Chad Kelly: drafted by Denver

HOUSE

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish Chad the best, but he's a G.D. headcase and coming to Buffalo would have been the worst possible thing for him and his career.

If his name was Chad Jones, fans would have no interest in bringing him in. You're all in love with the name, not the tape.

You do know that some people have seen Kelly play and prefer him because of what we have seen. Not all fans are so fickle as you are describing.

Have you ever seen any of the tape? His games against Alabama?

I've watched him play a lot. Ole Miss has had a lot of national games the last two years. What I see is a spread QB in an offense based around a lot of half field reads and quick throws to get the ball into the hands of some very athletic receiving targets and let them do what they do best. When forced to read the field, he is overconfident in his arm strength and try to force the ball into windows that no QB could hit.

My assessment in one line would be great arm strength, slightly above average athleticism, below average field vision. Not the recipe for a franchise QB.

Nothing we've seen from Sean McDermott suggests Chad Kelly is on the teams' radar. If fact, CK is the antithesis of McD's Bills.

That's best for all parties, truly

I've watched him play a lot. Ole Miss has had a lot of national games the last two years. What I see is a spread QB in an offense based around a lot of half field reads and quick throws to get the ball into the hands of some very athletic receiving targets and let them do what they do best. When forced to read the field, he is overconfident in his arm strength and try to force the ball into windows that no QB could hit.

My assessment in one line would be great arm strength, slightly above average athleticism, below average field vision. Not the recipe for a franchise QB.

And not even worth a 5th round pick, much less 6th pick, much much less signing as an UDFA?

I wish Chad the best, but he's a G.D. headcase and coming to Buffalo would have been the worst possible thing for him and his career.

If his name was Chad Jones, fans would have no interest in bringing him in. You're all in love with the name, not the tape.

That is such a tired take about the name. It's a total aside, he's a freakin nephew. He's not falling due to the tape, in case you missed it. Mayock would strongly disagree with you. His issues are not the talent. It would be no different here than anywhere else. Fans are fickle and brutal everywhere in the NFL. But he has a real chance to be an NFL QB. Peterman is the opposite of Kelly in many ways, including the physical talent. Do you want a squeaky clean noodle arm or a guy that can play but needs to work on other issues? The decisions been made, but it was a poor one in my view.

That is such a tired take about the name. It's a total aside, he's a freakin nephew. He's not falling due to the tape, in case you missed it. Mayock would strongly disagree with you. His issues are not the talent. It would be no different here than anywhere else. Fans are fickle and brutal everywhere in the NFL. But he has a real chance to be an NFL QB. Peterman is the opposite of Kelly in many ways, including the physical talent. Do you want a squeaky clean noodle arm or a guy that can play but needs to work on other issues? The decisions been made, but it was a poor one in my view.

If both guys are gonna get you to like 6-7 wins at best, do you want the one that will throw 25 TD and 20 INT on the way or the one that will throw 17 TD but 5 INT? Either way, you're not winning with them, but one is gonna put way more stress on your D

True story

My son in law participated in the Jim Kelly QB Camp when he was in high school. He went on to play WR in college from out in Southern California.

When I mentioned to him that the Bills were toying with Chad Kelly as a late round pick he said...."that kid was in my group at the QB Camp and I can tell you he's a $&@! bag"

I couldn't stop laughing!

If both guys are gonna get you to like 6-7 wins at best, do you want the one that will throw 25 TD and 20 INT on the way or the one that will throw 17 TD but 5 INT? Either way, you're not winning with them, but one is gonna put way more stress on your D

I don't believe that both are only capable of getting 6-7 wins at best as a starter. Sounds about right for Peterman, maybe even 4-6.

Put the crack pipe down.

It's not because his last name is KELLY!

The kid is a baller. NFL analyst gets on WGR on Tuesday and said he's got Kelly as the highest rated QB prospect from LAST year and THIS year.

If he didn't get in trouble off the field the guy is a first rounder.

He's there in the 5th and you don't pull the trigger!? WTF does this organization have to lose?

I think that analyst was hitting the pipe... or just knew the crowd he was talking to in buffalo.

He's not the top qb when healthy AND he's hurt AND he's the person he is