Worst current sports show?

major

I generally can't stand local shows, of any type. Yes, you always get talk revolving around your teams, but the production quality, on-air talent, and probably most importantly the show-prep are all abysmal way more often than not.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who watches these shows? I'm as big a sports fan as anyone and I won't go near them. No insight, just hot takes and "personalities" in an effort to get ratings. I watch games, and perhaps a bit of a pregame show here and there. That's it. I don't even need a highlights show because I can look up everything on my phone or computer.

Who watches these shows? I'm as big a sports fan as anyone and I won't go near them. No insight, just hot takes and "personalities" in an effort to get ratings. I watch games, and perhaps a bit of a pregame show here and there. That's it. I don't even need a highlights show because I can look up everything on my phone or computer.

Agreed, ESPN does one thing well & that is it gives you a ton of college sports(football/basketball) & some live baseball. Other than that they are useless.

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

ESPN was awesome in the 90s and early aughts, just not even remotely the same anymore

They decided to go more mainstream and lost a lot of true sports fans. I was at a bar a few nights ago and the SportsCenter with Jemele and Michael and I can't remember who, but they were reporting on a pop artist, maybe Beyonce I don't remember. I remember before the season opener last year I tuned into the pregame hoping to get some football talk and instead they had performances from every ****ty millennial pop artist that you can think of. It was so bad. This kind of stuff is killing sports.

Edited by K-GunJimKelly12

They decided to go more mainstream and lost a lot of true sports fans. I was at a bar a few nights ago and the SportsCenter with Jemele and Michael and I can't remember who, but they were reporting on a pop artist, maybe Beyonce I don't remember. I remember before the season opener last year I tuned into the pregame hoping to get some football talk and instead they had performances from every ****ty millennial pop artist that you can think of. It was so bad. This kind of stuff is killing sports.

:thumbsup:

I've got to go with Jemele and Michael hosting sportscenter. Another reminder why I've switched to FS1. Yours?

when the Bills and Sabres are on TV

I'm not sure what's terrible and what's not. But I will say this. For the first time ever, I barely even watch ESPN anymore. I used to hate when people said that, because I would chuckle and say......ok.......what the hell do you watch for sports? But seriously, it's so bad anymore, it's pretty much unwatchable.

My year in football the last couple of years has been great. When I'm not at games, I tune in about 5 minutes before gametime. I never watch pregame, and I almost never watch Sportscenter anymore. It does nothing for me. Outside of making everything on ESPN about their anchors (which means very little to anybody who isn't a jocksniffer) they also cram programming incessantly down your throat that most people could care less about.

Case in point, NBA game is on ESPN for 2 hours or whatever it takes. Outside one or two games a year, the entire country could care less. Sportscenter comes on next. They lead with the drek NBA game that was just on, and rehash an NBA regular season game for the first 15 minutes of SC. No thanks. I don't even bother anymore!

Sad. I loved the old SC, where you tuned in for highlights. Those days are gone, and so are their ratings.

Haven't watched Sports Center in yrs but actually switched back to NFL Live and Insiders for football got tired of NFL networks fluff pieces

I used to love PTI but I just can't anymore. Especially with Kornheiser constantly slurping up Tom Brady. He has a bigger man crush on Brady than Madden had for Favre.

Still awesome to me...Brady is the best player in the NFL ever..current Mount Rushmore of sports Brady, Jordan, Ruth, Gretzky..of course he slurps him, as he should

yup.

Schoop is growing on me...still dont listen very much, but when i do i enjoy him

Even The Sports Reporters, an excellent show for years, turned terrible when they put whiny dooshbag Lupica in the moderator chair. They really couldn't find anyone else after John Saunders died?!?

I used to watch First Take on mute while on the treadmill at the gym. Even then it was a close call between that and Kathy Lee & Hoda.