so low as to claim that there was a conspiracy involved (much like Trump claiming he didn't win the popular vote because of illegal votes). In any event, in the countless years, days and hours I have spent on this website, I have never encountered one poster who has tried to prop Tyrod Taylor up as more than he is: a below average to potentially average but STARTING NFL QB. You would think by seeing the term "Tyrod Fanboy" flung around so haphazardly, that there would be people on this website somewhere insisting he is already, or will be at some point in the near future, an elite NFL QB. In actuality, no such people exist. So when you see the term "Tyrod Fanboy," it is ex-EJ Fanboys (irrationally optimistic fans, mind you) bitterly lashing out at posters who acknowledge reality: that Tyrod Taylor is a below average- but worthy of starting- NFL QB, as opposed to a complete abomination.

well said. last sentence is where I stand and he is part of the team I support so call me a "fan" of the team.

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

jets 37-31.....looks like they needed tyrod to play defense too

tyrod is a top 20 QB

EJ isn't in top 50

as far as a possible tyrod vs EJ game......there are 52 other guys dressing for each team....but I like our chances with EJ starting