Bills Release Safety Corey Graham

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Poyer is no more than a backup in this league. He started for the worse team in the NFL. Hyde is versatile but not great at Safety, or Nickel. Average. Hyde is a poor tackling and a liability in coverage at times. He is somewhat of a playmaker at times.

You are so wrong.

I could see us re-signing him in a couple of Months or so. Makes complete sense to cut him now and see who else you can get. If we weren't able to shore the position up completely - we can bring him back at a reduced salary.

I hope so. He has great smarts and is a locker room asset. I love having a local kid on the roster. In 2016 he appeared in all 16 games, notching 87 tackles, one sack, nine pass breakups and one interception. He graded out as Pro Football Focus’ No. 37-ranked safety. That is not bad, but expensive... so hopefully he returns.

Edited by tedstrong

I don't think it's unreasonable to expect Webb, Byrd, or Graham back at a reduced salary. Any of those three would make sense. (Probably means none of those will happen.)

Poyer is no more than a backup in this league. He started for the worse team in the NFL. Hyde is versatile but not great at Safety, or Nickel. Average. Hyde is a poor tackling and a liability in coverage at times. He is somewhat of a playmaker at times.

so,Hyde is poor at times,playmaker at times? Gotcha.

Over the past two seasons,Hyde has 113 Tackles,2 Sacks, and 6 Ints. That's not poor,especially considering he was not a full time starter. Also,being as versatile as he was,he had different assignments on a regular basis. In comparison, Graham had 101 more Tackles,2 Sacks,and 3 Ints as a full time starter. And we won't look at AW's numbers for obvious reasons. Hyde can play

He was being overpaid for production - he needed to see that - the fact that he had a large bonus due was a weight around his neck. He could have offered to waive it and restructure if he felt his chances were better to make this roster than another one but likely liked his chances better elsewhere. Good luck and if free agency does not work out talk to Bills again before draft.