The Media's Portrayal of Trump and His Presidency

Nanker

15 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Will the treasonous left finally go down or does the rule of law still not apply to the Clinton's?

We'll find out over the next few months. But all the pieces have been aligned to bring serious charges against a host of formerly "untouchables" in the political class which is a great thing for this country regardless of your political affiliation or ideology. 

Remember, while everyone in the MSM has been complaining about 45's do-nothing first year, there was one area where he was historically prolific: appointing federal judges. This was done with earnest for a reason, I believe. They're preparing to roll out indictments after a year long investigation by the IG - which will trigger a new SC for some investigations but not all. I've heard it said (from unconfirmed sources so take it for what it's worth) that 45 is going to give 44 a pass because of the damage it would do to the office of POTUS to have a former one indicted, but his staff and HRC herself appear to be in play based on all the evidence rolling out. 

It's shaping up to look like next week is going to be a terrible week for many in the DNC and the MSM. That doesn't mean that we're going to see mass arrests next week, just that the information disclosed by the IG is going to start to leak from Congress and it's going to be epic. The taste we've seen so far already has been. 

I'm hesitant to pinpoint any specific timeline because there are too many moving parts and variables. The reality is you can't dismantle corruption of this scale overnight, it's going to take time: 

*Step one was to investigate and collect evidence - that's wrapping up now and took over a year.

*Step two will be the roll out of the evidence followed by indictments - that's the stage we are moving into (expect it to last another 6-12 months... coincidentally timed with the midterms). 

I'll also point out that there is going to be a lot of spin in the next few weeks. It's irrelevant. The information and evidence is being released now because it doesn't matter if it gets out. They can't stop it now. It's going to look like Congress and the DOJ aren't in line - but they are. Congress has been Horowitz's number one ally in his fight to change the regs so he could do his investigation. 

Remember: 80% private, 20% public. 

Edited by Deranged Rhino

14 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

We'll find out over the next few months. But all the pieces have been aligned to bring serious charges against a host of formerly "untouchables" in the political class which is a great thing for this country regardless of your political affiliation or ideology. 

Remember, while everyone in the MSM has been complaining about 45's do-nothing first year, there was one area where he was historically prolific: appointing federal judges. This was done with earnest for a reason, I believe. They're preparing to roll out indictments after a year long investigation by the IG - which will trigger a new SC for some investigations but not all. I've heard it said (from unconfirmed sources so take it for what it's worth) that 45 is going to give 44 a pass because of the damage it would do to the office of POTUS to have a former one indicted, but his staff and HRC herself appear to be in play based on all the evidence rolling out. 

It's shaping up to look like next week is going to be a terrible week for many in the DNC and the MSM. That doesn't mean that we're going to see mass arrests next week, just that the information disclosed by the IG is going to start to leak from Congress and it's going to be epic. The taste we've seen so far already has been. 

I'm hesitant to pinpoint any specific timeline because there are too many moving parts and variables. The reality is you can't dismantle corruption of this scale overnight, it's going to take time: 

*Step one was to investigate and collect evidence - that's wrapping up now and took over a year.

*Step two will be the roll out of the evidence followed by indictments - that's the stage we are moving into (expect it to last another 6-12 months... coincidentally timed with the midterms). 

I'll also point out that there is going to be a lot of spin in the next few weeks. It's irrelevant. The information and evidence is being released now because it doesn't matter if it gets out. They can't stop it now. It's going to look like Congress and the DOJ aren't in line - but they are. Congress has been Horowitz's number one ally in his fight to change the regs so he could do his investigation. 

Remember: 80% private, 20% public. 

I would love to see MSM eat major crow on their biased reporting against Trump.

For over a year, it's been Russia, Russia, Russia with no evidence whatsoever, while IGNORING what could be real news going on pertaining to the left.

It will be an interesting ride though.

• Like (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

... This is like throwing out red meat but:

I've lost all respect for her with that tweet.  How do you not take that opportunity to tweet "I've seen sheep that could outwit you!  I've worn dresses with higher IQs!"

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

... This is like throwing out red meat but:

People are always telling Trump to take the Twitter high road, but you get these Hollywood idiots who Tweet unhinged stupid crap like this.

I would totally take the high road, but it's difficult to get on 45 if he responds to the continuous nutbag douchery against him by these braindead Hollywood elitists who are dumb as rocks. The only thing they know how to do is protect rapists.

In my mind, the most ridiculous thing about the outrage over the Haiti thing is where it's being directed.

Think about this for a moment:  You're in a closed door meeting at work, working with a project team you do this all the time with the same group of people.  While you're working, you don't act like corporate robots.  You're a person.  You carry a tone of familiarity with the people in the room.  People are blunt and direct in their language.  It's a familiar environment.  (This is commonplace.  The world is not highly sanitized.)

Donald Trump did not call a press conference for the purpose of calling Haiti a shithole.  He did not tweet it out.

He said it in a closed door meeting, the attendees of which immediately ran out and tried to use politically in order to sabotage him.

That act is infuriating, but more infuriating are the !@#$s who think calling Haiti a shithole, which it unmistakably is, in a closed door meeting is the thing here to be upset about.

• Like (+1) 3

3 hours ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

In my mind, the most ridiculous thing about the outrage over the Haiti thing is where it's being directed.

Think about this for a moment:  You're in a closed door meeting at work, working with a project team you do this all the time with the same group of people.  While you're working, you don't act like corporate robots.  You're a person.  You carry a tone of familiarity with the people in the room.  People are blunt and direct in their language.  It's a familiar environment.  (This is commonplace.  The world is not highly sanitized.)

Donald Trump did not call a press conference for the purpose of calling Haiti a shithole.  He did not tweet it out.

He said it in a closed door meeting, the attendees of which immediately ran out and tried to use politically in order to sabotage him.

That act is infuriating, but more infuriating are the !@#$s who think calling Haiti a shithole, which it unmistakably is, in a closed door meeting is the thing here to be upset about.

I agree one hundred percent. I was going to say something similar but you've worded it much better than I could.

:beer:

Not that I care if he said it or not, but I doubt he actually used that exact term. I think he said something along those lines, and the "sources" probably characterized what he said as basically calling them shithole countries (which they are, and everyone knows it).

Media Generated Hysteria (MGH)

3 hours ago, OJABBA said:

Not that I care if he said it or not, but I doubt he actually used that exact term. I think he said something along those lines, and the "sources" probably characterized whabasicallyd as basically calling them shithole countries (which they are, and everyone knows it).

Media Generated Hysteria (MGH)

According to Senator David Perdue (who wasin the meeting), Senator Dick Durbin is the leaker & President Trump didn't say what Durbin claims he did.  Senator Lindsay Graham saying that the President "basically" said  what Durbin claims makes your assumption extremely plausible.

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Agreed.

ANDREW KLAVAN: “Nothing scandalizes a leftist like the truth.” 

Plus: “So, when it comes to the Great Shithole Controversy of 2018, my feeling is: I do not care, not even a little. I’m sorry that it takes someone like Trump to break the spell of silence the Left is forever weaving around us. I wish a man like Ronald Reagan would come along and accomplish the same thing with more wit and grace. But that was another culture.”

I’m amused when people who’ve spent 50 years declaring the very concept of decency repressive and outdated suddenly start with the “have you no decency?” shtick. When Joseph Welch used that phrase, it was pretty much Peak Decency, or as we’re now told, a horrible regressive time of racism, homophobia, transphobia and xenophobia.

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Let's not forget the reason Haiti is a shithole is largely due to 200 years of US interference in Haitian affairs, including several invasions.

Creating that shithole in the first place?  Totally fine, just as long as we ignore that fact.

• Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, DC Tom said:

Let's not forget the reason Haiti is a shithole is largely due to 200 years of US interference in Haitian affairs, including several invasions.

Creating that shithole in the first place?  Totally fine, just as long as we ignore that fact.

English colony, not many murdered and not much built

German colony, millions murdered and things were built

French colony, millions murdered and nothing built

Haiti is France's problem...

7 minutes ago, row_33 said:

English colony, not many murdered and not much built

German colony, millions murdered and things were built

French colony, millions murdered and nothing built

Haiti is France's problem...

And it's a sh*thole.

A sh*thole the Clinton's milked for all they could

1 minute ago, 3rdnlng said:

http://rebrn.com/re/red-cross-caught-red-handed-laundering-billions-of-dirty-dollars-3950580/

It's possible that those are stolen containers. It appears they have dates from 2011 on them.

Absolutely. 

There's no source on the video, it all could be fake. It's just been blowing up social media the last two days and Row's comment set me up to post it. 

I have no idea what that video shows - if anything.