Whaley forget about receiver?

Because you know that Ragland isn't going to be a stud already? It's a stupid move and you've never even seen him play a snap in the NFL. Ok, you hate Whaley. We get it. Just say that. Don't spew nonsense. If Ragland turns out to be a stud, it was a great trade. Until we know what we have in Ragland, your statement is ridiculous

If Ragland becomes an all-Pro I'll eat crow. I actually generally liked him in the draft, but there is an opportunity cost that comes with trading two 4th rounders to move up 8 spots, particularly when you have a similar guy (P. Brown) already on the team, and other blue chip prospects like J. Reed were still available and we had other needs.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the Bills are able to re-sign Hunter I would have no problem having Hunter/Listenbee/Powell/Lewis competing in camp for the #3 WR job. Listenbee has speed, Lewis has size, and Hunter/Powell both showed some good things on the field last year. I'd be comfortable that one of the four will take a step forward this year, and the others make for ok depth. The Bills still need a #2 WR which they will probably need to get in the first two rounds of the draft.

Not ideal but definitely good enough to get us through the 2017 season, especially if they are planning to run a lot of 2 TE sets anyway.

There isn't really anyone else in FA I think the Bills should get. Does anyone really want to lay out a $30mil+ contract for Kamar Aiken or Brian Quick?

I think this is a reasonable perspective.

But i do have concerns about Watkins foot in particular.

....why not re-sign him?....visited the Pats but that was before the Cooks deal......still available...............

absolutely should. he tested the water now let give him a place to set his bindle

....consider sending your resume' to:

Buffalo Bills Corporate Office Headquarters

Buffalo Bills, Inc.

1 Bills Dr.

Orchard Park, NY 14127, USA

Attention: Desperate Need of a GM

....I gave them a heads up and they're waiting............

:thumbsup::beer:

Watkins?

Your right we have gotten zero value out of Watkins due to unhealthy seasons. I wouldnt even call it likE this was a great gm move even if he put up consecutive 1k years. You know why? Because the amount of picks used to aquire Sammy pretty much indicate that you are expecting alm pro potential out of him and anything short of that for any reason is just another excuse.

TE is a way bigger need than WR. Most of the game in this type of offense, there will be two WR. Probably around 25% of the time there will be a 3rd.

Most of the game will be played with two TEs. We currently have an oft-injured Clay, and O'Leary.

We still need a number 1 TE, we already have a number 1 WR.

likely picking WR at #10 in draft

At the combine they said they were really looking at CBs so I suspect they go this route, especially with Gilmore gone.

TE is a way bigger need than WR. Most of the game in this type of offense, there will be two WR. Probably around 25% of the time there will be a 3rd.

Most of the game will be played with two TEs. We currently have an oft-injured Clay, and O'Leary.

We still need a number 1 TE, we already have a number 1 WR.

considering our FB signings they will go one TE most of the time.

If Ragland becomes an all-Pro I'll eat crow. I actually generally liked him in the draft, but there is an opportunity cost that comes with trading two 4th rounders to move up 8 spots, particularly when you have a similar guy (P. Brown) already on the team, and other blue chip prospects like J. Reed were still available and we had other needs.

Preston Brown and Ragland are not really similar guys (imo)

I dont feel P. Brown is anywhere near as instinctive a player.......he gets caught in the wash to much which is why he is always late to make the tackle

Whaley had literally nothing to do with Shady. Another team called wanting a draft choice he said pick a player. If you think that warrants giving credit to the gm well that speaks volumes of your inability to be honest in an egfort to prop Whaley up. I suppose some credit is due for signing Incog, albiet he was black balked for bullying and noone gave himor was giving him a chance. I mean if we are being honest maybe he can go get anyother blackballec player every three years and we might have a team in three decades.

He literally had everything to do with the McCoy trade since he was the GM that made the trade.

Your right we have gotten zero value out of Watkins due to unhealthy seasons. I wouldnt even call it likE this was a great gm move even if he put up consecutive 1k years. You know why? Because the amount of picks used to aquire Sammy pretty much indicate that you are expecting alm pro potential out of him and anything short of that for any reason is just another excuse.

You're*

What about giving Dareus his current contract and locking him in for a few years?

Preston Brown is garbage. If Ragland isn't much better, than it's definitely a bad trade. I think he works out to be a very solid lb and a leader of our defense. Time will tell

Regarding J Reed, there was no way to know Reed would still be on the board when we picked. Ragland was also a blue chip prospect just as Reed was. Trading up for either of them would've made some sense imo. Yes, it was a steep price to pay but if the player acquired turns out to be a stalwart, it's a good trade in my book. I like the proactive approach. You don't. All good

Not all of us are bad apples...

That's why I said 99%

He literally had everything to do with the McCoy trade since he was the GM that made the trade.

More non sense. He showed to work that day. Wuite sad the lenghths people will go to hide Whaley.

You're*

What about giving Dareus his current contract and locking him in for a few years?

Your right Dareus has been an all pro for us, hasnt missed any games, and isnt one mess up from a 10 game suspension.

More non sense. He showed to work that day. Wuite sad the lenghths people will go to hide Whaley.

Your right Dareus has been an all pro for us, hasnt missed any games, and isnt one mess up from a 10 game suspension.

What is nonsense is deciding that a GM has nothing to do with a trade that happens when he is GM. Whaley could have turned down Philly.

You're = you are*

You're missing the fact that Whaley has assembled an average roster and is one player away from consistent playoff appearances.

To help me better understand your view on Whaley can you expand your thoughts on Hughes, McCoy, Watkins, Dareus and Incognito?

Edited by spillerhighlife

What is nonsense is deciding that a GM has nothing to do with a trade that happens when he is GM. Whaley could have turned down Philly.

You are giving him much more credit than he truly rates for that Mccoy trade. Does answering the phone to a GM/Coach in chip kelly that was clearly over his head and saying pick a player from my squad really rate any credit at all? Cmon it isnt like he had MCcoy in his thoughts and engineered a fantastic trade, oh yeah and then he went on to give Mccoy a contract that was both outrageous and not required. So my opinion is that any living human adult could have fleeced Philly, it wasnt do to Whaleys one of a kind GM abilities that some of you believe he has.

You are giving him much more credit than he truly rates for that Mccoy trade. Does answering the phone to a GM/Coach in chip kelly that was clearly over his head and saying pick a player from my squad really rate any credit at all? Cmon it isnt like he had MCcoy in his thoughts and engineered a fantastic trade, oh yeah and then he went on to give Mccoy a contract that was both outrageous and not required. So my opinion is that any living human adult could have fleeced Philly, it wasnt do to Whaleys one of a kind GM abilities that some of you believe he has.

He made the trade. It is undeniable. There are plenty of things to criticize but to deny an obvious fact is bizarre.

Ignant

He made the trade. It is undeniable. There are plenty of things to criticize but to deny an obvious fact is bizarre.

The fact that it took no General Manager type skills to a-answer the phone, b- say no to draft picks because I used them on watkins pick a player? That took literally no work at all sure he made the trade every gm in the league would have.

He made the trade. Period.

He also brought back that terrible qb you covet.