Martavis Bryant

Sorry had to go to church and pray for a WR ;) anyway I haven't heard rumors that they want to move on from him BUT I did hear they consider him a headache and a distraction and Ben doesn't trust him. Given they have a number of weapons and Coates can replace him, I think they could be persuaded with a draft pick. The Bills truly have two avenues to acquire a decent WR - draft or trade. No decent FA is going to choose this offense until it proves it can and will throw the ball.

I do not think he's better than Watkins. He's not has to be a #1 WR and has had the benefit of AB on the other side.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Rex was still coaching then it would be a possibility

I think you are right. Looks like Mcfermott is looking for high character guys. Not sure the Bryant is one of those guys with his suspensions. Great player though.

Talent > Character

NFL needs to update outdated policy. Tons of monster players smoke.

If you can't give up the doobie for a multi-milliondollar job and career - then you sir are a giant dousche bag loser and deserve to be kicked out of the NFL.

Character > talent - unless you like hanging out with chit heads and ghetto dwellers

I think people need to reset their expectations. Under Rex we were full throttle trying to plug up every crack in the dam to get over the hump into the playoffs. Seems like under McD we are going to take a much more measured approach and try to build a solid foundation. DiMarco / Tolbert / Hauschka all have Super Bowl experience. Hyde has played in plenty of big games, is young enough to have several productive years and filled a big need. I think everyone around the organization recognizes the locker room wasn't where it needed to be in order to gamble on character guys. I think a lot of UDFAs are going to have a shot at making this roster and there will be room for cuts from other teams. I think we'll see a lot of churn through the bottom half / quarter of the roster as we try to build a sustainable talent base. This year is more about setting the culture and working hard every day, trusting the results will come and less about bluster and proclamations, hoping players will live up to lofty goals on their own accord. People need to get out of the "OMG, we need a WR2 and WR3, a RT, a corner, a replacement for Kyle, a safety or we won't make the playoffs!" mindset.

If you can't give up the doobie for a multi-milliondollar job and career - then you sir are a giant dousche bag loser and deserve to be kicked out of the NFL.

Character > talent - unless you like hanging out with chit heads and ghetto dwellers

only chit heads and ghetto dwellers smoke pot? What's that make pres Clinton then? That's quite a derogatory statement! Ghetto dwellers....smdh

Andrew Luck and Marijuana TROLL? WTF are you talking about? I've never said a single word about Luck,ever. And the first time I've EVER even mentioned pot on any board. Im not here to advocate any illegal drugs,as this is not the forum for that. Im here to discuss the year long ban on Bryant,based on his substance abuse,and threw out a simple truth. Im no troll a&&**le. And for the record,id love to have him,but he's not on the market

Oh boy.

Maybe I'm talking about the person you responded to ? Sorry for trying to help you bud.

only chit heads and ghetto dwellers smoke pot? What's that make pres Clinton then? That's quite a derogatory statement! Ghetto dwellers....smdh

No. If you choose to smoke pot over choosing a multi-milliondollar job/career - then you are a chit-head who likes to probably hangs out with other chit heads and ghetto dwellers.

Choosing weed over millions of dollars and a life on easy street is a total ghetto move.

Go make your money for a few years then smoke all the weed you want for the rest of your life if you want. Heck - go buy an estate in Jamaica if you want.

I liken the pot thing to showing up to work on time. If you take a job that says they will pay you millions per year if you get to work by 8 AM every day or else you are fired - well then you damn well better get to work by 8 AM. Move close, leave for work early - whatever you need to do to set yourself up for life. Or you can show up late - get fired and whine like a little btch about how its not fair and that the world owes you the awesome job.

Until the NFL changes its policy - I say fire all the pot-heads just for being stupid/entitled.

Leveon Bell, Randy Moss, Zeke Elliott, Warren Sapp, and on and on and on

Enjoy losing with character.

Andrew Luck and Marijuana TROLL? WTF are you talking about? I've never said a single word about Luck,ever. And the first time I've EVER even mentioned pot on any board. Im not here to advocate any illegal drugs,as this is not the forum for that. Im here to discuss the year long ban on Bryant,based on his substance abuse,and threw out a simple truth. Im no troll a&&**le. And for the record,id love to have him,but he's not on the market

He meant me, not you.

I'm not a fan of pot and Ryan loves pot. He calls me a pot troll to help keep his guilt in check. At least that is how it seems. It is ok with Ryan if you have an opinion on pot, as long as it is the same opinion as him.

WRT Luck, I don't quite get Ryan's addiction there. I have merely pointed out the wide gap between Luck's can't miss and Hall of Fame shoe in reputation and his results on the field. Luck has been brilliant and he has been inept as well. The aggregate results 6 years in is an inability for a supposed dominant QB in an era of QBs to consistently win the worst division in the history of football. As a result my opinion of him is that he has thus far fallen short of expectations. If Luck had an altar, Ryan would be there praying right now.

Oddly enough, I think Ryan and I share opinions on more things than we diverge. Not everything else, but most things. It is when i differ with him that he attacks.

He meant me, not you.

I'm not a fan of pot and Ryan loves pot. He calls me a pot troll to help keep his guilt in check. At least that is how it seems. It is ok with Ryan if you have an opinion on pot, as long as it is the same opinion as him.

WRT Luck, I don't quite get Ryan's addiction there. I have merely pointed out the wide gap between Luck's can't miss and Hall of Fame shoe in reputation and his results on the field. Luck has been brilliant and he has been inept as well. The aggregate results 6 years in is an inability for a supposed dominant QB in an era of QBs to consistently win the worst division in the history of football. As a result my opinion of him is that he has thus far fallen short of expectations. If Luck had an altar, Ryan would be there praying right now.

Oddly enough, I think Ryan and I share opinions on more things than we diverge. Not everything else, but most things. It is when i differ with him that he attacks.

NFL.com has stats for you. Luck is a stud

Learn how to take constructive criticism duuuuuuuuuude.

He meant me, not you.

we all have different opinions.on every subject. That's a human trait. Personally, I support its legality for multiple reasons. But again,the rules dictate you take a drug screen pre-employment,and often throughout. So I agree,if you want a job,and wanna keep it,you should tow the company line. Henderson's health is a whole separate issue,as it's medical and not recreational. Just my opinion

NFL.com has stats for you. Luck is a stud

Learn how to take constructive criticism duuuuuuuuuude.

Did you see any of those 4th and 1 opportunities on GW drives that he choked on this year? Granted they were against division rivals like the Jags, but still.

What did Bill Parcels say again? You are what your record says you are? He has a record of having an average record in the worst division in football history.

we all have different opinions.on every subject. That's a human trait. Personally, I support its legality for multiple reasons. But again,the rules dictate you take a drug screen pre-employment,and often throughout. So I agree,if you want a job,and wanna keep it,you should tow the company line. Henderson's health is a whole separate issue,as it's medical and not recreational. Just my opinion

I don't have any problem with other opinions. I don't have any problem with people smoking pot, really. If the NFL changed the rules, I might roll my eyes but that would be about my whole reaction.

I do see what pot does to people and I am realistic about it. Some people get all defensive about it and put pot on some sort of creepy pedestal. It is a guilt trip about breaking the law or just doing something they shouldn't and they lash out. That behavior needs to be seen for what it is....which is either just a bunch of BS to project, or a cry for help.

I don't see McDermitt even considering him due to risk, and I'm not crazy about all of these second chances. When you get suspended for over a year, you've been caught so many times using drugs the risk is way too high.

I'm not concerned with people's opinions on marijuana. I could care less, but it's against the law and NFL rules. You want to risk Illinois of dollars over weed. That is just plain stupid.

Yeah I'd like them to take a chance on Bryant or Josh Gordon if they are re-instated.

I thought they should have drafted Bryant......I rarely watch the actual draft but I tuned in to see pick 109 with my fingers crossed that it would be Byrant and was extremely let down that it was instead Cockrell.

That was a prime case of drafting for need over BPA.

If you are willing to pay dearly for a shot at a PLAYMAKING WR like Sammy.......why not pick up another one for cheap in round 4?

Because they had drafted Bob Woods the year before.......whose ceiling was never going to approach Bryants.

Given near equal positional value (CB and playmaking WR are both high value)......go with the better talent.

That was a generational WR draft.

I doubt the Steelers give up on him, he has the kind of "great" potential they need to get past the Patriots.....but I'd love them to get another chance at him.