Better Call Saul Season 3 - It's on!!!!!

The Poojer

I don't recall but did he replace all the pills? Maybe there was some good ones in that batch.

He did. One consistency with Vince Gilligan is if you orchestrate a plan over several episodes that point to the desired outcome, that plan will not work or have to be altered on the fly.

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mike told Gus about Nacho's plan, they stare at each other the whole scene while Hector's other man doesn't look at Gus.

Hector's condition was due to a stroke as mentioned in Breaking Bad. The placebo pills are assumed by Hector to be beta blockers that lower his blood pressure and I'm guessing as his blood pressure continues to rise a stressful situation will cause a stroke. I don't know how Gus plays into this but it should be an interesting finale.

Hector's condition was due to a stroke as mentioned in Breaking Bad. The placebo pills are assumed by Hector to be beta blockers that lower his blood pressure and I'm guessing as his blood pressure continues to rise a stressful situation will cause a stroke. I don't know how Gus plays into this but it should be an interesting finale.

The pills are supposed to be nitro glycerin. Beta blockers slow the heart rate. Nitro opens the blood vessels so that the heart doesn't need to work as hard to pump blood.

If I had to guess, I'd say that Hector is suffering from Angina. That's a common malady treated by nitro glycerin.

I meant that maybe Hector's condition isn't all that serious and gets resolved by taking a sugar pill and believing it would help him. And the plans don't work out as designed, except when Walt could see it fail and think fast on his toes.

I thought he replaced them all, but maybe not. The effect of nitro pills is to dilate blood vessels very quickly, relieving pressure on the heart by allowing it to pump blood more easily. I don't know if you can get much of a placebo effect like that, but then I'm no doctor.

He replaced them all. Re-watch the scene - he even had to count Tio's pills so that he put the correct amount of fake pills in the bottle.

He replaced them all. Re-watch the scene - he even had to count Tio's pills so that he put the correct amount of fake pills in the bottle.

He had to replace them all. If he only swapped out a couple, he wouldn't know which ones to swap back out once the plan is done.

I'm not usually very good at predicting these things but as soon as Kim started rehearsing her spiel to the landowners in the car I thought to myself, "car wreck."

Poor Kim.

the isolated camera on the driver in-car means something bad is upcoming

i was hoping she wasn't going to get killed

that camera angle is as big a cliche of TV/Hollywood as the grizzled cop partner saying "two weeks until i retire to full pension and go sailing around the Caribbean with my wife, we've been planning this for 20 years now..." you mean he's going to die??

I like devs theory. She turns in to Wendy. Kimberly Wendel wexler, etc. It'd be great to subtly drop the hint in the finale her middle name is something that could become Wendy. Maybe the towing form to get her car fixed has her middle name and its wendover or wendle...

Did Wendy have any interaction with jimmy in Bb?

I like devs theory. She turns in to Wendy. Kimberly Wendel wexler, etc. It'd be great to subtly drop the hint in the finale her middle name is something that could become Wendy. Maybe the towing form to get her car fixed has her middle name and its wendover or wendle...

Did Wendy have any interaction with jimmy in Bb?

Not in the series, but AMC put together a Saul Goodman law firm website with client testimonals including Wendy and Badger

I think this was definitely the best episode of the season....maybe of all seasons.

They are hitting us on all levels of interest and activity, which has been great, even without extravagant violence so far...

I've told all waiting for Netflix to release Season 3 that they will love it.

I'm not usually very good at predicting these things but as soon as Kim started rehearsing her spiel to the landowners in the car I thought to myself, "car wreck."

Poor Kim.

I thought it was strongly foreshadowed when she just missed plowing into the derrick.

I thought it was strongly foreshadowed when she just missed plowing into the derrick.

Or one of the boards under the tires didn't rear up and kill her, or that's been done already...

and the power nap snap-to after 5 minutes looked the same

getting desperate when you set that up

that really bothered me. i don't like the way they're telling the kim story and the way it is being ended.

we know its ended some time between now and bb... but... we don't know how.

i'm mostly disappointed with how.

her character is far too much of a presence to write out simply. and most importantly it is rather ridiculous to think that she was killed or something which truly affected jimmy when she is gone because we heard him make references in passing to her. to me that means. the only thing i can come up with is that we are two season away from bcs ending. we lose kim next season and her strong presence is replaced by mike and fringe

that really bothered me. i don't like the way they're telling the kim story and the way it is being ended.

we know its ended some time between now and bb... but... we don't know how.

i'm mostly disappointed with how.

her character is far too much of a presence to write out simply. and most importantly it is rather ridiculous to think that she was killed or something which truly affected jimmy when she is gone because we heard him make references in passing to her. to me that means. the only thing i can come up with is that we are two season away from bcs ending. we lose kim next season and her strong presence is replaced by mike and fringe

I think we've seen the beginning of a slow slide into the dissolution of Kim's relationship with Jimmy. I'm not sure what passing references you're talking about -- I just finished watching the entire BB series again and Saul refers to a couple of ex-wives but that's it. It wouldn't be like Gilligan to create such an important character in BCS that we can't tie to Saul's presence in BB. Kim must be part of the force that drives Jimmy away from any hope of a "legitimate" career.

My take is that we'll soon realize Kim is actually more like Howard and Chuck than we (or Jimmy) thought. She'll resent Jimmy's big payday over the Sandpiper settlement and it will drive a wedge between them. She'll be infuriated that he got so "lucky" with that case while she busts her ass for Mesa Verde. I'm no longer certain she will die -- I think she'll turn on Jimmy, driving him further into the seedy and corrupt practitioner we see in BB.

I think we've seen the beginning of a slow slide into the dissolution of Kim's relationship with Jimmy. I'm not sure what passing references you're talking about -- I just finished watching the entire BB series again and Saul refers to a couple of ex-wives but that's it. It wouldn't be like Gilligan to create such an important character in BCS that we can't tie to Saul's presence in BB. Kim must be part of the force that drives Jimmy away from any hope of a "legitimate" career.

My take is that we'll soon realize Kim is actually more like Howard and Chuck than we (or Jimmy) thought. She'll resent Jimmy's big payday over the Sandpiper settlement and it will drive a wedge between them. She'll be infuriated that he got so "lucky" with that case while she busts her ass for Mesa Verde. I'm no longer certain she will die -- I think she'll turn on Jimmy, driving him further into the seedy and corrupt practitioner we see in BB.

But you know what? As much as Jimmy had a selfish interest in settling Sandpiper quickly, he wasn't wrong to push it. These are elderly people who could die any day. What kind of ethics is it if a law firm is drags out a settlement for their own big payday? Jimmy helped all of Irene's friends. He just went about in a dickish way.

Edited by PromoTheRobot