Bills tried to sign RT Ricky Wagner; headed to Lions

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the only year we don't have as much money to play with as some of the other teams. Next year we are going to have $50,000,000+ to use. It's not as "dire" as many people make it out to be. Hell, with a few restructures we can have around $40,000,000 this year. :thumbsup:

Maybe I'm wrong but don't we have even less players under contract next year? Which again will eat up a bunch of cap, I thought I read this somewhere.

This makes sense. This is not a strong offensive line draft this year and the pickings are slim in the FA market. If we can shore up the right side of our line before the draft it will make our life a lot easier. It's going to be a heavy defensive draft imho.

My thoughts exactly. I'd much rather spend the money to sure up the offensive line. Gilmore would be nice to keep at the right price, which isn't a reality. In turn, spend the money on a RT. The draft is weak at the OT position, thats pretty well stated at this point in the draft process. So, you let the over priced DB walk and replace him in what might be a historically deep DB draft.

Maybe I'm wrong but don't we have even less players under contract next year? Which again will eat up a bunch of cap, I thought I read this somewhere.

Even less players plus a lot of the guys currently listed on the 2018 cap number will be gone......Aaron Williams, Marcus Easley, Incognito, Wood, Shady.........those cuts/savings actually add up and most of the other players that they will have that count in their cap will be making $1M-$1.5M range so their cap situation still looks much better next year.