Whaley forget about receiver?

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did Whaley forget about this need when he was out signing fullbacks and safeties?

We have one NFL caliber WR on our roster in Watkins, who is hurt at least 50% of the time. There are barely any quality receivers left in free agency (almost all of them are #3 guys like Wright, Hunter, Patterson).

Unless Doug is hell bent on drafting 3 in May, we need to start adding some guys. This is the biggest need on the team, especially when you don't have an elite QB that makes average WR's great like Rodgers, Brees, or Brady.

They've negotiated with every free agent WR that's already signed.

Great thread!!!

Look we already had one of the worst WR groups in the NFL

Over the last years we've lost #2 WR (Woods), #3 WR (Hogan), #4 WR (Goodwin) and Harvin

So I understand fans panic here, it seems like DW is ignoring the position

Though its still only day 3 in FA

But if it remains like this going into the draft I have to think we are spending 2 of our first 3 high drafts pick on a WR/CB

If that's the plan, great, however it ain't gonna leave any high picks left for RT, S, OLB, and or future QB

We will have more starting holes than we did last year

jc

I think we will use at least 1 pick on WR. Maybe 2 if they trade down and acquire more picks.

I don't really have a problem if they don't use a pick on RT or QB, as both are areas of weakness in this year's draft.

DB is very deep though, so I'm sure the secondary will be addressed.

Not every hole has to be filled this year, either. It's most likely more of a transition year anyway, as guys learn the new schemes and the coaches evaluate the roster & start making the necessary changes.

Why are you guys so worried about the 2nd spot?

Tyrod hardly targets the second wideout, and asides from that, the bills are a run first team.

Different philosophy now.

This coaching staff might actually require Taylor to throw the ball, but with Mills back, this style of offense will get Taylor killed, lol.

Did Whaley forget about this need when he was out signing fullbacks and safeties?

We have one NFL caliber WR on our roster in Watkins, who is hurt at least 50% of the time. There are barely any quality receivers left in free agency (almost all of them are #3 guys like Wright, Hunter, Patterson).

Unless Doug is hell bent on drafting 3 in May, we need to start adding some guys. This is the biggest need on the team, especially when you don't have an elite QB that makes average WR's great like Rodgers, Brees, or Brady.

oh ya he probably forgot that and to put pants on when he left for work today....that or hes using that thing called the draft rather than an overpriced over the hill wr when we still have a great #1 and #2 on the team

Yeah, I'm sure he forgot about WR.......

P.S. free agency started a few days ago. There's still plenty of time to sign players. The longer you wait, the less you pay.

Should have signed Hogan.

Should move on and stop crying

Great thread!!!

Look we already had one of the worst WR groups in the NFL

Over the last years we've lost #2 WR (Woods), #3 WR (Hogan), #4 WR (Goodwin) and Harvin

So I understand fans panic here, it seems like DW is ignoring the position

Though its still only day 3 in FA

But if it remains like this going into the draft I have to think we are spending 2 of our first 3 high drafts pick on a WR/CB

If that's the plan, great, however it ain't gonna leave any high picks left for RT, S, OLB, and or future QB

We will have more starting holes than we did last year

jc

It seems like you have no clue what's really happening behind the scenes

Camp starts in July. FA is three days old. Why the panic? Watkins will get a new deal sooner than later.

Drafted WR's are cheap for the next four or five years. They can always find a number two receiver.

Whomever it is will be at the low end of the pecking order anyway: Sammy, Shady, Clay, WR2.

Edited by purple haze

If nobody can tell were going to the power run game with the 2 FB we just selected, I highly doubt WR at 10, were going to run McCoy/Gillislee into the ground with Tolbert/Dimarco sharing all the short yardage and goaline duties imo.

What is the status of Gillislee?

Whaley is one of the worst GMs in the league. His failure to address the WR position in last year's draft and rely on an Robert Woods and Sammy Watkins to stay healthy all season (while losing Chris Hogan in the process) should have been grounds for dismissal IMHO.