Whaley forget about receiver?

Without Watkins we don't have a WR corp. There's what, 2 other guys under contract?

Whaley is constantly just trying to tread water. Every FA and draft we're trying to fill huge gaps where we should already have succession plans in place. WR was a need last year and he did nothing. It's now a bigger need. Aiken would be a good depth sign. But we'll need to go high (1st or 2nd) to add another playmaker to help Tyrod

This is what happens when coaches and schemes change every 2-3 years. You fill huge gaps and tread water.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With the release of Marcus Easley, the Bills are VERY thin at WR. Wow. Not much left in free agency, will Bills be drafting at least 2 this year? It's been very clear Doug Whaley does not put much value in WR talent. Since being GM Doug has drafted 3 WR's, only 1 of them with an early round pick.

Sammy - Rd 1

Listenbee - Rd 6

Dez - Rd 7

--

Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/billsfanatics/

You counted Easley as WR depth?

If the Bills are able to re-sign Hunter I would have no problem having Hunter/Listenbee/Powell/Lewis competing in camp for the #3 WR job. Listenbee has speed, Lewis has size, and Hunter/Powell both showed some good things on the field last year. I'd be comfortable that one of the four will take a step forward this year, and the others make for ok depth. The Bills still need a #2 WR which they will probably need to get in the first two rounds of the draft.

Not ideal but definitely good enough to get us through the 2017 season, especially if they are planning to run a lot of 2 TE sets anyway.

There isn't really anyone else in FA I think the Bills should get. Does anyone really want to lay out a $30mil+ contract for Kamar Aiken or Brian Quick?

They're not getting 30 mil contracts. Look at the Terrance Williams deal for a comp.

Bleacher Report's Jason Cole reports free agent WR Kamar Aiken has "roughly six teams" showing interest, including the Browns, Bills, and Seahawks.
I thought Justin Hunter had potential especially at 6'4" , for Taylor to be able to see him.
No doubt will draft a WR

....why not re-sign him?....visited the Pats but that was before the Cooks deal......still available...............

Have we considered that they're trying but that Tyrod's standing in league circles as a passer might be hindering wooing someone?

Or that perceptions of what the Bills are (seen as run-first) might be stopping players from being enticed?

Can't just say "we should sign this guy" as if he doesn't have a say in the matter.

Seems like people aren't taking consideration that the Bills are a run first offense with a QB who hasn't shown consistent play inside the pocket. Why would Buffalo be an attractive destination for a WR who has options?

Damn you and your telepathy :D

Edited by Blokestradamus

Seems like people aren't taking consideration that the Bills are a run first offense with a QB who has shown consistent play inside the pocket. Why would Buffalo be an attractive destination for a WR who has options?

...has to be a TOP priority for Dennison to correct that....."run or done" won't cut it IMO.............

This is what happens when coaches and schemes change every 2-3 years. You fill huge gaps and tread water.

The writing was on the wall for Rex last offseason, and I thought Whaley made a stupid decision to move up for Ragland, which cost us two extra picks (no 4th this year). Those picks could have been great depth or even a starter at a number of positions of need this year.

Yeah, I'm sure he forgot about WR.......

P.S. free agency started a few days ago. There's still plenty of time to sign players. The longer you wait, the less you pay.

Should move on and stop crying

It seems like you have no clue what's really happening behind the scenes

If the movie is never made public then who cares about behind ths scenes. Bottom line is it feels and all things are pointing so far that Whaley is not trying to provide capable starting wrs to this Bills team.

There will be 10 guys in camp and at least one guy who gets cut that fans will lament losing.

Out of those 10, 1.5 are starting caliber.

As of now we have Sammy, Listenbee, Clay and OLeary as targets. Make every effort to sign Hunter and Tate. Add Davis, Howard or Zay Jones in the draft. Then maybe a budget FA like Anquan Boldin? Let's face it, we're running 65% of the time anyway, whether you like it or not....

....why not re-sign him?....visited the Pats but that was before the Cooks deal......still available...............

There's no way we should let Hunter get away...

As of now we have Sammy, Listenbee, Clay and OLeary as targets. Make every effort to sign Hunter and Tate. Add Davis, Howard or Zay Jones in the draft. Then maybe a budget FA like Anquan Boldin? Let's face it, we're running 65% of the time anyway, whether you like it or not....

There's no way we should let Hunter get away...

....I agree.....has the size....TT was beginning to develop a rapport WHEN and IF he spotted him.....only has had one visit so I'm guessing the price would be right.............