Pats making a final push? Brady exit plan?

Virgil

This offseason has felt different from the Pats. Giving out big money to players, pulling off trades for high profile players.

I'm wondering if Brady really has told the team that he plans to play for 2 more years, or something like that, so they are just abandoning their normal plan to make sure those last few years are championship runs.

Could be crazy here, but something just feels different.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well they had a ton of cap room so why not use it on someone? They will probably trade butler for a 2nd and replace him with a cheaper guy controlled for a few years. Might as well go for it like elway went out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This will end someday, Bills fans.

Envy yourselves more than the under-30 Pats fan. They grew up with this. Paid no dues.

When we finally get there, truly nothing will be sweeter.

I cannot wait for that day.

The only thing I have on them is the Mets are 1-0 against the Red Sox in the WS. lol

I don't think it's a final push.......they were just so ridiculously below the cap that they had options and money they HAD to spend.

I partially agree with this, but most of what they have done is just good business. They've been trying to sign Butler for over a year (similar to our position with Gilmore), they finally had enough and went out and signed Gilmore instead. They still control the rights to Butler and will likely get compensation for him. Cooks is a perfect fit for their offense and is better than any WR who'll be available at their pick (especially considering their recent history taking WRs). Picking up Kony Ealy for dropping a few picks in the draft is found money. A couple of years ago they were paying their line A LOT of money, they've replaced them with young cheaper guys. They've paid corners before (Revis and Browner). Guys Gilmore's age and skill level aren't usually allowed to walk into FA, they saw the opportunity and paid him. If anything, they've gotten younger in several positions.

I cannot wait for that day.

The only thing I have on them is the Mets are 1-0 against the Red Sox in the WS. lol

Me too.

Two weeks ago I was having lunch on a ski day and a table or two away I overheard a father telling his two young sons about game 6. He was describing how torturous it was, but he did it with a smile on his face because of their more recent success (probably the Pats success too).

One day that will be us.

I partially agree with this, but most of what they have done is just good business. They've been trying to sign Butler for over a year (similar to our position with Gilmore), they finally had enough and went out and signed Gilmore instead. They still control the rights to Butler and will likely get compensation for him. Cooks is a perfect fit for their offense and is better than any WR who'll be available at their pick (especially considering their recent history taking WRs). Picking up Kony Ealy for dropping a few picks in the draft is found money. A couple of years ago they were paying their line A LOT of money, they've replaced them with young cheaper guys. They've paid corners before (Revis and Browner). Guys Gilmore's age and skill level aren't usually allowed to walk into FA, they saw the opportunity and paid him. If anything, they've gotten younger in several positions.

Yeah, on paper what they have done is impressive and makes sense.........they don't often win the offseason but they are running away with it this year.

I wish it was a final push out the door!

I can see Brady trying to break into the facility and engage in practices even after he is retired.

Like Kobayashi did when he failed to enter the hot dog eating contest and ran onto the stage and started to shove those boiled weiners down his gullet, now that's a competitor.

That's a really good one, though. Sox fans who lived through that had to wait as long as we have.

The Sox and Cubbies give me hope, even with all the hardships we've endured as fans.