The Media's Portrayal of Trump and His Presidency

Nanker

4 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

The Fake News Awards are supposedly going to kick off at 5pm EST today. :lol: 

That's actually an exceptionally good idea for an annual awards show.  I'll bet ratings would be quite good.  On what network should it air?  You'd want one with a lot of viewership but you really have to rule out ABC, CBS, NBC, MSNBC, CNN and Foxnews.  NatGeo?  The Discovery Channel?  Spike? 

Just now, Tiberius said:

So the Fake news awards were just fake news? 

You figure that out all by yourself, or you have a team of research assistants working around the clock puzzling that out for you?

Bugs Bunny isn't a real rabbit, either.

On 1/16/2018 at 9:59 AM, row_33 said:

another list of white-man entitled rich-country whining to put up Tasker/

Obama goes into history as a decent man and good President, not even an argument is possible outside of craziness....  I expect better of you.

Notfernuthin', but since you insist on judging people by the color of their skin, guess the color of the skin of the people MOST decimated by Obama's 8-year presidency.

Here's a hint: not even the white man-entitled rich-country pricks you detest did more in recent history to wreck the job opportunities of black America than America's first black president did in eight simple years of incompetence.

But hey...you keep judging people by the color of their skin. I'll judge them by their character.

The American media in general is a joke. Doesn't matter if you're listening to the left or right, both sides are so off base it's a joke.

The left spends all their talking about Russia, or Trump's health, or any various topic that the average person couldn't care less about.

The right spends every minute talking about Hilary Clinton. Considering that she has no chance of running again, it seems like a complete waste of time.

Overall all the current system does is divide the country. 

The issue is that "media" since the rise of the internet about 20 years ago has become desperate to make money. Instead of reporting the news and conducting investigative journalism like might have been the case in the past, reporters are tasked with generating click bait and manufacturing stories that their readers want to consume on a consistent basis. Both sides need to manipulate the news to keep their audience engaged, and both sides have lost most of their credibility over the past couple years. 

On the left, their viewers/readers want to hear about how shocking and ridiculous that someone like Donald Trump could be President. They can literally sell this every day and their audience will tune in. This is literally all CNN and MSNBC talk about. 

On the right, their audience wants to hear about Hillary Clinton and the #fakenews media.They can literally sell this every single day and their audience tunes in. Sean Hannity and guys like him literally talk about Hillary for hours every day.

Overall, as I said before, the whole thing is a joke. The whole system is completely broken and it's not getting fixed anytime soon. 

The US needs real leadership that's interested in leading the whole country, and not just a small faction on voters who they call their base. Who knows when that person is going to come along. 

3 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

The American media in general is a joke. Doesn't matter if you're listening to the left or right, both sides are so off base it's a joke.

The left spends all their talking about Russia, or Trump's health, or any various topic that the average person couldn't care less about.

The right spends every minute talking about Hilary Clinton. Considering that she has no chance of running again, it seems like a complete waste of time.

Overall all the current system does is divide the country. 

The issue is that "media" since the rise of the internet about 20 years ago has become desperate to make money. Instead of reporting the news and conducting investigative journalism like might have been the case in the past, reporters are tasked with generating click bait and manufacturing stories that their readers want to consume on a consistent basis. Both sides need to manipulate the news to keep their audience engaged, and both sides have lost most of their credibility over the past couple years. 

On the left, their viewers/readers want to hear about how shocking and ridiculous that someone like Donald Trump could be President. They can literally sell this every day and their audience will tune in. This is literally all CNN and MSNBC talk about. 

On the right, their audience wants to hear about Hillary Clinton and the #fakenews media.They can literally sell this every single day and their audience tunes in. Sean Hannity and guys like him literally talk about Hillary for hours every day.

Overall, as I said before, the whole thing is a joke. The whole system is completely broken and it's not getting fixed anytime soon. 

The US needs real leadership that's interested in leading the whole country, and not just a small faction on voters who they call their base. Who knows when that person is going to come along. 

Democrats and Republicans hate each other to their dying breaths. None of them can agree on what color the sky is, yet they are the ones with the keys to run the country.

My experience............

Republicans suck and Democrats are worse. Republicans are a little less anti-American than Democrats. I'll give them that.

This country is just too divided, let by a dishonest MSM.

11 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Democrats and Republicans hate each other to their dying breaths. None of them can agree on what color the sky is, yet they are the ones with the keys to run the country.

My experience............

Republicans suck and Democrats are worse. Republicans are a little less anti-American than Democrats. I'll give them that.

This country is just too divided, let by a dishonest MSM.

I agree. Both parties are terrible. The two party system is a joke. 

Thinking that 2 parties could adequately represent 330 million people at the Federal level and satisfy the public is beyond laughable. 

39 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

:lol: This didn't go the way CNN thought it would. The look of shock on the interviewer's face is priceless. 

So the narrative isn't taking hold so much in flyover country, eh?  :lol:

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Azalin said:

So the narrative isn't taking hold so much in flyover country, eh?  :lol:

Maybe people in flyover country would be more receptive to the MSM if they spent more time listening to what people in flyover country have to say instead of telling them what they're supposed to think

• Like (+1) 1