The Media's Portrayal of Trump and His Presidency

Nanker

The media IS biased, denying it shows where you are

This is the ultimate “Republicans pounce” headline. Unbelievable.

Rothman’s law: The story isn’t the story. The Republican reaction to the story is the story.

And the story is, in this case, the slaughter of Iranians in the streets by theocrats.

y6yTzWn6_bigger.pngPOLITICOVerified account @politico
FollowFollow @politico

White House seizes on Iran protests to tarnish Obama and nuclear deal http://politi.co/2CGZaoa 

DSv2qWdVoAACWwW.jpg

It's not "seizing" on anything to point out it is true. Obama's backdoor Iranian deal, turning over billions to a state-sponsor of terrorism in exchange for empty promises, did harm Iranians, not to mention U.S. and global security.

.ADDED:

I am at Kramer Books where there aren’t any people lined up for Fire and Fury yet but there are a bunch of journalists posted up at the bar waiting for people to line up

7:49 PM - 4 Jan 2018

“Wtf?” - protesters in Iran

Edited by B-Man
  • Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, The_Dude said:

Oh?

I have investments — can you write them a letter telling them that Trump is president so that they can grow faster? That’d be GREAT. 

“Energy independence?” What? ? I’m not even getting into that one. 

Jobs are are more plentiful...jobs were on an upswing during Obama’s term and if you’re givig Trump credit for the current economy you’re seperated from reality because he hasn’t been an office long enough to sway it one way or the other. I’m pessimistic that his tax bill will increase jobs or wages because this sort of thing hasn’t worked in the past but I’m willing to see the results before I pass verdict. 

The country isnt isn’t heading to hell just yet but increasing the debt surely will continue it on its way. 

How is that I keep hearing this yet all I remember about the 80s was that we started with stagflation, then Reagan got in office, did the tax cuts, and then we went on the longest economic expansion in history..............Now, I keep hearing they didn't work.  How did they not work?

3 hours ago, bbb said:

How is that I keep hearing this yet all I remember about the 80s was that we started with stagflation, then Reagan got in office, did the tax cuts, and then we went on the longest economic expansion in history..............Now, I keep hearing they didn't work.  How did they not work?

First, I’m not an economist. I’m a history guy. I’m pursuing an MBA as we speak but I don’t really understand macroeconomics. At least I’m FSR from an expert. 

Reagan was an abiration. Reagan increased a lot of public sector jobs with government contracts. So a lot of the job growth in the private sector was a result of government spending. That government spending led to an irresponsible amount of money being added to the debt. 

And it was kinda here that the trickle down economics theory died. The tax breaks did not result in higher wages for the proletariat.  

1 hour ago, The_Dude said:

First, I’m not an economist. I’m a history guy. I’m pursuing an MBA as we speak but I don’t really understand macroeconomics. At least I’m FSR from an expert. 

Reagan was an abiration. Reagan increased a lot of public sector jobs with government contracts. So a lot of the job growth in the private sector was a result of government spending. That government spending led to an irresponsible amount of money being added to the debt. 

And it was kinda here that the trickle down economics theory died. The tax breaks did not result in higher wages for the proletariat.  

Ya, there was a lot going on then that had nothing much to do with Reagan and/or tax cuts. The tax rate was actually still historically high still from WW2, so there was room to cut. But Carter and his Fed Reserve Chairmen sort of did the dirty work by wringing inflation out of the economy with drastic interest rate hikes. Inflation had been out of control, so Reagan inherited a good situation there with an economy ready to roll. Also, there was a big decline in gas prices. "Reagan's" de-regulation had actually begun under Carter (and before) and it was time to let businesses innovate. Ma Bell was broken up under Reagan, but had begun years before. Think how much things have changed since then in phone systems! Reagan was a good president, but he gets credit for things that were already being done. 

1 hour ago, The_Dude said:

Maybe you need a few more history lessons (and spelling). Before Reagan took office mortgage rates were in the 18-20% range while inflation was double digit, unemployment was high and Jimmy Carter's answer to the energy crisis was to "wear another sweater". This country of ours was in a malaise while our diplomats were held hostage in Tehran and our world-wide standing was at a very low point. Reagan's optimism, belief in conservative principles and vision turned this country around. There, history lesson #1 and you didn't even have to buy a book.

5 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Maybe you need a few more history lessons (and spelling). Before Reagan took office mortgage rates were in the 18-20% range while inflation was double digit, unemployment was high and Jimmy Carter's answer to the energy crisis was to "wear another sweater". This country of ours was in a malaise while our diplomats were held hostage in Tehran and our world-wide standing was at a very low point. Reagan's optimism, belief in conservative principles and vision turned this country around. There, history lesson #1 and you didn't even have to buy a book.

Well my undergrad is European history but I dabbled in American history here and there though nothing in the modern era so I’m not an expert but again I know more than you. 

Jimmy Carter is one of the greatest humans ever — but he’s also one of the worst presidents. But that wasn’t Carters “answer.” It wasn’t a sweater. It was to begin pioneering other forms of energy which is why he had solar panels installed on the White House. 

Its funny you bring up the iran hostage crisis. Reagan helped extend their stay, did you know? Yeah, they wanted it to look like the Iranians reacted to Reagan’s presidency with respect and fear but it was due to the Reagan administrations meddling. Kinda makes me not get too teary eyed when I think of him getting shot. When I think about how Reagan lied about his war record (cause he never was in a war) I smile when I think about his being shot. 

Reagan wasn’t a good president and I’d argue he was one of the worst because he failed to remove himself from office when he should have due to his deteriorating mental condition. I mean the man was suffering dementia and consulted with psychics, he infringed upon the privacy of others during the communist witch hunts, he ducked combat in WWII, and lied about liberating/seeing concentration camps when all he did was help make horrible movies while the men went away to fight. So yeah, GREAT man. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

Well my undergrad is European history but I dabbled in American history here and there though nothing in the modern era so I’m not an expert but again I know more than you. 

Jimmy Carter is one of the greatest humans ever — but he’s also one of the worst presidents. But that wasn’t Carters “answer.” It wasn’t a sweater. It was to begin pioneering other forms of energy which is why he had solar panels installed on the White House. 

Its funny you bring up the iran hostage crisis. Reagan helped extend their stay, did you know? Yeah, they wanted it to look like the Iranians reacted to Reagan’s presidency with respect and fear but it was due to the Reagan administrations meddling. Kinda makes me not get too teary eyed when I think of him getting shot. When I think about how Reagan lied about his war record (cause he never was in a war) I smile when I think about his being shot. 

Reagan wasn’t a good president and I’d argue he was one of the worst because he failed to remove himself from office when he should have due to his deteriorating mental condition. I mean the man was suffering dementia and consulted with psychics, he infringed upon the privacy of others during the communist witch hunts, he ducked combat in WWII, and lied about liberating/seeing concentration camps when all he did was help make horrible movies while the men went away to fight. So yeah, GREAT man. 

I am not going to argue with you when you make up outrageous statements. You need to post legitimate sources via a link.

52 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

I am not going to argue with you when you make up outrageous statements. You need to post legitimate sources via a link.

This is a message board not an academic journal. I don’t have to source crap. If you think I said something untrue (I didn’t) google it ya lazy oaf. Or ask me, I’ll elaborate further. 

Edited by The_Dude

I’m just here for giggles and seeing what is up with other social media that I do not join 

a decent cluster of views is here, but there is no legit leftist position as almost all thinking Americans are basically classical liberals at heart, thankfully

Sanders: Questions about Trump’s mental health ‘absolutely outrageous.’

I’m just confused: Is Trump an evil Hitleresque mastermind who colluded with Russia — just like Hitler colluded with Russia! — or is he a demented old man who didn’t even want to win the election and was surprised when he did?

Time for a reboot of that Phil Hartman split-personality Reagan sketch, I guess.

Always laugh at people confidently diagnosing mental illness when they are not trained to do so.

but they also give confident answers on climate and the economy and healthcare as well

mist be so nice to be an expert on 15 topics in a second, I’ve spent my life working on an accounting specialty and wouldn’t dare make an ex-cathedra declaration on outcomes

25 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

This is a message board not an academic journal. I don’t have to source crap. If you think I said something untrue (I didn’t) google it ya lazy oaf. Or ask me, I’ll elaborate further. 

Yes Sue, it is your responsibility to link to your sources. It is not my responsibility to prove or unprove your wild speculation. You are the refugee here. Try to follow our customs or you will be completely marginalized.

2 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Yes Sue, it is your responsibility to link to your sources. It is not my responsibility to prove or unprove your wild speculation. You are the refugee here. Try to follow our customs or you will be completely marginalized.

Heres this for your custom, nerd!?

Thats how I roll. Because I’m better than you. 

1 minute ago, The_Dude said:

Heres this for your custom, nerd!?

Thats how I roll. Because I’m better than you. 

So far you've shown that you are just an obtuse little pissant who makes unsubstantiated proclamations because you are trying to present yourself as something you are not. Somehow I don't think that will change. Oh, and btw, work on your spelling. It's probably best to do that when you are not high.

CNN, MSNBC and basically all of MSM are nothing but a bunch of liberal hacks who HATE Trump and I don't EVER pay attention to a darn thing any of them say cause they are so biased it isn't even funny. They can't get over the fact that their darling Queen Criminal Hillary Clinton lost the election and they look like fools with their stupid Election Day predictions.

It's hilarious that NOW they question the President's mental health when it is THEM that come off as mental midgets.

I didn't vote for Trump and I don't kiss Trump's butt, but (lol), he is making these morons in MSM look like fools and anyone with a brain should NEVER take them seriously.

Plus, how many stories have they gotten wrong?

Trump isn't holding a MSM fake media show on Monday for nothing.

Again, Trump is destroying these media fools and he goes around them by using Twitter and they can't stand him for that.

And I can point out any name in MSM (Don Lemonhead for example) and they are nothing but liberal Trump-hating morons who should be shot and not be on the air, as their biased brainless opinions make them look like they have mental illness, not the President as they portray. Sickening.

9 minutes ago, njbuff said:

CNN, MSNBC and basically all of MSM are nothing but a bunch of liberal hacks who HATE Trump and I don't EVER pay attention to a darn thing any of them say cause they are so biased it isn't even funny. They can't get over the fact that their darling Queen Criminal Hillary Clinton lost the election and they look like fools with their stupid Election Day predictions.

It's hilarious that NOW they question the President's mental health when it is THEM that come off as mental midgets.

I didn't vote for Trump and I don't kiss Trump's butt, but (lol), he is making these morons in MSM look like fools and anyone with a brain should NEVER take them seriously.

Plus, how many stories have they gotten wrong?

Trump isn't holding a MSM fake media show on Monday for nothing.

Again, Trump is destroying these media fools and he goes around them by using Twitter and they can't stand him for that.

And I can point out any name in MSM (Don Lemonhead for example) and they are nothing but liberal Trump-hating morons who should be shot and not be on the air, as their biased brainless opinions make them look like they have mental illness, not the President as they portray. Sickening.

He and Bannon promised they'd destroy the fake media in 45's first two years... 

We're right on schedule.