The Media's Portrayal of Trump and His Presidency

Nanker

TRUMP TRAUMA: ex-Washington Post and current Fox media critic Howie Kurtz comes right out and says it:

“These are not easy words for me to write. I am a lifelong journalist with ink in my veins. And for all my criticism of the media’s errors and excesses, I have always believed in the mission of aggressive reporting and holding politicians accountable […] But the past two years have radicalized me. I am increasingly troubled by how many of my colleagues have decided to abandon any semblance of fairness out of a conviction that they must save the country from Trump.”

“This is not just a feud or a fight or a battle. It is scorched-earth warfare in which only one side can achieve victory. To a stunning degree, the press is falling into the president’s trap.

The country’s top news organizations have targeted Trump with an unprecedented barrage of negative stories, with some no longer making much attempt to hide their contempt. Some stories are legitimate, some are not, and others are generated by the president’s own falsehoods and exaggerations. But the mainstream media, subconsciously at first, has lurched into the opposition camp and is appealing to an anti-Trump base of viewers and readers, failing to grasp how deeply it is distrusted by a wide swath of the country.”

12 hours ago, B-Man said:

TRUMP TRAUMA: ex-Washington Post and current Fox media critic Howie Kurtz comes right out and says it:

“These are not easy words for me to write. I am a lifelong journalist with ink in my veins. And for all my criticism of the media’s errors and excesses, I have always believed in the mission of aggressive reporting and holding politicians accountable […] But the past two years have radicalized me. I am increasingly troubled by how many of my colleagues have decided to abandon any semblance of fairness out of a conviction that they must save the country from Trump.”

“This is not just a feud or a fight or a battle. It is scorched-earth warfare in which only one side can achieve victory. To a stunning degree, the press is falling into the president’s trap.

The country’s top news organizations have targeted Trump with an unprecedented barrage of negative stories, with some no longer making much attempt to hide their contempt. Some stories are legitimate, some are not, and others are generated by the president’s own falsehoods and exaggerations. But the mainstream media, subconsciously at first, has lurched into the opposition camp and is appealing to an anti-Trump base of viewers and readers, failing to grasp how deeply it is distrusted by a wide swath of the country.”

Looks like he had the same epiphany that Dennis Miller, Bernard Goldberg & Ken Stern had.

2 hours ago, KevinRome said:

021FAF2A-031B-4354-992D-0243911CB857.jpeg

Surely we should apply the same standard that many here did for Comey, Flynn and others............

"They wouldn't need a lawyer unless they did something wrong"........................:lol:

3 hours ago, B-Man said:

Surely we should apply the same standard that many here did for Comey, Flynn and others............

"They wouldn't need a lawyer unless they did something wrong"........................:lol:

In fairness, Ed Meese loved to say that until he needed to lawyer up.

Media seems to be more in line with what Americans think and feel than the right wing propaganda machines and Russian bots. 

Quinnipiac’s Thursday data 

President Trump does not provide the U.S. with moral leadership, American voters say [by a margin of] 63 – 33 percent. . . . Only 27 percent of American voters say they are proud to have Donald Trump as president, while 53 percent say they are embarrassed – a 2-1 negative.

American voters disapprove 58 – 36 percent of the job Trump is doing, marking 12 months of negative scores and seven months since his approval rating hit 40 percent.

So I grew up knowing one of the curators now at the Guggenheim and I think it's funny there is this reaction with a golden toilet. 

She wasn't super liberal she was middle of the road, and she's not the bulldog looking thing that decided the toilet would be the idea for Trump, my old friend - she actually is quite an impressive woman

So when I see this kind of reporting this morning I'm laughing wondering if I should reach out to her and laugh at her

2 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Media seems to be more in line with what Americans think and feel than the right wing propaganda machines and Russian bots. 

Quinnipiac’s Thursday data 

From your link:

"When Americans polled were asked what they thought of Trump as it pertained to their 401k's and the average 42% gain in the last year 1 in 5 said that it was due to Obama's 8 consecutive summers of recovery, while everyone else asked what a 401k was."