Seems WR at 10 for sure

My hope is the Bills braintrust realizes we don't have either a WR#2 or a WR#3 presently on the roster and pulls a Texans and drafts WR's with 2 of our 3 top picks because it would not only address the lack of talent at the position for 2017, but perhaps solves the issue for the next 4 years

While Wiliams or Davis would be great at #10 and provide us fans with excitement going into the 2017 season the next level of WR talent in this draft could still yield a solid NFL starter for years too come

Though IMO just grabbing one starting WR with a high pick is a bandaid for losing Woods, I still think us fans deserve an offensive upgrade, if anything something to be more excited about as we approach the 2017 season

jc

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This draft is deep enough that players in the 3rd or 4th this year would have gone in the second last year.

No need to panic.

In other words, it would be a good year to have a fourth round pick...

If you're drafting a WR at 10, isn't it a given that he's going to be your #1? Do we really need two #1 WRs in an offense that in all likelihood is going to feature primarily McCoy and a bunch of WC features?

I'd hate WR in the first, personally.

My hope is the Bills braintrust realizes we don't have either a WR#2 or a WR#3 presently on the roster and pulls a Texans and drafts WR's with 2 of our 3 top picks because it would not only address the lack of talent at the position for 2017, but perhaps solves the issue for the next 4 years

While Wiliams or Davis would be great at #10 and provide us fans with excitement going into the 2017 season the next level of WR talent in this draft could still yield a solid NFL starter for years too come

Though IMO just grabbing one starting WR with a high pick is a bandaid for losing Woods, I still think us fans deserve an offensive upgrade, if anything something to be more excited about as we approach the 2017 season

jc

I'd rather grab one WR in round 1, 2, or 3, and then another with one of our 5th round picks (Cannon?)

There's a very real possibility we just aren't going to have what most people would consider a real "#2 WR" on the roster this year.

Given our offensive scheme, building up a strong defense is going to help us much more than a legitimate #2 (or 1B) WR would.

I said the same things in another thread a few days ago, and I also think there will be a good receiver to be had between rounds two and five to compliment Sammy. I am also thinking they don't want o have a controversy over who our number one is. It might sound like a good problem to have, but what if, just what if Williams was noticeably better than Sammy...what with they so with Sammy at contract time in a couple years. Just saying...

unfortunately the biggest hole/need at the moment is a #1 CB

I still think they are trying to line themselves up before the draft to take the QB of the future at #10

I go back and forth re: CB because on paper it seems like we need help, but McDermott has seemed confident in CB1CB2 Darby-Seymour and has coached up young DBs pretty successfully

Hell we can't get WR's in FA even 2nd and 3rd tier guys to sign with us. I don't see an option in FA left for a true #2, I say draft Williams to be our #2 and see if after the draft there are any scap FA's out there to get.

The Bills don't have a franchise QB, and this is Whaley's first opportunity to take one in the first round as a GM. Whaley didn't even want Taylor, he brought him back for new the head coach. The HC got Taylor and Whaley's going QB with the first pick.

#2 WR is something you can get with the 2nd or 3rd rd pick, or sign a vet like Victor Cruz as a one year stop gap.

Hell we can't get WR's in FA even 2nd and 3rd tier guys to sign with us. I don't see an option in FA left for a true #2, I say draft Williams to be our #2 and see if after the draft there are any scap FA's out there to get.

We also don't have anyone playing opposite darby, and have crap safety depth. I'd even say OJ howards on the table at 10

if a team does its job there is no way short of career ending injury, that a team should have to use a 1st round pick twice in a decade..never mind twice in 5 years.

We rebuilt the wide receivers to the point we had too many 3 years ago and Rex and Whaley cut the wrong people.

We rebuilt the DB's with Gilmore and Darby and Williams and Bryd and now only 3 years later it is a huge weakness. This is on management for not doing their job.

It's interesting how some people forget that alot of players don't shine immediately upon entering the NFL... I remember WR Eric Moulds sucked his first 2 seasons with the Bills before blossoming in his 3rd season... Yet some people seem to feel that drafting a so-called stud WR is some kind of " instant sure thing"... How did Sammy Watkins pan out? The guy sure hasn't lived up to the billing he received (or the two #1's we invested in him)... And now people want to make that same kind of mistake all over again instead of at least trying to find a future franchise QB...