Trump and Russia

2 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

...If Putin controls Trump, why does he need to take a political prisoner? 

(The narrative doesn't add up)

Because it's not Putin vs. Trump; it's Putin and Trump vs. Congress and the American people.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

...If Putin controls Trump, why does he need to take a political prisoner? 

(The narrative doesn't add up)

That's easy. The "Deep State" is a thorn in a side to both Putin and Trump. You agree with that. This was a shot at our country, the justice system and national security administration all of which both Trump and Putin have their problems with. 

27 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Because it's not Putin vs. Trump; it's Putin and Trump vs. Congress and the American people.

yes 

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

Now you are using your daddies stupid language? Wow, never thought I'd see the day Third Thing would get a b it ch on the board, but here she is! 

Coming from the little weasel that's been my sock puppet for years.

2 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

You are not even smart enough to operate a sock puppet. You'd probably try to put the sock on your stupid pointy head. 

No Gleeful Gator The Plagiarist, I know there's not room enough up there for both your head and mine.

3 hours ago, westside said:

Did gleeful gator get you a job at Soro's laundromat?

Part of being bipolar: it gives me the mental flexibility to easily hold irrational, even stupid, perspectives in my mind and derive nonsense from them, despite knowing they're nonsense and not believable.

In short: I have the capacity to think like a liberal, without the crippling cognitive impairment inherent in being liberal.

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Why is Trump echoing Putin's propaganda? 

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2019/01/trump-just-endorsed-ussrs-invasion-afghanistan/579361/

It has been an important ideological project of the Putin regime to rehabilitate and justify the Soviet invasion and occupation of Afghanistan. Putin does not care so much about Afghanistan, but he cares a lot about the image of the U.S.S.R. In 2005, Putin described the collapse of the Soviet Union as (depending on your preferred translation) “the greatest geopolitical tragedy of the 20th century” or “a major geopolitical disaster of the 20th century”—but clearly a thing very much to be regretted.

Read: It’s Putin’s world

Putin-style glorification of the Soviet regime is entering the mind of the president, inspiring his words and—who knows—perhaps shaping his actions. How that propaganda is reaching him—by which channels, via which persons—seems an important if not urgent question. But maybe what happened yesterday does not raise questions. Maybe it inadvertently reveals answers.

“Senate Minority Leader Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.) said Sunday that he will force a vote on a resolution to disapprove of the Trump administration’s decision to relax sanctions on companies connected to Russian oligarch Oleg Deripaska, calling the move ‘wrongheaded.’ ”

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/425078-schumer-to-force-vote-on-trump-administration-move-to-ease-sanctions-on

On 1/12/2019 at 7:02 AM, Doc Brown said:

2qyq67.jpg

What's so unfortunate is that the entire FBI isn't the problem.  A small fraction of the FBI whom have little to do with the every day responsibilities of the force are responsible for it and with their black eye are allowing the entire force to take a hit.

• Like (+1) 1