Steve Christie Calling out Bills FO

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I would take all of them over Whaley. Nix, Levy and Donohoe may have all equally stunk - but at least they could put three words together without embarrassing the franchise.

Levy waxing poetically while the franchise burned under his general managerial ineptness wasn't embarrassing to the franchise at all, I suppose...

Again, why would a team be obligated to bring in every former player to act as a coach? Maybe they just didn't want his help? Maybe they didn't think he could help? Christie is just being a big baby. Non story.

Yeah Obviously a non story, I mean no media is spinning cycles on this non story and the Bills are not forced to address a non story.

OOOO wait nevermind.

Cause you know someone that Kicked in Buffalo for 9 years and dealt with the weather for 9 years would have NOTHING to offer Carp, only Crossman knows laughable

Christie played in a different "Era" literally.

The big video and scoreboards, corner clubs, the restrooms towers, flags, Global warming. All those likely changed the wind patters in the stadium since Christie was killing it.

Christie could have contacted Carp and worked on what ever he wanted whenever he felt like it, so stop with the crying. You just look silly. Christie post is knocking Carp for not being receptive to Christie. There is no proof that Whaley was lying to him.

Edited by cba fan

Christie is out of line here...

Whether his comments were aimed at Whaley or Carpenter, my thoughts exactly. Felt like piling on, either on a player who just got cut or on an embattled GM whom he has no ties to. Either way, he should have just wished Carp well then STFU, IMO.

Sarcasm but how many XP did he miss in comparison to 30 yd FGs

Great question. In his career he's 64/68 fg wise from 30-39

Meanwhile in the last 2 seasons he missed 11 xps

What the difference is to Dan between FG and XP I am not quite sure. It may be a mental thing because hes pretty good from that distance.

I don't know - maybe Christie was seeing Carpenter struggle, and just wanted to offer some tips on how to kick good at the Ralph (New Era).

Pass on some info on the swirling winds, direction, etc.

What if Jim Kelly approached Losman / Edwards / Fitz / Orton / Tyrod, to pass on some advice (if they were receptive to it), and the GM told Kelly to get lost. How would that fly? Need to show a little respect for the accomplished alumni who want to help get the franchise back on track.

Yeah Obviously a non story, I mean no media is spinning cycles on this non story and the Bills are not forced to address a non story.

OOOO wait nevermind.Cause you know someone that Kicked in Buffalo for 9 years and dealt with the weather for 9 years would have NOTHING to offer Carp, only Crossman knows laughable

Carpenter was in Buffalo for 4 season, and had 2 (arguably) very good seasons kicking FG's. All of a sudden he needs help learning how to kick in the Buffalo weather? Some times players just can't do their job anymore. Carp lost it, and no 50 year old former kicker was going to fix him, IMO.

Why should this reflect negatively on Whaley or anyone at OBD?

Probably never will know the real story.

What story? I don't want my GM making team decisions based on the opinions of former players. I don't want Jim Kelly deciding whether we should keep any specific QB.

The story is that the Bills planned to cut Carpenter, and Christie offered to assist. They said no thanks. The end.

Edited by What a Tuel

From Christie's FB page, 5 minutes ago.

First of all, I certainly didn't expect such a response to my Dan Carpenter post. I am humbled by all your support!! I wish Dan the very best and will continue to support our Bills. This was not intended to be an attack on the GM, or the coaching staff, but having been cut myself a few times, it's not easy. I truly felt that Dan had more than enough talent to turn things around before it came to this. I was not vying for a coaching position either- I'm just part of the kicking fraternity wanting to help a fellow man. Go Bills!!

:doh: No. No you don't.

When you don't, you look like my New York Knicks, who have done a terrible job honoring the players of the past, over the past few years. Bridging the past with the present is called "healthy"