Bills tried to sign RT Ricky Wagner; headed to Lions

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see why Cordy would care--the big issue with not moving to RT is wanting to be paid like a LT, and Cordy already is.

As for Kouandjio, I'm totally fine if he looks good and gets LT money in FA. That gives me a year to groom a mid-round pick to replace him, and also gives me a very likely 3rd round compensatory pick in 2019.

True...I'm approaching the entire situation as though they're keeping Tyrod.

Apparently they were interested in Glennon before the bidding got too high. He's a statute. If they want to keep the window open for a QB like that, they definitely need to invest in the RT spot.

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

Eric Wood is a free agent after this season, Incognito is next season. I don't mind spending on the olive knowing those contacts are coming to an end.

I don't see why Cordy would care--the big issue with not moving to RT is wanting to be paid like a LT, and Cordy already is.

As for Kouandjio, I'm totally fine if he looks good and gets LT money in FA. That gives me a year to groom a mid-round pick to replace him, and also gives me a very likely 3rd round compensatory pick in 2019.

True...I'm approaching the entire situation as though they're keeping Tyrod.

Maybe that is the difference, I see TT as a bridge while we can groom a rookie and a good OL and running game is the best way to bring a long rook. Is there anyone here that doesn't see us spending a high pick on a QB this year or next?

Maybe that is the difference, I see TT as a bridge while we can groom a rookie and a good OL and running game is the best way to bring a long rook. Is there anyone here that doesn't see us spending a high pick on a QB this year or next?

Nah, I'm also looking at it that way.

Looks like, according to Rotoworld, Wagner is looking at 8 mil per

I'm not nearly as opposed to it at $8M AAV as I was at over 10

Bulaga was all the rage in last years FA, how many times during the season did you say to yourself man if we only had Bulaga we would have won that game? Probably had a bunch more expletives directed at the defense and QB.

Let's not act like you can't upgrade from Mills without throwing 11+ million at the problem.

Edited by Commonsense

Assuming he is even there and that is a risk in itself, plus DW doesn't exactly have a good track record on mid to late OL picks

Sure, it's all assumption at this point...maybe I'm overconfident, but I like my chances of finding a Garcia/Roderick Johnson/Taylor Moton type that I can groom into a serviceable RT enough not to worry about it.

Then again, I'm not the GM--a fact about which you should all be angry...or grateful...or maybe a bit of both :lol:

Pass rushers now-a-days come from both sides, the pay disparity shrinking from LT to RT makes sense. If you are willing to pay top dollar for a LT, then it also makes sense for a RT.

Of course, that is if it fits your team construct and philosophy

Which of these would you prefer: Jordan Mills starting at RT, drafting an unproven rookie like Ryan Ramcyzk in the 1st, or going with an established veteran who has worked with Juan Castillo in the past and would be, at least, somewhat familiar with Dennison's offense?

Glenn at rt. Kourjaflajabimbo at Lt.

Remember the last guy we got from Troy? God! :D

I kinda like Garcia and his testing is really similar to Wagner's. Mockdraftable's top comp.

I didn't see the comparison on mockdraftable, but that's the guy he most reminds me of as well--so maybe I'm not completely nuts.

If Buffalo is to land Ricky Wagner, Buffalo is in the discussion of who has the best offensive line in the NFL. Wagner is in my opinion the best RT in the NFL.

Wood's return, Cog continues being Cog, Miller continued improvement and Glenn showing up healthy and in shape...all of this with Wagner? Sign me up for excited.

and depth with Groy and Kujo!!

If Buffalo is to land Ricky Wagner, Buffalo is in the discussion of who has the best offensive line in the NFL. Wagner is in my opinion the best RT in the NFL.

Wood's return, Cog continues being Cog, Miller continued improvement and Glenn showing up healthy and in shape...all of this with Wagner? Sign me up for excited.

and depth with Groy and Kujo!!

Raiders and Cowboys are 1a and 1b, IMO. Interestingly the Raiders acquired a good portion of their line through free agency.