Martavis Bryant

Is this a player the Bills might consider trading for?

Missed all of last season and current indefinitely suspended from the league. He meets with commish 3/28 and then reinstatement will be determined. I think the Steelers may consider moving on as their passing game didn't necessarily suffer without him and Ben seems to be disenchanted with his behavior. But he's a dynamic weapon and played with Sammy in college. If he has his **** together now it's a steal, but there is that variable. 2 years left on his 4th rd rookie deal (last year didn't count). Not sure what we would need to give up but maybe a 5th this year and 4th next or something. Obviously only if he's reinstated. Thoughts?

Edited by YoloinOhio

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Missed all of last season and current indefinitely suspended from the league. He meets with commish 3/28 and then reinstatement will be determined. I think the Steelers may consider moving on as their passing game didn't necessarily suffer without him and Ben seems to be disenchanted with his behavior. But he's a dynamic weapon and played with Sammy in college. If he has his **** together now it's a steal, but there is that variable. 2 years left on his 4th rd rookie deal (last year didn't count). Not sure what we would need to give up but maybe a 5th this year and 4th next or something. Obviously only if he's reinstated. Thoughts?

If Rex was still coaching then it would be a possibility

I like Bryant as a player, but the question is will he keep it together? Also, has there been any rumors the Steelers are looking to part ways? If he makes one more mistake he's probably looking at a lifetime ban. I don't think I would want to part ways with anything other than a late round pick for him and the Steelers probably wouldn't do it. Edited by H2o

I like him alot. Good speed,good hands,good size. However,the year long suspension has to have some people in a tizzy. Regardless,with the Steelers losing Marcus Wheaton probably dictates his need at position for Pitt,so I can't see them trading him.

I have a feeling that the steelers aren't ready to move on from him. He's good-- better than Watkins, IMO.

There is a wiiiiiiiiiiiide gap between "good" and "better than Watkins". Bryant is somewhere in the middle of that gap. He is also addicted to pot. Major risk.

There is a wiiiiiiiiiiiide gap between "good" and "better than Watkins". Bryant is somewhere in the middle of that gap. He is also addicted to pot. Major risk.

People dont seem to understand how good Watkins is. His route running has improved to the point he may be one of the top 5 WRs in football. Problem is he played in an offense that didnt feature him.

If Rex was still coaching then it would be a possibility

You make a very interesting point, which has broader implications than just free agents. Will Whaley and company also be asked to stop taking chances on draft picks of questionable character? Karlos Williams comes to mind.

Didnt someone shows stats that there was a huge drop off in production when Bryant got suspended?

I cant see the Bills going near him, they have so little at WR they are one of the teams least likely in the league to take a huge risk on a guy to not get suspended again

according to him,he's moved away from LA to keep away from his pot head buddies,and hasn't smoked pot in 8 months.On a side note,pot is non-addictive. There is no drug they give you to ween yourself,ala heroin,etc. It doesn't make you Ill to go without.We all know it's an illegal substance in the eyes of the nfl,but times they are a changing Edited by BuffAlone

according to him,he's moved away from LA to keep away from his pot head buddies,and hasn't smoked pot in 8 months.On a side note,pot is non-addictive. There is no drug they give you to ween yourself,ala heroin,etc. It doesn't make you I'll to go without.We all know it's an illegal substance in the eyes of the nfl,but times they are a changing

He knows. He's an Andrew Luck and Marijuana troll.

And a million times yes to Martavis Bryant. Could have had him easily in draft.

Ben was over Brown and Bell too fwiw. Lol.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

No.. The Bills should stick to bringing in high character guys from here on out and skip on the low character ones.

Martavis Bryant is a very talented guy, he can catch a pass with one hand and roll a blunt with the other.

I have absolutely no problem with people who smoke weed but the NFL does. One more positive test for this kid and he'll be asking if you want to super size that as a career. I'd rather have someone you can rely on taking up a roster spot.

That was what came to my mind when reading the post. It will be interesting to see how the new coach approaches players like Bryant, seems like a no nonsense approach so far.

Well Rex would put up with players like Martavis, whereas I believe McCoach would believe he can fix these guys. Same idea bringing a maligned highly skilled player to the team, but a different approach.

Personally I realize Bryant is a great talent and would love to have a player with his skills, but I question his ability to grow the heck up.

according to him,he's moved away from LA to keep away from his pot head buddies,and hasn't smoked pot in 8 months.On a side note,pot is non-addictive. There is no drug they give you to ween yourself,ala heroin,etc. It doesn't make you Ill to go without.We all know it's an illegal substance in the eyes of the nfl,but times they are a changing

Without trying to turn this political, there is the small matter of your AG starting up Reefer Madness 2.0. :D