official Buffalo Bills message board shut down

I'd have to guess this is it.

But this will have a major spillover effect on the rest of buffalobills.com

Why go there now? I used to go regularly, now I can't imagine going there except once in a great while to hear Murph.

I disagree. The mods there had their moments, but overall they did a great job.

The outright insult kings were gone very quickly. I loved that about that site.

Thurman you were the king of snarky shallow insults.

• Replies 978
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I respect everyone coming over from the BB official boards that got closed down. But in my opinion after you have been here a month you will find this is the best board of any NFL team. I've been on most of them. This board will make you laugh and cry and fill you with pride. Now that we have combined forces it's almost like we have super powers. So I say welcome aboard

Two Bills Drive. The best place to be if your a Bills Fan.

I respect everyone coming over from the BB official boards that got closed down. But in my opinion after you have been here a month you will find this is the best board of any NFL team. I've been on most of them. This board will make you laugh and cry and fill you with pride. Now that we have combined forces it's almost like we have super powers. So I say welcome aboard

Two Bills Drive. The best place to be if your a Bills Fan.

I had been on the other boards since 2003, and mainly went there out of habit and familiar "faces". It is also nice to see some familiar people who left before the shut down. I seem to like this one better already, I just hope the people who were ruining the BBMB don't ruin this place too

I've done a lot of reading on this site over the past year but never registered.

I was a BBMB member since 2006 but didn't post a lot simply because most of the people on there were know-it-all-jackasses. Seemed like over the past four months it was the same few posts being started daily by what seemed like the same 20 people.

I personally had a few conversations with the mods over there about the problems and over the last few weeks there was actually one 1 mod who was trying to get things corrected but was met with resistance from the other mods.

Either way it's for the best. There has been much better topics of conversation here.

I thought my phone was messing up all day when it kept forwarding me to the Facebook page. Im glad I found this place now.

Same here. I was glad to find Bills_Chick's thread here confirming it. I knew I had found a new home.

Glad my phone isn't messed up though....

The mods were horrible over there. Glad it shut down. The only had like 30 to 40 active posters. They banned you for everything. These boards look a lot better.

So true. Those mods were an absolute joke.

It will also be refreshing to have a GDT that won't be shut down during the game every week.

Edited by suorangefan4

Yeah I made it over on a floating piece of deck plank. The water seems nice over here...

...seems... :pirate:

Good to see you Shotgunner. It's a pretty nice place I think. The most balanced and decent for the most part. A few of the long-time folks who haunt the shoutbox are rude, especially if one uses too many big words or is conservative.

Edited by Dr. Who

For those criticizing the mods on the now nonexistent board, I disagree and thought they did a great job. Threads unrelated to the Bills were promptly moved to "around the NFL". Any posts related to politics were deleted and you were warned within a couple of hours. Spam was nonexistent. Inappropriate posts were quickly taken down. They also did a great job of merging threads of similar content. My two favorite posters over the years were "The Slammer" and the short run of the hilarious "Jay Fiedler."

I disagree...one of the worst things about that board was there'd be 5-6 threads on the same topic every damn time something new happened...also, I've never seen a board so incapable of spelling correctly. I mean, I get it...it's a fast response board, so who cares? But at least get the title right! Every other title of a thread had a stupid typo in it.

tell us your thoughts on EJ, for old times' sake.

Why, GuyfromHighSchool, why?

alright i made my way over here from BBMB.

the name 'Andrew' was already taken so i settled for this.

it was between this and the buffalo range. seeing jm2009 post over at the other place made this an easy decision.

Ahh, he's here, too. Buffalo range is a weird vibe place, but there are some decent folk there.

Edited by Dr. Who

I disagree...one of the worst things about that board was there'd be 5-6 threads on the same topic every damn time something new happened...also, I've never seen a board so incapable of spelling correctly. I mean, I get it...it's a fast response board, so who cares? But at least get the title right! Every other title of a thread had a stupid typo in it.

I think a lot of that isn't so much a grammar issue as it's a hand held device issue most are using now here in the 21st century...?

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

Those were excellent. Maybe some of the regular members here do the same type of write-up? And/or possibly Shaw will sign up here and continue them?

before idiots ran the off we had 3 or 4 experts in the team, notably Lori. She is often published by different outlets in Bills coverage for her knowledge of the team and history of it.

Bill in NYC had amazing recaps of the game. Astro attends almost every training camp, as do others, with meticulous notes of bipartisan thought, others have other game day decisions.

There are also x's and o's posters who know the game more than most and can generally make sites like ESPN analysis look amateur. About the level of show meril hoge and Ron jawaorski take it to.