My sources- Lesean McCoy will no longer be a Buffalo Bill

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This wouldn't surprise me for few reasons...

1) Dennison's most successful backs are more like Gillislee -- quick hitting slashers. Bills have Gillislee and Jonathan Williams who fit the mold better. Now you give Gillislee a 2nd round tender.

2) Designating this as the old post June 1st cut saves over $6 million not $1 million - now you can cut in March but designate the cut as post June 1st - part of the CBA

http://www.thephinsider.com/2015/2/18/8057333/nfl-free-agency-201-post-june-cuts-explanation

3) The draft can yield gems at this position who can contribute right away in later rounds-- like Freeman from TX who fits the style better

4) McDermott has a unique opportunity to blow things up and start over -- he is powerful with the Pegulas. If he and the staff feel that starting over in some areas will help--they will let him. He may be making a conscious choice not to shoot for the short term playoffs but to build a Super Bowl contender.

5) This tells me bye-bye Tyrod as well.

To your points 1 and 3 - I have been saying this even when it comes to TT. That the structure of our O will be refelective of what Dennison and McD want to do going forward. i like McCoy but can understand him being let go/ traded if the O is going to be the type you describe. I would love for us to get a pick for McCoy and his value should be fairly high right now (for a RB that is). Only thing I worry about is that the Bills will spend a high draft pick to fill the gap. While Gillislee may be good, I dont think he can be the feature back. And not sure yet about JW as we havent seen much of him.

I like the fact that McD is quiet about all this. The next month will tell us a lot about the future direction of the O.

I do not have Instagram, but that further confirms my source. Apparently, McCoy wasn't thrilled with the Rex firing. He felt it was too quick. Front office disconnect, especially with Whaley, reached a peak over the last few weeks. Stay tuned.

It would be a dickmove by Shady to give Whaley any sh*t after he voluntarily donated $26.5M in guarantees to his retirement fund...........but could be a sound financial play by McCoy if true.

This was a problem with unnecessarily extending and guaranteeing 2/3 of his contract.

He got the Bills to let him double dip when he'd already been paid up front by the Eagles and was under contract thru the 2017 season.........and now he can go out and get a new 2 year deal? with some more guarantees.

If he gets cut he will have cost the Bills over $15M per season.

Revis'd by a RB?

I guess we will see but the minute that extension was given it was almost a certainty that this would not end well..........the reason you trade for vet players under contract like that is to get their fully unguaranteed contract.

It's control.

The Bills have no real leverage on Shady....if he'd have had another dud year like 2015 they would have cut him and he'd pocket 2/3 of the extension........if he had a strong year he could BENEFIT from his release.

To your points 1 and 3 - I have been saying this even when it comes to TT. That the structure of our O will be refelective of what Dennison and McD want to do going forward. i like McCoy but can understand him being let go/ traded if the O is going to be the type you describe. I would love for us to get a pick for McCoy and his value should be fairly high right now (for a RB that is). Only thing I worry about is that the Bills will spend a high draft pick to fill the gap. While Gillislee may be good, I dont think he can be the feature back. And not sure yet about JW as we havent seen much of him.

I like the fact that McD is quiet about all this. The next month will tell us a lot about the future direction of the O.

All good points. A trade would be tough because it accelerates the cap hit..its just like cutting him with no post June 1st designation. The post June 1st cut saves $5 million in cap room. It is essentially a trade of Shady for however the Bills can use the $5 million in cap room. The cap room is more valuable than what the Bills would get in return for any trade.

All good points. A trade would be tough because it accelerates the cap hit..its just like cutting him with no post June 1st designation. The post June 1st cut saves $5 million in cap room. It is essentially a trade of Shady for however the Bills can use the $5 million in cap room. The cap room is more valuable than what the Bills would get in return for any trade.

Again, bravo to his agent.

This would be insane. I don't buy it, at all

This wouldn't surprise me for few reasons...

1) Dennison's most successful backs are more like Gillislee -- quick hitting slashers. Bills have Gillislee and Jonathan Williams who fit the mold better. Now you give Gillislee a 2nd round tender.

2) Designating this as the old post June 1st cut saves over $6 million not $1 million - now you can cut in March but designate the cut as post June 1st - part of the CBA

http://www.thephinsider.com/2015/2/18/8057333/nfl-free-agency-201-post-june-cuts-explanation

3) The draft can yield gems at this position who can contribute right away in later rounds-- like Freeman from TX who fits the style better

4) McDermott has a unique opportunity to blow things up and start over -- he is powerful with the Pegulas. If he and the staff feel that starting over in some areas will help--they will let him. He may be making a conscious choice not to shoot for the short term playoffs but to build a Super Bowl contender.

5) If Shady is cut, this tells me bye-bye Tyrod as well.

If we have an OC that would prefer Gillisee over Shady... we have big, big problems.

I do not have Instagram, but that further confirms my source. Apparently, McCoy wasn't thrilled with the Rex firing. He felt it was too quick. Front office disconnect, especially with Whaley, reached a peak over the last few weeks. Stay tuned.

Friggin' Lil Doug. :doh:

This thread proves once again that if you throw some wacky, crazy-a$$ stojan out there, you'll still manage to attract some folks who will actually wind up defending/supporting it!

Yeah, but then again how many times have you expressed sentiments like this and got egg on YOUR face? :flirt:

It makes sense, it's not the first time mentioned and is as real a possibility.

Personally, I am not really in favor of it at this point because he's worth his $6M base salary and they have enormous amounts of cap room in 2018 and 2019 and very few in-house players to spend it on....so they could find plenty of other ways to push money into the future and make cap space without mortgaging the future cap.

But it makes sense because the Kubiak system can "make" RB's productive.......see Justin Forsett in that one season in Baltimore.........and it makes sense for Shady if he wants to go back to Philly.........or a lot of places because he can get more guaranteed money on the open market.....especially if cut EARLY. It would behoove him to push the envelope so the story from JMC makes sense from that standpoint.

yes, but then there is a 5 mil cap hit next year. june 1st spreads it over 2 seasons