Foles will be a FA after Chiefs unlikely to pick up option

YoloinOhio

I would expect the Bills to have an interest in Nick Foles when he becomes a FA, to at least fill EJ's spot. He is a good fit for WCO, and familiar with David Culley. Drafted in Philly and later signed in KC by Andy Reid, who mcdermott trusts. Went to playoffs with Shady in Philly, who had a 1300 yards the year he played with foles.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000785994/article/chiefs-likely-will-pass-on-nick-foles-option?campaign=Twitter_atn

Edited by YoloinOhio

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tangentially, and forgive me for hijacking the thread a bit, but since we are contemplating replacements I don't know whether in hindsight I would have preferred Tyrod playing worse or going 9-7 through 16 games with 3500 yards passing, 25 TDs and 7 picks...just to make this thing a little easier for me as fan.

...this just in: I am pissed at Jim Kelly for not being ageless.

What else does this guy have to do to prove mhe was a flash in the pan?

Let's bring him in to camp to fight it out with McKown and Hoyer to be the white backup QB!

Brandon is on the phone! Season tickets=sold!

Certainly he was a flash in the pan (your words). But for a season or two he demonstrated that he was an accurate passer and can utilize the whole field. Is he a long term answer at qb? Of course not. But if TT is let go you have to seek whatever options are available. Every qb on the market (assuming TT is dispatched) is little better than being a functional qb. If that is the situation you are in then the best response for the organization is to get their slow arses in gear and draft a good qb prospect. With or without Foles or whatever battered body they bring in they will continue to have a void until they draft a legitimate prospect.

The running game and offense won't be as good or as explosive as last year with Foles.

His arm strength and playmaking ability doesn't compare to Tyrods.... for the sake of a difference of 6 to 8 million in cap savings I'd much rather keep Tyrod.

Is that better?

100% agree. I don't like Foles. Keep TT

The running game and offense won't be as good or as explosive as last year with Foles.

His arm strength and playmaking ability doesn't compare to Tyrods.... for the sake of a difference of 6 to 8 million in cap savings I'd much rather keep Tyrod.

Is that better?

Real easy to say when it's not your money.

Edited by old school

I would expect the Bills to have an interest in Nick Foles when he becomes a FA, to at least fill EJ's spot. He is a good fit for WCO, and familiar with David Culley. Drafted in Philly and later signed in KC by Andy Reid, who mcdermott trusts. Went to playoffs with Shady in Philly, who had a 1300 yards the year he played with foles. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000785994/article/chiefs-likely-will-pass-on-nick-foles-option?campaign=Twitter_atn

Oh god I hope not.

3 teams in 5 years. There can't be ANYTHING wrong with Nick Foles. Let's make it 4 for 6 and sign another journeyman reject. The Bills have barely tried this approach over the last 17 years. To boot, they're bottom 5 in the NFL in their salary cap situation and will likely have to tag Gilmore for $14m if they want to keep him. #tiredofotherteamsrejects.