The Media's Portrayal of Trump and His Presidency

Nanker

Federal investigators wheeling away servers from Newsweek yesterday. 

Wonder what they're going to find on those servers? Why would the feds be interested in servers? 

DT4MDM9W0AAlWyb.jpg

This is going to be ugly.

Just now, Cugalabanza said:

That **** is nothing.  I once found a Conway Twitty cassette tape in my mom's car.

:beer: This is why you're one of my all time favorite posters. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

The reason he uses Twitter is because he can't count on the media to cover him, or what he says and does objectively, so he uses the medium to directly communicate with the people; and to manipulate his political enemies.

He's done so absolutely brilliantly.

People seem to forget the coordinated effort by most of the media to get out the message of their chosen ideology, which is almost exclusively left-leaning.

Barry's message thrived from massive collaboration via the Journo-list, in part because they did his work for him while allowing him to stand around acting as ignorant as Vinny Barbarino.

I'm no fan of Trump. He's boorish and generally embarrassing. But damn if he doesn't make the left piss their pants in embarrassing fashion every single day. People argue  things would be better if he just stopped tweeting, but they fail to realize his tweeting is, essentially, the laser pointer to the media's cat. He points, they scurry over here. He points, they scurry over there. They're flying over furniture and throwing their bodies against the walls in hopes of catching that pesky red dot.

Best meltdown ever. Best entertainment ever.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

The reason he uses Twitter is because he can't count on the media to cover him, or what he says and does objectively, so he uses the medium to directly communicate with the people; and to manipulate his political enemies.

He's done so absolutely brilliantly.

is that the best you have?   he can't count on the media?  You know you are bad when Fox news "turns" on you. 

The party has done ok in spite of the clown.   

Here´s How The NYT´s Latest Russian
Collusion Theory Was Ripped Apart

by Matt Vespa

Original Article

The Russian collusion clown show has been a sight to behold, especially with The New York Times’ story that the DOJ probe into possible coordination between the Trump campaign and the Russians actually began when George Papadopoulos blabbered about the Russians having dirt on Hillary Clinton while boozing with the Australian ambassador to the United Kingdom. For the longest time, there’s been much speculation that Carter Page; a foreign adviser to the Trump campaign, and his travels to Russia is what launched the counterintelligence investigation at the FBI in July of 2016.

2018-01-19.jpg

Edited by B-Man
  • Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Federal investigators wheeling away servers from Newsweek yesterday. 

Wonder what they're going to find on those servers? Why would the feds be interested in servers? 

DT4MDM9W0AAlWyb.jpg

You might want to read the caption. Those weren't feds.

Edited by Koko78

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

The caption is wrong (I believe). NYPD and the DA's office denied they were a part of the raid yesterday. They said it was a federal investigation when asked. 

Well it was a Newsweek photo. I don't think they've published anything accurate in the past decade.

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Koko78 said:

Well it was a Newsweek photo. I don't think they've published anything accurate in the past decade.

:beer: Well done. 

Even if it was State/locals there are only a few reasons why they'd want the servers. Enough to make it tough to predict exactly, but not enough to have to wildly speculate. 

34 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

is that the best you have?   he can't count on the media?  You know you are bad when Fox news "turns" on you. 

The party has done ok in spite of the clown.   

Yes, the "best I have" is the truth.  He can't count on the media to report objectively, so he doesn't rely on them to.  That's just smart.

He does what he does to circumvent the media's spin of his policy agenda, and speak directly to the people (as FRD did with his Fire Side Chats), and to manipulate the media into doing what is politically advantageous to him.  I get it, you don't like him, or his policy agenda, and that's fine, but make no mistake, he is artfully mastering the new media in a way all future administrations will copy for as long as the new media exists, or until someone does it better.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

:beer: Well done. 

Even if it was State/locals there are only a few reasons why they'd want the servers. Enough to make it tough to predict exactly, but not enough to have to wildly speculate. 

To be fair, it could involve another type of corruption. Although it's not a government entity, there could be an investigation of bribery and kickbacks regarding the sale of the servers and IT contracts surrounding same. I know of one other case of this happening right now albeit it is in NJ and does involve a government entity. The FBI is all over that one. It's totally unrelated to any government issues except the investigation of kickbacks and bribes. i.e., it's strictly a money thing - not political.

Though I do savor the though of the Newsweek brass shitting themselves tonight. Gonna be a lot of alcohol consumed over the weekend. That, and a lot of lawyers giving advice. 

Edited by Nanker
  • Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Nanker said:

To be fair, it could involve another type of corruption. Although it's not a government entity, there could be an investigation of bribery and kickbacks regarding the sale of the servers and IT contracts surrounding same. I know of one other case of this happening right now albeit it is in NJ and does involve a government entity. The FBI is all over that one. It's totally unrelated to any government issues except the investigation of kickbacks and bribes. i.e., it's strictly a money thing - not political.

Though I do savor the though of the Newsweek brass shitting themselves tonight. Gonna be a lot of alcohol consumed over the weekend. That, and a lot of lawyers giving advice. 

All very true. 

I've heard rumors (and just rumors to be clear) that its related to the stuff Podesta is into. But you're right, it could be a lot of things. 

6 hours ago, B-Man said:
Here´s How The NYT´s Latest Russian
Collusion Theory Was Ripped Apart

by Matt Vespa

Original Article

The Russian collusion clown show has been a sight to behold, especially with The New York Times’ story that the DOJ probe into possible coordination between the Trump campaign and the Russians actually began when George Papadopoulos blabbered about the Russians having dirt on Hillary Clinton while boozing with the Australian ambassador to the United Kingdom. For the longest time, there’s been much speculation that Carter Page; a foreign adviser to the Trump campaign, and his travels to Russia is what launched the counterintelligence investigation at the FBI in July of 2016.

2018-01-19.jpg

What a bunch of cackling leftist morons they have at CNN. All they do is bash Trump every minute of every day. 

It's good comedy though seeing a queer like Lemon and bigger queer like George Costanza look alike Humpty Dumpty Stelter go after Trump while bones fly out of their closets.

CBS - Republicans are seizing on the missing texts b/c the 2 agents frequently discussed the Clinton investigation & their dislike of Trump."

(1) "Republicans pounce/seize" should not be the story here.

(2) Nobody can pretend that evidence retention in what has been a significant investigation is an unreasonable expectation.

(3) It's Lois Lerner's deleted emails all over again.

When misplaced evidence seems to make Dems look bad, it's somehow unreasonable to assume that there may be something missing that would make them look worse.

But when Trump's Dr. talks about his health specifics for an hour, there MUST be something fishy going on...............:thumbsup: