Chris Brown: Whaley doesn't get enough cred from Bills fans

Whaley is fantastic. I don't know what all you people are whining about. For two years in a row, the Patriots signed away one of our players. That should tell you something.

Failure to address QB? Half the damn teams in the NFL have a QB problem. Finding a franchise QB isn't easy, and we now have Tyrod. Yeah, EJ didn't pan out. But we got an extra draft pick for moving back.

Buddy should have drafted Russell Wilson, but didn't. That's been the biggest mistake in recent years.

The talent level on this team is so much better than it has been. Our FA signings have been pretty damn good. And out drafting has gotten better. Not perfect, but we have a lot of talent. Now we just need to win.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Murphy and Brown are the two ultimate Bills' shills. Whaley and his failure to address QB, and his lousy draft history.? LOL Not to mention his terrible contract signings (i.e., Dareus), that always put Team Mediocrity up against the salary cap.

he did address QB. I've not seen a "lousy" draft yet. Not stellar,but lousy? Dareus contract would be just fine,if he'd not be lazy n smoking pot. TT contract while seemingly bad,was reworked to suite the team. That's not horrible. And he does seem to land quality guys in FA. I'd agree,he's better than given credit for. Still room for improvement tho

Guest NeckBeard

Whaley is fantastic. I don't know what all you people are whining about. For two years in a row, the Patriots signed away one of our players. That should tell you something.

Failure to address QB? Half the damn teams in the NFL have a QB problem. Finding a franchise QB isn't easy, and we now have Tyrod. Yeah, EJ didn't pan out. But we got an extra draft pick for moving back.

Buddy should have drafted Russell Wilson, but didn't. That's been the biggest mistake in recent years.

The talent level on this team is so much better than it has been. Our FA signings have been pretty damn good. And out drafting has gotten better. Not perfect, but we have a lot of talent. Now we just need to win.

I get the beef about Wilson, but of all the QBs the Bills could have drafted over the years, would you have trusted guys like Jauron or Gailey or Marrone or Rex to have hired someone to coach them up? That is the sticking point with me.

Whaley didnt draft Gilmore or Hogan.

We have 0 2013 drafted players on our roster. We're gonna have maybe 1 or 2 from 2014.

Why does Chris Brown still have a job?
He's an obvious tool of the organization and his fanboy spin of literally every article is completely transparent.
There's no objectivity. He never breaks stories. His content isn't interesting.

I'll answer my own question. He still has a job because the Bills organization thinks we're dumb enough to believe the spin ...and they're so out of touch that they don't realize we write off every one of his articles and opinions.

Edited by Rigotz

DW has built a top heavy roster with major holes at WR, CB, RT and possibly LB. Whaley has sold out the last few years by putting the Bills to the cap and trading up in drafts only to get to .500. His cap management is atrocious. His drafts have been mediocre at best, has trouble getting along with coaches, and lacks leadership and communication skills. Compared to Marv Levy and Russ Brandon, DW looks pretty good, but that is setting the bar low. Whaley is a good scout especially on the defensive side of the ball, but is simply overmatched as a GM. Pegula should have made a change when Rex was fired.

Edited by b2henning

I think Whaley has added talent to the roster. The biggest question mark was moving up for Watkins and without him being healthy it is looking like a bad move eventhough I was good with it at the time. I think Rex ruined the defense which killed some wins.

We have 0 2013 drafted players on our roster. We're gonna have maybe 1 or 2 from 2014.

Right-- and no first rounder in 2015. Last year, Lawson was picked first, despite the fact his arm was falling off. QB situation? They signed Taylor, who was Ryan's guy. Other than that-- nothing in the draft other than ultra-raw C. Jones.

I think Whaley has been one of the better Bills GMs. He's made many good moves. But people needs scapegoats. The Bills would have made the playoffs last year if the D wasn't mishandled by Rex and Co.

Fair point, but Whaley fails to hit on draft picks most of the time and the bills are right up against the cap without having a franchise QB. The bills also have bad depth, and that is a result of missing on your mid to late rounds picks time after time. You are right in saying he has made good moves, but overall I think he is a below average GM