Better Call Saul Season 3 - It's on!!!!!

The Poojer

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kim never really did much for me but dat booty in pajama bottoms got me rethinking :w00t:

Always the good stuff. Maybe my Kim->Wendy theory plays out

I was starting to like the Howard character but how do they keep him in the arc without Chuck?

And Chuck isn't dead. He's severely injured and will need long term care in a nursing home. Like Sandpiper Crescent.

Nevermind the Howard question I just answered myself. Howard bought out Chuck for $9M ($3M first payment). Jimmy becomes guardian for Chuck (not many McGills left)

Gus had to put on the CPR show so Don Whatshisname in the parking lot meeting wouldn't get suspicious

odd foreshadow in the bruises on her face looking like meth sores.

did ya know that meth sores exist because the user has their skin loaded with meth as the body excretes it in the pores? so meths pick at themselves and eat it.

That family would make me voluntarily give up community service for a few more years in prison.

The the fact that they sing "Bingo" would do it for me.

A cot, three meals, and peace and quiet would sound like heaven by comparison.

Kim's going to turn into an addict, though. That little throwaway "the good stuff" was a flag that IS Gilligan's style.

That's a good catch, but god I hope not. In my heart hoping Kim just moves to the West Coast to join some firm there - but likely her exit will be much more dramatic, which I fear is going to be really heartbreaking.

The elaborate scenario resulting in showing how Jimmy wouldn't be able to go back to elder law when he gets reinstated was clever. I was kind of hoping he would just get the 4 ladies together and spill his guts and apologize just to them then all would be forgiven. But then that wouldn't facilitate the other options Jimmy has going forward...

Thought Talking Saul was really good afterwards

You could tell the actor who played Howard was very into his character.

The actors who played Chuck and Nacho were able to separate the actor from their roles but the actor who played Howard, that role seemed very personal

The actors who played Chuck and Nacho were able to separate the actor from their roles but the actor who played Howard, that role seemed very personal

It's always interesting to see in the aftershow how actors/actresses relate to their characters. There's one actress on TWD - Soneque Martin-Green, I think, but it might have been Danai Gurira - who was always completely incapable of talking about her character in anything other than the first person.

A lot of it, too, has to do with the questions they're asked, I think. When asked about a character's motivations, actors who try to give an honest answer tend to "fall into" character and start talking in first-person (like Patrick Fabian about Howard). At the other end of the spectrum, you have Michael McKean being asked about Chuck and basically saying "I dunno, I just read the script."

why so? i watched part of it.

he actually seems like an interesting case study. maybe he liked the character. the character was powerful, to say the least.

It's always interesting to see in the aftershow how actors/actresses relate to their characters. There's one actress on TWD - Soneque Martin-Green, I think, but it might have been Danai Gurira - who was always completely incapable of talking about her character in anything other than the first person.

A lot of it, too, has to do with the questions they're asked, I think. When asked about a character's motivations, actors who try to give an honest answer tend to "fall into" character and start talking in first-person (like Patrick Fabian about Howard). At the other end of the spectrum, you have Michael McKean being asked about Chuck and basically saying "I dunno, I just read the script."

how much emotion did chuck display when speaking?

how many times did chuck really display emotions whilst talking that you didn't read as construed or constructed? when he spoke with any emotion it was about jimmy. and those emotions were not anything genuine. they were cold.

my theory is that it was like the joker role. a role dark and deep that few can get to - and he did i wonderfully.

That's a good catch, but god I hope not. In my heart hoping Kim just moves to the West Coast to join some firm there - but likely her exit will be much more dramatic, which I fear is going to be really heartbreaking.

The elaborate scenario resulting in showing how Jimmy wouldn't be able to go back to elder law when he gets reinstated was clever. I was kind of hoping he would just get the 4 ladies together and spill his guts and apologize just to them then all would be forgiven. But then that wouldn't facilitate the other options Jimmy has going forward...

It has to be. Kim and Jimmy clearly care for each other -- it can't end with "I've got to move on" dialogue. That wouldn't be Gilligan's style.

I despise that Hardwick dude so much I just can't watch any of the AMC after shows.

And Gus of course is a key character in BB

Also think back to last season when Mike's granddaughter was threatened by two guys on a rooftop that were later seen in Hector's shop.

If you could only take one DVD with you, would you take the BB Fly episode or your copy of March of the Penguins? I know how much you cherish both

That would indeed be the horns of a dilemma. :P

There had to be some significance to the song, doesn't it?

The game of Bingo plays a big role in the storyline. Not everyone wins at the game.

It has to be. Kim and Jimmy clearly care for each other -- it can't end with "I've got to move on" dialogue. That wouldn't be Gilligan's style.

I despise that Hardwick dude so much I just can't watch any of the AMC after shows.

It's easy to see her getting hooked on "the good stuff" after getting so banged up in the car wreck.

That would indeed be the horns of a dilemma. :P

The game of Bingo plays a big role in the storyline. Not everyone wins at the game.

It's easy to see her getting hooked on "the good stuff" after getting so banged up in the car wreck.

and yet the throw away scene had the family singing bingo

Season 4 of breaking bad has been unreal... Just got done with the episode where they took care of the cartel with the poison... Holy **** was that a good episode...

Pay close attention to the episode titles. Most folks tend to gloss over episode titles, but BB S4 episode titles always had dual meanings.

If you hadn't noticed the episode titles, go back and check them out. You'll see what I mean.

Was that the season finale?

I noticed it wasn't on Monday

CBF

Yes. 'Lantern' was the BCS S3 finale Edited by /dev/null