The Pegula's are bad owners.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They are good people but they seem pretty bad at running a football team.

First of all they keep Doug Whaley as GM (which a lot of people thought he should have been gone)

Ok fine... Then it's reported that Whaley wants a new QB, and Mcdermott wants to keep Taylor... AND ownership ends up siding with the coach over the GM?

How do you keep a GM and then not even listen to him?

This is just baffling... winning teams don't operate like this.

How are you so sure any of those reports are true?

Isn't it possible that the coach said I'd like to keep T2 and the GM said ok, let's see what we can do.

Personally, I don't think your ding yourself any good in believing rumors.

This is a bad thread.

First of all they keep Doug Whaley as GM (which a lot of people thought he should have been gone)

Ok fine... Then it's reported that Whaley wants a new QB, and Mcdermott wants to keep Taylor... AND ownership ends up siding with the coach over the GM?

This is a bad thread.

Very bad

:thumbdown::wallbash:

2 years in... run them out of town!!!

I mean Robert Kraft was 16-16 in his first 2 full years as the Patriots owner despite spending massive on a coach. Hell, by 2000 they were 59-53.... so when does the honeymoon period end...

Not advocating their departure, but the team isn't in a good position now this their 3rd full season owning the franchise.

They seem to take a long time learning the business.

This thread is going to be crazy, but I'll throw in my two cents:

When they kept Russ Brandon/Berchtold, I hated it, but understood why you would want to see how the operation runs and evaluate it.

When they hired Rex Ryan, I hated it and as the story of how it went down surfaced, I started to question their ownership.

When they promoted Russ Brandon to basically run PS&E and all their sports teams, they lost me.

I think they mean well and prefer that to a cheap owner, but I think they've made massive organizational mistakes, the likes of which only have served to extend our drought and constant dysfunctional tendencies. They do seem to be learning and adapting, which I admire. I also give them respect for cutting loose with Rex and eating that contract. It takes a man to admit when they're wrong, and though it set us back, I am grateful we're not wondering how Rex will find ways to lose next season.

:thumbsup:

The reporting has been comically inaccurate.

Taking just the things that fit your narrative as "truth" makes your motives pretty clear.

Iron Clad Innuendo.

*LOL* you are the Man Great Post! Hahahahaaa I'm going to nic name you wordsmith :thumbsup: