If you had to pick to WR with the 1st pick who is your guy?

Who's your pick  

157 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your WR

• John Ross
    • Mike Williams
    • Corey Davis

Agree but really desire some stoppers first... WANT defense. But the 10th best player in this draft should be a big contributor right away, no matter the position

Yeah, honestly would still be pretty excited to see either Foster or Allen (if he drops as some think) at 10 as well.

Its tough...I really want a WR like Davis, but also this draft is so deep in the top 20 I would not mind seeing a trade back and picking up more picks in this draft as well. In that case, maybe we grab a guy like John Ross instead.

Davis or Williams would be great picks at 10, I prefer Davis but would not be disappointed with Williams. I do really like John Ross, I just wouldn't pick him over Davis and there is no chance John Ross lasts until our 2nd pick iMO, so don't really see any path where we draft him.

If either S is on the board at 10, I think they likely end up being the pick and we will target a DB and WR most likely in rounds 2 and 3 in no particular order. If both Safeties are gone (and I think they will be), I think it will come down to one of the WR's of Williams/Davis, Lattimore, or Foster. I would be fine with any of those picks.

Darkhorse: I did not think OJ Howard would be in play at 10 with Clay here, but with us being linked to guys like Bennett, Cook, etc in FA it makes me wonder about whether or not they would strongly consider Howard at 10 if the 2 safeties are gone.

I am in the same mindset with this for the most part if they go with a non-QB (which I would) at 10. I like Howard as a darkhorse and while I dont think Soloman Thomas will be there at 10, if he is I think he's the pick, Hughes and Lawson are more natural RDE's, and I dont think either is comfortable playing at LDE.

Do you think Hughes could be trade bait?

I am in the same mindset with this for the most part if they go with a non-QB (which I would) at 10. I like Howard as a darkhorse and while I dont think Soloman Thomas will be there at 10, if he is I think he's the pick, Hughes and Lawson are more natural RDE's, and I dont think either is comfortable playing at LDE.

Do you think Hughes could be trade bait?

I agree with you on Soloman, I would have added him to the list but I just really don't see him lasting to 10, but if it did happen he would absolutely be a guy in consideration there. One guy I left off is Peppers...dont know he would really be in play at 10, but if we traded down to 15-20th to pick up more picks, then I think he would be a major target there along with John Ross.

Why Williams? Besides because of the name of course.

he's awesome. There are 3 OSU DBs expected to be drafted in the 1st round. He dominated them. No coverage scheme could stop him. He dominated at a high level of competition during his college career. I'm sure Davis is a great player too, but Williams is the more sure thing imo.

Edit: I would be happy with either, of course

Edited by YoloinOhio

he's awesome. There are 3 OSU DBs expected to be drafted in the 1st round. He dominated them. No coverage scheme could stop him. He dominated at a high level of competition during his college career. I'm sure Davis is a great player too, but Williams is the more sure thing imo.

Edit: I would be happy with either, of course

Yep. I would like to see an NFL corner have fun trying to stop him all game. He will beat the crap out of people.

I voted for Davis because he's the best WR in the class by some margin. Doesn't mean that I'm going to question the legitimacy of Ross' inclusion though.

Hell, I'd probably like him over Williams if his injury history wasn't so bad.

Ross is Lee Evans like. Those knee injuries also concern me. Would take over Williams if not. Davis is my choice. Davis reminds me of T.O

Im starting to think OJ Howard is going to seriously be in play at 10. Seen some rumblings online about it...Plus, Bills have been looking at TE's like Bennett and Cooks so they apparently want to add another TE weapon.

Howard is an exciting prospect. His production doesn't match his tangibles, so that always scares me and why I have been less enthusiastic about him than some. My motto has always been that if you have to explain why someone didn't produce more in college, then thats not a top 10 pick in the draft. That being said, some other posters here made some good points about how the TE position is in college and used less, so thats a valid reason for it. My counter point was that you can find TE value all over the draft though and none of the top TE's in the NFL have really come out of the first round other than Olsen and that was a while ago. So maybe its not worth using a high pick on him.

But I will admit, I have started to come around to the idea of OJ Howard after his combine...I was blown away. I just want a play maker on D or in the receiving game at 10, and OJ certainly seems to fit that description.

Edited by Alphadawg7

Somebody on here already said this but Corey Davis is a clone of Eric Moulds. If Moulds had a Andy Dalton type QB he would've been in the HOF. Moulds was an incredible WR and Davis is about as close as you can get to Moulds style of play.

Moulds is in my top 3 for all time favorite Bills players.

I know the guys that make these mock drafts are usually wrong, but I like to read the articles for entertainment value. They also give you a lot of insight on the players. That being said I am now seeing John Ross as the pick at 10 more often than not. Im against this pick myself. I've had enough of the little fast guy that in our case is usually injured.

John Ross 5'11 (Great speed and can catch)

Mike Williams 6'4 (not the fastest guy but can win jump balls)

Corey Davis 6'3 (Reminds me of a Moulds type of player)

Of course if Hooker or Adams were to fall I'd take them over these guys.

Great comparison to Moulds, that's the same comparison I've used to. Davis is an inch taller and probably 10 lbs. lighter than Moulds was coming out of Miss. St., but their games are similar.

At the height of his career, Moulds was a YAC beast and had a knack for coming down with those tough 50/50 balls in the redzone and endzone. He was also sneaky fast down the sideline on those deep bombs. I see the same exact thing in Corey Davis.

Davis has the same move Moulds did, where they catch the 10 yard comeback, juke their inside shoulder upfield to fake like they are turning inside only to explode toward the outside for another 15-20 yards. He also, much like Moulds, has the ability to catch the slant or the post and use the combination of his physicality, speed and agility to turn upfield and take it to the house. Mike Williams actually concerns me a lot as a prospect. He wins by being big, and having good hands. Similar to say, Alshon Jeffery. He's not quick, he's not fast, he's not agile and he's not a YAC guy. Those type of WR's have a much higher bust rate, IMO.

Check out Corey Davis's move I described above at the 0:55 - 1:11 mark & 1:28 - 1:53 (fake shoulder dip inside, spin outside on the comeback route). Also 3:47-4:00 (catching the post and turning it up for YAC)

Check out Eric Moulds move at the 2:57-3:10 mark (catching the slant and exploding up field)

Edited by Estro

Love Zay Jones but you might have to move up to the bottom of the 1st to get him.

Davis. I love mike williams, but also loved Treadwell last year and they have the same issue coming into the nfl. Can they get seperation?

That being said their are some WRS like

Smith-Schuster

Zay Jones

Westbrook1qq

Kup

Godwin that could be great values in the second and on.

Edited by Jamie Muellers Ghost

The question was if you had to take one in the 1st

Yes I know, just offering up a different idea. Check the poll and you will see I voted for Davis.

Love Zay Jones but you might have to move up to the bottom of the 1st to get him.

Mueller was the man, miss the old days of smash mouth

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

Zay Jones then M.Williams at WR...

If Watson isn't there at 10 then could take OJ Howard or Z.Jones. Either one would be a solid #2 playmaker in the passing game for this offense.

If they take Zay Jones at #10 I will quit this team forever. He looks like he might be a pretty nice player but he is not a top 10 pick. Trade down and get him? Sure.

Great comparison to Moulds, that's the same comparison I've used to. Davis is an inch taller and probably 10 lbs. lighter than Moulds was coming out of Miss. St., but their games are similar.

At the height of his career, Moulds was a YAC beast and had a knack for coming down with those tough 50/50 balls in the redzone and endzone. He was also sneaky fast down the sideline on those deep bombs. I see the same exact thing in Corey Davis.

Davis has the same move Moulds did, where they catch the 10 yard comeback, juke their inside shoulder upfield to fake like they are turning inside only to explode toward the outside for another 15-20 yards. He also, much like Moulds, has the ability to catch the slant or the post and use the combination of his physicality, speed and agility to turn upfield and take it to the house. Mike Williams actually concerns me a lot as a prospect. He wins by being big, and having good hands. Similar to say, Alshon Jeffery. He's not quick, he's not fast, he's not agile and he's not a YAC guy. Those type of WR's have a much higher bust rate, IMO.

Check out Corey Davis's move I described above at the 0:55 - 1:11 mark & 1:28 - 1:53 (fake shoulder dip inside, spin outside on the comeback route). Also 3:47-4:00 (catching the post and turning it up for YAC)

Check out Eric Moulds move at the 2:57-3:10 mark (catching the slant and exploding up field)

The video just shows the Moulds comparison is the right one