Bills are matching offer for Groy

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't see them keeping Lewis now can you?

Yea he seems to be the odd man out unless Wood is cut. But wouldn't be shocked if they hung onto all the o-linemen the first month of the season (until Henderson is eligible.) before cutting/IR'ing someone. Have an extra roster spot to play with this year since Hauscha can kickoff and do FGs.

Are you assuming Mills starts @ RT? I hope it doesn't go that way.

I'll pencil him in until someone else beats him out. Henderson is suspended, Kujo is recovering from hip surgery, Ducasse sucks, have arguably bigger needs in the draft. He's the logical choice right now.

Groy has 6 games or so...was a backup that no one knew about,,,now we all drinking the kool aid again.

Go Bills!

He's solid depth at center and guard. What is wrong with that? When Wood went down and Groy started 7 games, did anyone notice a difference in the middle of the line? No, and that's the point. He's cheap depth that could possibly be a starter again in the future.

Yea he seems to be the odd man out unless Wood is cut. But wouldn't be shocked if they hung onto all the o-linemen the first month of the season (until Henderson is eligible.) before cutting/IR'ing someone. Have an extra roster spot to play with this year since Hauscha can kickoff and do FGs.

I'll pencil him in until someone else beats him out. Henderson is suspended, Kujo is recovering from hip surgery, Ducasse sucks, have arguably bigger needs in the draft. He's the logical choice right now.

I am actually expecting nothing from Henderson.....I wish him luck with his illness but just think this is a guy that wont be on the roster

dont want to turn this into a hogan thread but I just think the Bills didn't value Hogan as highly for their offense as NE did for theirs.

Agreed and there was no reason for the Bills to value him as high.

People can complain, but Hogan did not do anything more in NE than here, but they paid him significantly more than he was worth.

People can complain, but Hogan did not do anything more in NE than here, but they paid him significantly more than he was worth.

Um ... He led the NFL with 17.9 ypc and had 332 yards in 3 postseason games (19.5 ypc and 2 tds).

Year
Team
REC
YDS
AVG
LNG
TD

Not a vast improvement, but not insignificant either. Plus a Super Bowl ring, 9 receptions for 180 yards and 2 TDs in the AFC Championship game, and a cool new logo.

Edited by JohnBonhamRocks

Um ... He led the NFL with 17.9 ypc and had 332 yards in 3 postseason games (19.5 ypc and 2 tds).

And how would he have done in the post season here.

Would he have made a difference considering that he was playing with one of the top QBs of all time and he barely had any more catches - a few more yards and only 2 TDs.

The Bills couldn't have used Hogan last season?

Their receiving core was embarrassing thanks to the inevitable Watkins injury.... there was plenty of reason to value him high.

You think the Patriots care that they slightly overpaid Hogan?

So you honestly believe that Hogan would of made the receiving corp not to be an embarrassment.

He was and is a very mediocre player and for the Bills to over pay for him would of made no sense. He was only slight better in NE with perhaps the best QB of all time and Hogan is a perfect fit for that offense and was not a great fit in our offense.

It makes sense for NE to pay for a receiver they will use and the Bills to be smart when they are going to be a run first offense.

• 2 weeks later...