Trump and Russia

2 hours ago, BeginnersMind said:

Two-spacing is a typewriter artifact of mono-width fonts. Think, image.thumb.png.09f6d4d09f4f0876d59dab9fa15ede0e.png 

Books and magazines in the 20th century have all used single spacing after periods. The problem is that when the world moved to modern word processor fonts, typewriting teachers kept teaching double-spacing because it was all they knew. And teachers keep teaching it because someone once told them "it was right." 

It's not and makes no sense. But it's still around. No publication double spaces after the period but lots of people do it because they were told to do it. 

Most people who doublespace also think that starting a sentence with a conjunction is forbidden. And they probably avoid splitting infinitives. They believe in silly things.  

You seem to have some expertise on the subject. Gleeful Gator skips periods on a regular basis. What can he do to correct that?

9 hours ago, BeginnersMind said:

Two-spacing is a typewriter artifact of mono-width fonts. Think, image.thumb.png.09f6d4d09f4f0876d59dab9fa15ede0e.png 

Books and magazines in the 20th century have all used single spacing after periods. The problem is that when the world moved to modern word processor fonts, typewriting teachers kept teaching double-spacing because it was all they knew. And teachers keep teaching it because someone once told them "it was right." 

It's not and makes no sense. But it's still around. No publication double spaces after the period but lots of people do it because they were told to do it. 

Most people who doublespace also think that starting a sentence with a conjunction is forbidden. And they probably avoid splitting infinitives. They believe in silly things.  

You can pry my second space from my cold, dead keyboard.  

On 1/23/2019 at 5:40 AM, BeginnersMind said:

I think it's easier to read, but how about you use 1 and those that want 2 use 2? 

Yes I did learn to type on a typewriter, and no, not all typewriters had mono space fonts.

On 1/26/2019 at 3:48 AM, reddogblitz said:

I think it's easier to read, but how about you use 1 and those that want 2 use 2? 

Of course. That’s the world we live in. 

But it’s an artifact of typewriting and you may personally thin think it looks better but no professional publication agrees. 

I used to work with a guy who triple spaced. 

On 1/26/2019 at 3:48 AM, reddogblitz said:

Yes I did learn to type on a typewriter, and no, not all typewriters had mono space fonts.

Maybe true I don’t know. But the doublespace came from that, which means it goes back even further. I also learned to type on them. And have unlearned doublespacing as well as  reaching up to move the carriage back to the left. 

• Haha (+1) 1

WOW, WHO COULD HAVE SEEN THIS COMING? A Belarusian woman who claimed to possess insider information about Russia’s attempts to interfere in the 2016 presidential election — and what role President Donald Trump’s campaign played in the disinformation campaign — now admits her story was a hoax.

Well, cut her some slack: But don’t cut the credulous Western “journalists” and pundits who treated her story as gospel when it was pretty obviously exactly what it was.

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, B-Man said:

WOW, WHO COULD HAVE SEEN THIS COMING? A Belarusian woman who claimed to possess insider information about Russia’s attempts to interfere in the 2016 presidential election — and what role President Donald Trump’s campaign played in the disinformation campaign — now admits her story was a hoax.

Well, cut her some slack: But don’t cut the credulous Western “journalists” and pundits who treated her story as gospel when it was pretty obviously exactly what it was..

I'm not sure I would pay for that, but for free. sure.

Putin must have history's biggest pocket to fit all Trump's actions that benefit Russia.  I can't believe that this scandal hasn't gotten any traction in the Mueller probe.

U.S. to Suspend Obligations Under 1987 Nuclear Treaty With Russia

U.S. to begin six-month process of withdrawal from intermediate-range nuclear forces pact

The U.S. will suspend its obligations under an arms control treaty with Russia that dates back to the Cold War, after talks to compel Russia to destroy its missiles and launchers failed, the State Department said on Friday.

Administration officials have indicated for months that they were willing to withdraw from the Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces Treaty of 1987, and on Thursday, both countries announced that discussions to save it failed.

• Like (+1) 1

Rachel Maddow’s latest Russia conspiracies and fearmongering are even pissing the Left off

You know when even Leftists are starting to give you a hard time about your conspiracy theories and fearmongering about Russia, it might be time to move on.

Or at least take it down a notch.

Even if you’re Rachel Maddow.

What IF giant unicorn ninjas fell from the sky and created a deadly army of leprechauns and gnomes?! JUST THINK ABOUT THAT.

Oh, and just FYI, Rachel, we’re pretty sure he didn’t mean this as a compliment.

• Haha (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Rachel Maddow’s latest Russia conspiracies and fearmongering are even pissing the Left off

You know when even Leftists are starting to give you a hard time about your conspiracy theories and fearmongering about Russia, it might be time to move on.

Or at least take it down a notch.

Even if you’re Rachel Maddow.

What IF giant unicorn ninjas fell from the sky and created a deadly army of leprechauns and gnomes?! JUST THINK ABOUT THAT.

Oh, and just FYI, Rachel, we’re pretty sure he didn’t mean this as a compliment.

how could anyone spend more than 5 voluntary seconds watching her garbage?

• Like (+1) 2

I was listening to BBC this morning.

They had someGerman former UN anti-proliferation-chief lady on in an interview.  Even she said that pulling out of that treaty was justifiable. (She’d prefer a new multi-nation treaty, but that’s not the point.)