Trump and Russia

On 2/15/2019 at 1:16 PM, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

I'm sorry, what? You came out of left field here, so I had to take some time to sort out how many ways your crazy ass is wrong.

A) I'm not sure what facts you have a dispute about the Wall. Maybe if you actually, you know, indicate what precisely I am wrong about and have legit evidence to back it up, that would be different. But you never do. All you do is gloss over the independently sourced facts and hard data, call it "feelz" and then go on with zero evidence of your own.

B) It's an ongoing investigation still. Meuller is still methodically going through his research and questioning. Just because a Republican lead Senate slapped a bow on doesn't mean an independent counsel will.

C) Even if the end result doesn't provide enough evidence to convict Trump himself for collusion, you're really going to tell me that his longtime advisor, campaign manager and son all were involved with Russians providing intelligence on his opponent and he knew absolutely nothing? At the very best, he's been exposed for surrounding himself with frauds and crooks.

D) Even if he didn't, at this point, there's a very solid chance Mueller has the man nailed 5 ways to Sunday on Obstruction of Justice.

Here's a handy chart of all of the changes in the story: https://www.cnn.com/interactive/2019/politics/trump-team-russia-then-now/index.html

So...I'll own up to being wrong when I actually am.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

• Haha (+1) 1

Adam Schiff: The Jussie Smollett of Trump-Russia Collusion

By Julie Kelly

DyK2UT-V4AAp0gw-1024x576.jpg

He helped conceive a hoax so outlandish that only the most gullible, craven, or witless person could believe it.

The attack, as he called it, allegedly was executed by mysterious and politically motivated thugs with the intent to inflict harm. It exploited the political climate of the moment given that the chief goal of the ruse—and of the perpetrator himself—was to sow division in an already-fractured American populace for his own gratification. Nonstop news coverage and social media chatter ensued. The heretofore obscure perpetrator gained instant fame.

Lawmakers, journalists, and celebrities acted as accomplices, allowing themselves to be duped and conferring immediate legitimacy to the event. Public resources were diverted away from more serious matters. Whenever fair-minded observers voiced skepticism about the questionable nature of the circumstances and evidence at hand, they were riddled with insults.

As authorities began to expose the hoax, the mastermind lashed out, blasting his detractors and making incendiary accusations.

The public mostly went along with it because it sounded right or, at least, familiar like the narrative that Donald Trump and his people ultimately are at the center of everything wrong with our country today. And astoundingly, even as his story fell apart and his early supporters tried to distance themselves from the ruse, the hoaxster remained entrenched, beclowning himself and those who aided the scam.

No, I am not talking here about Jussie Smollett, the “Empire” actor who concocted an elaborate story about how MAGA-hat wearing hoodlums attacked him in the middle of a frigid night on an underground street in downtown Chicago.

I am talking about Representative Adam Schiff, the California congressman who helped make up a story about how Donald Trump and his campaign associates conspired with the Kremlin to influence the outcome of the 2016 presidential election.

Adam Schiff was Jussie Smollett before Jussie Smollett arrived on the scene. Few Americans had heard of Schiff before he earned notoriety by planting a false flag on the nation’s smoldering political landscape in 2016. And it’s not hard to draw a line between the hoax that Schiff perpetuated on the American public and the hoax that Smollett conceived and executed last month. In fact, Schiff tweeted his sympathies to the actor shortly after the “horrific attack,” as he called it, and signaled his rejection of this “act of hatred and bigotry.”

Schiff has been in on the phony Trump-Russia collusion ruse since the beginning. As the narrative first took shape during the Democratic National Convention in the final week of July 2016—while party leaders desperately scrambled to mitigate the fallout of hacked emails showing a rigged system designed to help boost Hillary Clinton over Senator Bernie Sanders—Schiff skillfully helped to change the subject to Russia.

More at the link: https://amgreatness.com/2019/02/18/adam-schiff-the-jussie-smollett-of-trump-russia-collusion/

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, B-Man said:

Adam Schiff: The Jussie Smollett of Trump-Russia Collusion

By Julie Kelly

DyK2UT-V4AAp0gw-1024x576.jpg

He helped conceive a hoax so outlandish that only the most gullible, craven, or witless person could believe it.

The attack, as he called it, allegedly was executed by mysterious and politically motivated thugs with the intent to inflict harm. It exploited the political climate of the moment given that the chief goal of the ruse—and of the perpetrator himself—was to sow division in an already-fractured American populace for his own gratification. Nonstop news coverage and social media chatter ensued. The heretofore obscure perpetrator gained instant fame.

Lawmakers, journalists, and celebrities acted as accomplices, allowing themselves to be duped and conferring immediate legitimacy to the event. Public resources were diverted away from more serious matters. Whenever fair-minded observers voiced skepticism about the questionable nature of the circumstances and evidence at hand, they were riddled with insults.

As authorities began to expose the hoax, the mastermind lashed out, blasting his detractors and making incendiary accusations.

The public mostly went along with it because it sounded right or, at least, familiar like the narrative that Donald Trump and his people ultimately are at the center of everything wrong with our country today. And astoundingly, even as his story fell apart and his early supporters tried to distance themselves from the ruse, the hoaxster remained entrenched, beclowning himself and those who aided the scam.

No, I am not talking here about Jussie Smollett, the “Empire” actor who concocted an elaborate story about how MAGA-hat wearing hoodlums attacked him in the middle of a frigid night on an underground street in downtown Chicago.

I am talking about Representative Adam Schiff, the California congressman who helped make up a story about how Donald Trump and his campaign associates conspired with the Kremlin to influence the outcome of the 2016 presidential election.

Adam Schiff was Jussie Smollett before Jussie Smollett arrived on the scene. Few Americans had heard of Schiff before he earned notoriety by planting a false flag on the nation’s smoldering political landscape in 2016. And it’s not hard to draw a line between the hoax that Schiff perpetuated on the American public and the hoax that Smollett conceived and executed last month. In fact, Schiff tweeted his sympathies to the actor shortly after the “horrific attack,” as he called it, and signaled his rejection of this “act of hatred and bigotry.”

Schiff has been in on the phony Trump-Russia collusion ruse since the beginning. As the narrative first took shape during the Democratic National Convention in the final week of July 2016—while party leaders desperately scrambled to mitigate the fallout of hacked emails showing a rigged system designed to help boost Hillary Clinton over Senator Bernie Sanders—Schiff skillfully helped to change the subject to Russia.

More at the link: https://amgreatness.com/2019/02/18/adam-schiff-the-jussie-smollett-of-trump-russia-collusion/

I don't know which name is dumber, "Jussie Smollett" or "Adam Schiff."

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, DC Tom said:

I don't know which name is dumber, "Jussie Smollett" or "Adam Schiff."

Smollett tried to get his 15 minutes of fame for his dying career, and did it, for all the wrong reasons, but the answer is Adam Schiff for brains

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, B-Man said:

HARSH, BUT FAIR:

Screen-Shot-2019-02-20-at-13.21.38.png

Little known (or cared for) fact that Scott Adams when to my school in the Catskills in the 70s. He was in my older brother's class...a class of about 28 kids in a K-12 school that totaled 650 kids in all.

He was named Valedictorian, and when asked later in an interview if it was true, he answered something to the effect of "Yes, but that's just  because I was the only kid in my class who could spell 'Valedictorian'."

DEMOCRATS: RUSSIANS ARE MEDDLING AGAIN!...........Featured image

It worked so well in 2016, apparently, that Democrats are already lining up their excuses for next year’s presidential race. Politico reports breathlessly that a “‘Sustained and ongoing’ disinformation assault targets Dem presidential candidates.”

A wide-ranging disinformation campaign aimed at Democratic 2020 candidates is already underway on social media, with signs that foreign state actors are driving at least some of the activity.

The main targets appear to be Sens. Kamala Harris (D-Calif.), Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) and Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.), and former Rep. Beto O’Rourke (D-Texas), four of the most prominent announced or prospective candidates for president.

The theory is that elections are swayed largely by paid ads on Facebook and Twitter. This would come as news to most voters.

More at the link

38 minutes ago, B-Man said:

DEMOCRATS: RUSSIANS ARE MEDDLING AGAIN!...........Featured image

It worked so well in 2016, apparently, that Democrats are already lining up their excuses for next year’s presidential race. Politico reports breathlessly that a “‘Sustained and ongoing’ disinformation assault targets Dem presidential candidates.”

A wide-ranging disinformation campaign aimed at Democratic 2020 candidates is already underway on social media, with signs that foreign state actors are driving at least some of the activity.

The main targets appear to be Sens. Kamala Harris (D-Calif.), Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) and Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.), and former Rep. Beto O’Rourke (D-Texas), four of the most prominent announced or prospective candidates for president.

The theory is that elections are swayed largely by paid ads on Facebook and Twitter. This would come as news to most voters.

More at the link

With a list like that I'd be investigating  Corey Booker.

Tomorrow @OversightDems will hold their first big hearing. For their first big witness, they will roll out the red carpet for Michael Cohen Here’s the problem: Michael Cohen is going to prison in two months for several crimes, including LYING TO CONGRESS

Jordan & Meadows: Democrats put out welcome mat for a liar. We can't trust Michael Cohen.

The Cohen hearing will be a partisan circus meant to destroy Trump. We'll ask about Cohen's crimes and why he's getting a forum to avenge his grudge.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2019/02/26/michael-cohen-testimony-democrats-platform-destroy-donald-trump-column/2978144002/

• Like (+1) 1