Trump and Russia

Oh wait, you mean we were lied to?? 

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/21/us/politics/oleg-deripaska-russian-sanctions.html?action=click&module=Top Stories&pgtype=Homepage

Quid pro quo 

WASHINGTON — When the Trump administration announced last month that it was lifting sanctions against a trio of companies controlled by an influential Russian oligarch, it cast the move as tough on Russia and on the oligarch, arguing that he had to make painful concessions to get the sanctions lifted.

But a binding confidential document signed by both sides suggests that the agreement the administration negotiated with the companies controlled by the oligarch, Oleg V. Deripaska, may have been less punitive than advertised.

The deal contains provisions that free him from hundreds of millions of dollars in debt while leaving him and his allies with majority ownership of his most important company, the document shows.

6 hours ago, Tiberius said:

That doesn't make much sense.

If Deripaska has personal liability for the loans then the bank would have to release him from his personal liability.  No place in the story you posted does it say that whatever lender is involved released him from his personal responsibility to pay.  If Deripaska DIDN'T have personal liability for the loans, then he was never responsible and there's no change in his status.  None of it really mentions the fact that Deripaska no longer owns a controlling stake in the companies involved -- probably a result which is worth a hell of a lot more than the loans.

On 1/20/2019 at 7:49 AM, Foxx said:

lol.  when beginning a new sentence a double space is considered proper etiquette.

no, no... you're welcome.

Now this is interesting.  I was always taught two spaces after a period.  And i think it looks better.  But now there is a trend for one space always, which I just don’t like.

and I think two spaces has been favored until very recently.

Edited by Crayola64
  • Like (+1) 1

On 1/18/2019 at 4:43 PM, DC Tom said:

They elected Trump for sanctions relief...and got increased sanctions?  

You're a lunatic.

No, you are just stupid. Just because Trump fails at everything doesn't mean he hasn't tried, and anyone who reads the papers knows he tried. You are just your usual dishonest self. 

44 minutes ago, Crayola64 said:

Now this is interesting.  I was always taught two spaces after a period.  And i think it looks better.  But now there is a trend for one space always, which I just don’t like.

Did you know that Gleeful Gator skips periods all the time?

33 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

What the *****? Trump failed by imposing sanctions on Russia?

He accidently closed down embassies, sent Russkies back home and put sanctions on a bunch of other Russkies. What a bumbling fool.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Crayola64 said:

And it is such a critical point that Bill the Cat & Opus the Penguin ran with that as their central plank of the Meadow Party's Presidential campaign.  "2 Spaces for America."

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, Taro T said:

And it is such a critical point that Bill the Cat & Opus the Penguin ran with that as their central plank of the Meadow Party's Presidential campaign.  "2 Spaces for America."

They'd have cemented my vote if they'd given more support to the Oxford comma.

14 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

They'd have cemented my vote if they'd given more support to the Oxford comma.

The support for it was there, but attention spans are short.  They really tried to keep the focus on their key point.  Didn't really seem to hurt them much at the polls as they did as well in the EC as expected.  (And when viewed versus expectations they performed FAR better than Clinton.)

43 minutes ago, Taro T said:

The support for it was there, but attention spans are short.  They really tried to keep the focus on their key point.  Didn't really seem to hurt them much at the polls as they did as well in the EC as expected.  (And when viewed versus expectations they performed FAR better than Clinton.)

They were agents of the Deep State anyway.  Don't forget - Bill the Cat was in a fatal car accident in the mid-80s, and cloned from the remains of his tongue.

Bill the Cat - an Illuminati reptilian HAARP clone, like Ginsburg.  WAKE UP SHEEPLE!!!!!!111!!!1!!!1!111

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, DC Tom said:

They were agents of the Deep State anyway.  Don't forget - Bill the Cat was in a fatal car accident in the mid-80s, and cloned from the remains of his tongue.

Bill the Cat - an Illuminati reptilian HAARP clone, like Ginsburg.  WAKE UP SHEEPLE!!!!!!111!!!1!!!1!111

Not only that, but later, after a tragic yacht accident a certain billionaire's brain was placed in Bill the Cat's body.  The billionaire's brain was placed in an ORANGE CAT!  (TOTALLY changes the meaning of the phrase 'grab 'em by the p###y.')

33 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Not only that, but later, after a tragic yacht accident a certain billionaire's brain was placed in Bill the Cat's body.  The billionaire's brain was placed in an ORANGE CAT!  (TOTALLY changes the meaning of the phrase 'grab 'em by the p###y.')

AND...he was spying for the Russians while dating Jeanne Kirkpatrick.  

Bill the Cat...Russian Illuminati reptilian HAARP spy clone with Trump's brain implanted.  Somebody alert Mueller!!!

(While I alert Berkeley Breathed.)

14 hours ago, Koko78 said:

What the *****? Trump failed by imposing sanctions on Russia?

He did? You mean he was forced to, right? Congress forced him with overwhelming votes. 

You have been following the story story of how he lifted sanctions on Deriposkev? Even over the objection of GOP senators and over 150 GOP House members? 

Just admit it, you could care less he is Putin's boy. 

I think some Republicans love it. He is getting away with a big crime and that makes them happy. 

5 hours ago, Hedge said:

Hmm, would this be Russian coal-lusion?

I guess all that drilling under Obama paid off. This is your evidence of no conspiracy? Tucker suckers are idiots. 

Tucker Carlson is the new Baghdad Bob 

10 hours ago, DC Tom said:

AND...he was spying for the Russians while dating Jeanne Kirkpatrick.  

Bill the Cat...Russian Illuminati reptilian HAARP spy clone with Trump's brain implanted.  Somebody alert Mueller!!!

(While I alert Berkeley Breathed.)

Pretty sure Berkeley's in on it.  What, you thought it was just a coincidence Bloom County was revived (ON-LINE primarily On FACEBOOK omg!) after a roughly 1/4 century absence when Trump annonced he was running for President?.

Wake up Sheeple!

16 hours ago, Crayola64 said:

Two-spacing is a typewriter artifact of mono-width fonts. Think, image.thumb.png.09f6d4d09f4f0876d59dab9fa15ede0e.png 

Books and magazines in the 20th century have all used single spacing after periods. The problem is that when the world moved to modern word processor fonts, typewriting teachers kept teaching double-spacing because it was all they knew. And teachers keep teaching it because someone once told them "it was right." 

It's not and makes no sense. But it's still around. No publication double spaces after the period but lots of people do it because they were told to do it. 

Most people who doublespace also think that starting a sentence with a conjunction is forbidden. And they probably avoid splitting infinitives. They believe in silly things.