It's time to get the band back together.

FireChan

McKelvin is an FA. Mario is an FA. Searcy is a possible cut. Byrd is a likely cut. We have a team with pending and realized holes at CB, S, S, and DE.

Is it time to get back to the 2013/2014 Bills and the key players that made those defenses possible?

Do you think they could recapture the magic of that year again? I can't imagine that they would be able to put together another playoff run and have the fan base galvanize around that shut down defense.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The ex-Bill safety I'd like to see come back is Rambo. They never should have kept Duke and let Rambo go.

Searcy, yes. Byrd, no. How many times does the guy have to stiff his team with fake injuries, before people wise up? He simply didn't want to play football. He wanted to make a lot of money and walk away completely healthy. That's not unreasonable but if you want to play in the NFL you have to accept the fact that you could very likely get hurt. Byrd wanted to have it both ways.

Manny Lawson and Ron Brooks!

I miss Brooks 1 ST penalty per game, and confusing him with Gilmore weekly.

Don't forget Tony Moeaki!

lol

Brooks is still in Philly...and after his wife trashed Buffalo and Bills fans on twitter, I'm not sure he'd be welcomed back.

He does have a $2.1M cap hit this year and a $2.4M cap hit next year, which is absurd...so he could be a cap casualty this off-season.

I would take McKelvin and Mario back though on cheap deals...and I think McDemott worked out Whitner in Carolina this year and was offered a contract. (Rather have Searcy or Byrd, than Whitner.)

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2016/10/5/11370956/donte-whitner-free-agent-contract-washington-turned-down-rams-panthers-giants

Edited by JustWinPlease

Brooks is still in Philly...and after his wife trashed Buffalo and Bills fans on twitter, I'm not sure he'd be welcomed back.

He does have a $2.1M cap hit this year and a $2.4M cap hit next year, which is absurd...so he could be a cap casualty this off-season.

I would take McKelvin and Mario back though on cheap deals...and I think McDemott worked out Whitner in Carolina this year and was offered a contract. (Rather have Searcy or Byrd, than Whitner.)

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2016/10/5/11370956/donte-whitner-free-agent-contract-washington-turned-down-rams-panthers-giants

what did Brooks wife say?

McKelvin is an FA. Mario is an FA. Searcy is a possible cut. Byrd is a likely cut. We have a team with pending and realized holes at CB, S, S, and DE.

Is it time to get back to the 2013/2014 Bills and the key players that made those defenses possible?

Searcy was very underrated when he was here. I'd welcome him back.

Can't have Byrd back....he was to slow, had bad attitude here the last season or two and quit on the team. Worse than Mario by far. Besides, his father is the coach for the DB's and can't have neopotism that obvious on the team. Searcy might still have something left in the tank, however. Bills let him go as a FA becasue they didn't have the money to sign him. He didn't unlearn the game at Tenn....likely, they are just churning.