Per Carucci, Bills now leaning toward cutting Taylor

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know it not much, but Tyrod gives me a bit of hope at least for first 10 to 12 weeks during the season. I just can't good thru 2017 and know the season is over before the first Pre season game. I live outside the Buffalo market, and the thing I always hear is people outside of Buffalo feel the Bills can win with Tyrod, but they need to be better in other areas. He a guy that can get you 10 wins.

I've learned the secret to sports journalism.

1) You make an early prediction.

2) You make a late prediction which is the opposite of your first prediction.

3) After the issue is resolved you say, "See, I was right?"

Quarterbacks are so hard to find and only the Bills would get rid of the quarterback of a team who easily could of gotten to 11 wins last year if our defense could tackle and had incompetent coaching. Most of the season he had Robert Woods as his #1 WR. So what, are we going to have a three way competition between Simeon (rumored), Jones, and insert overdrafted QB?

I know it not much, but Tyrod gives me a bit of hope at least for first 10 to 12 weeks during the season. I just can't good thru 2017 and know the season is over before the first Pre season game. I live outside the Buffalo market, and the thing I always hear is people outside of Buffalo feel the Bills can win with Tyrod, but they need to be better in other areas. He a guy that can get you 10 wins.

TT is one of those little margin for error QBs. Like most QBs in the league, unfortunately. 10 wins is a lot to ask when everything else has to be near perfect to get there.

To me this reeks of a contract negotiation. When teams and free agents to be get close to a deadline, they both tend to strong arm each other in the media, leaking it out like they are content to move on if no deal is reached. IMO, the Bills still 100% prefer to keep Taylor, but want to get his price down. Threatening to not pick up his option and release him could just be a strategy to get his side to budge. Realistically, Taylor will (and should) get at least 30 million gtd in free agency if he hits the market, so there's no reason for his side to do anything but wait out the Bills

Quarterbacks are so hard to find and only the Bills would get rid of the quarterback of a team who easily could of gotten to 11 wins last year if our defense could tackle and had incompetent coaching. Most of the season he had Robert Woods as his #1 WR. So what, are we going to have a three way competition between Simeon (rumored), Jones, and insert overdrafted QB?

Quarterbacks aren't hard to find. Great QBs are hard to find.

For some(it should be for everyone), the goal isn't to just win 10-11 games and sneak into the playoffs. It's to win championships. The question then becomes, can the Bills win a championship or championships with TT at QB?

For some(it should be for everyone), the goal isn't to just win 10-11 games and sneak into the playoffs. It's to win championships. The question then becomes, can the Bills win a championship or championships with TT at QB?

I never could quite understand the above.

The fact that the Bills are approaching two decades with no playoff appearances is a disgrace.

Of course we all want to win championships, but wouldn't you be even a little happy to make the playoffs?

The fact that the Bills are approaching two decades with no playoff appearances is a disgrace.

Of course we all want to win championships, but wouldn't you be even a little happy to make the playoffs?

This is the kind of mentality that will keep us from winning a championship. Let's work our way to the middle!

This is the kind of mentality that will keep us from winning a championship. Let's work our way to the middle!

Middle? We have been in the middle 8-8, 9-7.

I would LOVE me some 12-4s and some Playoffs! If THAT is settling, sign me up.

Would I be happy, of course, I never said otherwise.

I said the goal should be to win championships. For some, because of the drought, the goal seems to make the playoffs. We just need a QB that can help the team to the playoffs. I want a QB that LEADS the team to the playoffs.

Can a team do this while having a QB who is middle of the road? Of course they can. The problem with this becomes:

1. Limited window.

2. Need to have components around the QB (defense, ST, etc.)

The problem with TT is his contract as it currently stands. Can the Bills with a limited cap and the draft, retool the team, so the Bills can make the playoffs next year? I'm hesitant to say that's possible. There are just too many needs and the window is shrinking.

The Bills need an another influx of talent. The talent was there in 2014-15 and probably 16 for a QB to be middle of the road and the Bills to make the playoffs. Unfortunately the new owners made a coaching mistake.