Chad Kelly: drafted by Denver

HOUSE

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep! Just disappointed we didn't take a shot on him. Thought that he was a really good QB for us.

No.. That was his uncle Jim.

Elway just admitted essentially he did Jim a Favor.

Said he called Jim about Chad

Could have guessed that.

Thank god that bad dream (nightmare) is over.

Edited by PolishDave

Mr irrelevant

LOL

Meh. I'll admit I was wrong...by one pick.

Me too!

He'll be ir'd this year. Elway through Jim a bone, but I'm happy for him. Good spot for him too

Nice of Elway. But this is a good decision if he thinks he has a coach who can get through to Chad. Chad needs to do a U-turn. Time to sober up or you're gonna waste that talent.

When footage surfaces of him walking into a Denver pot shop, we may have another shot at him.

The mile High city indeed. I can think of 420 reasons why Chad shouldn't be in the state of Colorado

Yup. Pot's legal there. It's going to show whether he has gotten smarter. He has one year to show it.

Yeah it doesn't make sense that he's got 2 young QBs that he'd pick a third. And to use the last pick too. It might be that him being 7th round covers Chad's medical bills? And obviously Chad is going to need professional trainers to rehab his hand after that wrist surgery.

I hope Chad uses this label as fuel to change and become a man. He has promising talent. He has field vision. He can hit anywhere on the field accurately. Heck he's a better QB than Peterman. His lack of maturity cost him in this draft. This just might be the best thing for him. A humbling experience.

Wouldn't you call him if you were GM and knew Kelly? Not exactly a favor . It's a zero risk move in the seventh round and means you don't have to compete with others for a guy as an UFA. Smart move . Might as well take a QB with talent that could turn into an asset than waste a pick on the 15th best RB or something .

I hope Chad uses this label as fuel to change and become a man. He has promising talent. He has field vision. He can hit anywhere on the field accurately. Heck he's a better QB than Peterman. His lack of maturity cost him in this draft. This just might be the best thing for him. A humbling experience.

I feel like he's had several adversity moments and has yet to rise to the challenge. No idea what makes you think this would turn him around.