Who do you want to start at QB for the Bills in 2017?

Dorkington

155 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to start at QB for the Bills in 2017?

• Tyrod Taylor
    • Tony Romo
    • Alex Smith
    • Kirk Cousins
    • Nick Foles
    • Cardale Jones
    • Mitch Trubisky
    • DeShone Kizer
    • Pat Mahomes
    • Deshaun Watson

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I voted TT because I see enough good in him that I'd rather have him than the NFL alternatives.

Of the college QBs you have on the list, maybe one of them will become a standout NFL QB. But even QBs drafted in the first round have a low success rate in the big league. I'm not smart enough to guess which one might beat the odds.

Edited by hondo in seattle

I've come to the conclusion that I want Cardale Jones to start the majority of the games this season. If they want the veteran QB they sign (like Foles) to start a couple of early season games and ease Jones in, that's fine.

I just don't like any of the QBs in the draft this year. Why draft another QB with question marks, when they already have one in Jones? This is what the Jets do.

I also don't like any of the free agent QBs, they all seem like retreads. Really, what's the point of signing an average to below average free agent QB with wanting them to become the full-time starter when none of them will ever beat Brady and Belichick?

If Jones plays great, the search is over. If he doesn't, they'll probably wind up with a top 3 pick in 2018 that's loaded with QB talent. You can't get caught up in worrying about playoffs this year. This team is in a rebuilding phase. Build the team up in the draft and let's get excited in seeing what they have in Jones. If Preskott, Wentz and Siemian can play well in this league, Jones has a decent shot to do so also. Especially with a great running game.

Tyrod. Romo is damaged goods. Cousins will not be on the market. Smith and Foles are much better than Tyrod. The rookies are not ready and need to be groomed. Jones is still two seasons away from being a starting contender if ever. Draft a rookie and have him watch and learn.

not actually realistic, but i guess thats part of the fun of polls

out of that group id take cousins first. romo is clearly the best actual qb but hes liable to hit the wall hard. even if he doesnt get yet another broken bone somewhere quick, hes gotta be fighting father time big time. hes all banged up and im sure hes gotta feel it. too risky imo. but if they get him i sure will hope im wrong

cousins has progressed steadily, with some setbacks, but he appears to be ready to elevate his game. famous last words but id try him in my fantasy scenario. that sounded dirty but it wasnt

and if we are factoring in the money aspect, youd have to say nick foles or alex smith can get you tyrods production for a lot less than theyd have to lay out for this coming season. so theyd save a bunch of milions swapping tyrod for one of them and i think theyd be ok

outside of romo and cousins, none of these guys are established playoff ready (maybe not playoff WIN ready but playoff ready) options that are going to be steady but not spectacular. most likely anyway. you never know, guys can go off and become studs in one season but thats just a roll of the dice you always hope for but usually dont get

i like tyrod and hes been reasonably productive. but the outlay for this coming season is too much. if they can restructure fine, but theyd still most likely be overpaying if he doesnt stick more than a couple years. and of course tyrod doesnt win many games as the hero

tough call at this point. glad i dont have to make it for real

43 out of 75 voters think Tyrod is better than both Cousins and Smith? Badol is right, the never-ending losing has put this fanbase to sleep. We used to know the league.

Have our statheads checked out what Kirk Cousins did this year? Are we allergic to nice things to the extent we can't even vote for it in a poll on a message board?

Lets go BUFFALO

We rise.

Cousins will not be on the market.

Thing is, the poll question is who do you want.