Bills tried to sign RT Ricky Wagner; headed to Lions

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel like we dodged a bullet here.

I think this will, in time, look like the Tyson Clabo situation from a few years ago.

Yeah........the thought process is still a problem though.

Could lead to them reaching over a good player on draft day or worse yet spending just a little less in FA for a much lesser player........like when the Bills wanted Eric Steinbach but couldn't get him so they paid 90 cents on his dollar for Derrick Dockery.

Could lead to them reaching over a good player on draft day or worse yet spending just a little less in FA for a much lesser player........like when the Bills wanted Eric Steinbach but couldn't get him so they paid 90 cents on his dollar for Derrick Dockery.

Or drafting Travares Tillman

what are your thoughts on a guy like Riley Reiff

About the same as Wagner...if he's coming here to play RT, he's going to cost too much money.

I know I'm being bullish about my approach, but I can't condone spending serious money in the FA market on a position that most teams manage to fill with mid-round picks.

Exactly...now I suppose it's possible that they wanted to see if they could leverage his previous experience with Dennison/Castillo into a more economical deal, in which case I wouldn't be too upset, but I'm not ready to give them the benefit of the doubt on that.

About the same as Wagner...if he's coming here to play RT, he's going to cost too much money.

I know I'm being bullish about my approach, but I can't condone spending serious money in the FA market on a position that most teams manage to fill with mid-round picks.

Don't you like those mid round picks for DB's and WR's this year?

Don't you like those mid round picks for DB's and WR's this year?

I like mid-round picks for anything every year.

I know it's a long thread, but I've already discussed my draft/FA philosophy here. In short: fill needs in FA as fiscally-efficiently as you can without assuming you'll be able to fill them in the draft, then draft the best players at key positions without worrying about filling needs.

@rapsheet

The #Lions and OT Ricky Wagner have agreed in principle on a contract, source said. It will eclipse $9M per year, setting a new market.

holy crap! If Buffalo was seriously considering that contract,or anywhere NEAR said contract,they better just get Mr.Bobby signed,and Scrape the leftovers for a RT

just hear the 9 mill number on sirius. i don't even know what to say to that. i think i just need to finally come to terms with the idea that value for every position just seems to make a leap every year.