Trump and Russia

6 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

:lol: 

From Schumer to RFE as sources. 

Completely honest brokers who have yet to spin a lie about Trump/Russia in the past two years. 

Some people are gluttons for disappointment.

Sure thing comrade. 

29 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

:lol: 

From Schumer to RFE as sources. 

Completely honest brokers who have yet to spin a lie about Trump/Russia in the past two years. 

Some people are gluttons for disappointment.

I suspect it won't be long before @TH3 starts explaining how we know Trump and Russia are tied at the hip because they have the goods on Lindsey Graham being gay, and that's the only reason Graham suddenly backs Trump.

• Like (+1) 1

Trump scratching his nose within a thousand feet of Putin = Manchurian candidate.
Obama telling Putin on a mic "I'll have more flexibility after the election" = very good and patriotic
Quote Tweet
Kyle Griffin

@kylegriffin1
In light of recent reports, it's worth highlighting again this July 2017 video of Trump seeming to gesture to Putin at the G-20.

0:15
214.2K views

Embedded video
  • Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, LBSeeBallLBGetBall said:

Trump scratching his nose within a thousand feet of Putin = Manchurian candidate.
Obama telling Putin on a mic "I'll have more flexibility after the election" = very good and patriotic
Quote Tweet
Kyle Griffin

@kylegriffin1
In light of recent reports, it's worth highlighting again this July 2017 video of Trump seeming to gesture to Putin at the G-20.

0:15
214.2K views

Embedded video

LOL, ya, that's all Trump has done. 

Lefty lunacy continues

ThinkProgress well and TRULY jumped the shark with their latest conspiracy about Russian infiltration

russia.png

Wow.

Apparently, Russians are infiltrating our country through homeschooling now.

Don’t make that face, we didn’t write it.

View image on Twitter

NEW: Meet the latest front in Russian infiltration among the American far-right—America's right-wing homeschooling movement. https://thinkprogress.org/americas-biggest-right-wing-homeschooling-group-has-been-networking-with-sanctioned-russians-1f2b5b5ad031/ 

From ThinkProgress (sorry!):

The group and its origins sound innocuous enough. But the Home School Legal Defense Association (HSLDA) — a right-wing group founded 36 years ago — has deepened connections between America’s religious right and Russians even as the latter have been sanctioned by the United States, according to a ThinkProgress investigation.

This sounds like an episode of Archer, but not funny.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, B-Man said:

Lefty lunacy continues

ThinkProgress well and TRULY jumped the shark with their latest conspiracy about Russian infiltration

russia.png

Wow.

Apparently, Russians are infiltrating our country through homeschooling now.

Don’t make that face, we didn’t write it.

What?  

I mean...what?

What???

WHAT??????

• Haha (+1) 1

136 Republicans in the House come over. They seem to have been convinced by Shumer's arguments on Trump and Russia 

The New York Times noted, “Thursday’s House vote, in which nearly 70 percent of House Republicans sided with Democrats and against the Trump administration, represented an even more dramatic display of Republican opposition to the move, signaling concerns within President Trump’s own party about his administration’s handling of a key aspect of its Russia policy.”

And yet this clown Romney votes with Trump to lift sanctions. 

First of all, Russia I indicated is a geopolitical foe. Not... excuse me. It's a geopolitical foe, and I said in the same -- in the same paragraph I said, and Iran is the greatest national security threat we face. Russia does continue to battle us in the U.N. time and time again. I have clear eyes on this. I'm not going to wear rose-colored glasses when it comes to Russia, or Mr. Putin.

Here's why that's nonsense:

https://thehill.com/policy/national-security/425864-house-votes-262-53-to-disapprove-trump-lifting-of-sanctions-on

In a major rebuke of President Trump, the House overwhelming passed a resolution Thursday formally disapproving of the Trump administration's rolling back of sanctions on companies owned by Oleg Deripaska, an ally of Russian President Vladimir Putin.

Those companies ARE NO LONGER OWNED BY DERIPASKA.  He's reduced his stakes in the companies to a non-controlling level.  The sanctions are being maintained on him, as they were originally levied, but are being lifted on companies he no longer owns.

You are being LIED to.

• Like (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Here's why that's nonsense:

https://thehill.com/policy/national-security/425864-house-votes-262-53-to-disapprove-trump-lifting-of-sanctions-on

Those companies ARE NO LONGER OWNED BY DERIPASKA.  He's reduced his stakes in the companies to a non-controlling level.  The sanctions are being maintained on him, as they were originally levied, but are being lifted on companies he no longer owns.

You are being LIED to.

This is why you are such a complete idiot. He still owns 45% and Putin's banks and his in laws own the rest. I guess 70% of the GOP House caucus is being lied to also, but that's not a big surprise. 

---

But Trump wants to help his best friends 

“I do have a disagreement with the Treasury Department on this one specific issue. Although I generally support all the sanctions that have been imposed, I don’t think there’s been enough steps taken by this gangster oligarch to divest from his Russia aluminum company to lift sanctions on them. Some of my colleagues have a difference of opinion, but I disagree. He may be below 50 percent of a controlling stake share in that company, that may work for the United States, but on the streets of Moscow, that’s not the way the world works,” Cotton said.

https://talkbusiness.net/2019/01/sen-cotton-says-tough-sanctions-still-needed-on-russia-nato-imperative/

... Again, stop and breathe. And then ask yourself (honestly) who Deripaska has closer relations to: Trump or the Clinton machine. 

Then reassess what you're reading. 

It's an information war. We're all combatants whether we wish to be or not. The only way through the war is to not take things at face value when they're reported in the establishment (or any) media. But rather to hone your own discernment, do your own digging, and cobble the truth together from multiple places. 

Edited by Deranged Rhino
  • Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

... Again, stop and breathe. And then ask yourself (honestly) who Deripaska has closer relations to: Trump or the Clinton machine. 

Then reassess what you're reading. 

It's an information war. We're all combatants whether we wish to be or not. The only way through the war is to not take things at face value when they're reported in the establishment (or any) media. But rather to hone your own discernment, do your own digging, and cobble the truth together from multiple places. 

Oh, Clinton is trying to lift the sanctions? I'd say that since Trump wants to help this guy make tons of money, he is closer. 

18 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

That's not the conclusion one should draw. 

In your own words, recap for me what role  Deripaska played in the trump Russian story...

Putin linked oligarch who Trump wants to help now. Yes, I can easily see the quid pro quo right there. Why did they want to elect Trump? In part for sanctions relief