Foles will be a FA after Chiefs unlikely to pick up option

YoloinOhio

You know what they say, BADOL. The better you are, the luckier you get :thumbsup:

If it happens on a regular basis? Yes.

In a one game or even partial season scenario? Not so much........the talent is fairly evenly distributed in the NFL so the scales can tip pretty fast around playoff time.

Perception in general can change fast.

The Falcons made the SB despite losing 5 games while playing in a bad division and actually came into 2016 on a horrendous losing streak.

Give Tyrod some receiving help and watch that top 7 scoring offense move well inside the top 5. :thumbsup: Then see what McFrazier can do with the defense. :flirt:

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When Watkins has been healthy, he has been outstanding. Nothing in Watkin's college history suggested that he would miss a lot of time due to injury. So, a GM has failed if he drafted a player who has played very very well when healthy, but has been injured?

The failure took place when the day the trade was made. Whaley got loosey goosey with high value picks and traded up for a WR in what looks to be the most talented WR draft class in the history of the sport. The move in itself was fundamentally flawed and Sammy's injuries have only magnified the mistake. Positional players often flame out for one reason or another, it makes zero sense to trade up for one when the price is so steep.

Whaley would be making another mistake by going WR at 10 this year. He made no substantial additions at WR last year when all evidence pointed to a murky recovery period for Watkins. By the start of the 17' season Watkins should be back on track with the foot, if the history of WR's stays true. Find a complementary piece to go opposite Watkins and spend that first rounder elsewhere.

In a one game or even partial season scenario? Not so much........the talent is fairly evenly distributed in the NFL so the scales can tip pretty fast around playoff time.

The Falcons made the SB despite losing 5 games while playing in a bad division and actually came into 2016 on a horrendous losing streak.

Give Tyrod some receiving help and watch that top 7 scoring offense move well inside the top 5. :thumbsup: Then see what McFrazier can do with the defense. :flirt:

With respect to the highlighted area even if the receiver corps is improved is he going to be more proficient throwing middle of the field passes? Or even with an upgrade to the recipients of his passes will he be better able to make seam passes or anticipatory throws or be able to go through his progressions?

I'm not arguing that with better receivers he won't be a better qb. Because he will. What I am questioning is even with receiver upgrades is his passing game still going to be so limited and so basic that it will not give the team a chance to seriously compete.

What is lost in the energetic and extended exchanges here is the position of the organization. Even if it is determined that TT should remain with the team it is being done apparently without much enthusiasm by Whaley.

While the consensus of outsiders is that the Bills should keep TT, even if only as a bridge qb, the organization he has played for and has closely scrutinized his performances doesn't seem to be too impressed with him or even fearful of losing him. That is a clear indication what the thinking is inside of the building at OBD.

In regards to your last paragraph it does seem that way.... that said if they do dump Tyrod and replace him with scrap or a rookie it will backfire, IMO.

We all have opinions on this issue. There are reasonable arguments for the various positions. However, as I stated in my last post it just seems to me that the front office doesn't seem to be bothered by the prospects of losing him.

I'm a strong advocate for drafting a qb in the first round or second round. While many believe that this is a weak qb class I don't. While believing that the qb class isn't as bad as many make it out to be I acknowledge that there is no qb in this draft that should be starting right away.

So what qbs are on the market who might the front office be interested in? Cutler? Alex Smith? Foles? I simply don't know. I'm not even sure what direction the organization is going to take from a rebuild or go for it strategy? Once an official determination has been made with respect to TT then we should have a better sense what is going on here.

:rolleyes::D:thumbsup:

With respect to the highlighted area even if the receiver corps is improved is he going to be more proficient throwing middle of the field passes? Or even with an upgrade to the recipients of his passes will he be better able to make seam passes or anticipatory throws or be able to go through his progressions?

I'm not arguing that with better receivers he won't be a better qb. Because he will. What I am questioning is even with receiver upgrades is his passing game still going to be so limited and so basic that it will not give the team a chance to seriously compete.

What is lost in the energetic and extended exchanges here is the position of the organization. Even if it is determined that TT should remain with the team it is being done apparently without much enthusiasm by Whaley.

While the consensus of outsiders is that the Bills should keep TT, even if only as a bridge qb, the organization he has played for and has closely scrutinized his performances doesn't seem to be too impressed with him or even fearful of losing him. That is a clear indication what the thinking is inside of the building at OBD.

The organization has been split on many things........you should know there is rarely a clear indication of some kind of consensus..........Whaley "reportedly" was not sold on McDermott and wanted to interview other candidates but Pegula's shot him down......so what are we to believe?

As for whether Tyrod would throw more......or better.....over the middle.........i "guess"? He threw the ball a lot inside the hashes in the Miami game when he had his full complement of receivers back.

But it's not really an inside passing game any longer.......the old WCO pounding slant after slant just outside the reach of lumbering LB's is dead......the big plays are happening outside of the hashes.

Teams that can make plays outside the hashes and vertically are rewarded........they are the low risk/high reward throws.................IF you have someone who can make them.

Tyrod is quite good in this area.

I'm not concerning myself over what people perceive Whaley wants to do or trying to read any tea leaves......my takes are my takes.........this is about what the Bills SHOULD do.

The organization has been split on many things........you should know there is rarely a clear indication of some kind of consensus..........Whaley "reportedly" was not sold on McDermott and wanted to interview other candidates but Pegula's shot him down......so what are we to believe?

As for whether Tyrod would throw more......or better.....over the middle.........i "guess"? He threw the ball a lot inside the hashes in the Miami game when he had his full complement of receivers back.

But it's not really an inside passing game any longer.......the old WCO pounding slant after slant just outside the reach of lumbering LB's is dead......the big plays are happening outside of the hashes.

Teams that can make plays outside the hashes and vertically are rewarded........they are the low risk/high reward throws.................IF you have someone who can make them.

Tyrod is quite good in this area.

I'm not concerning myself over what people perceive Whaley wants to do or trying to read any tea leaves......my takes are my takes.........this is about what the Bills SHOULD do.

tell me more about the Pegulas vs Whales over McD? I missed that.

You are beginning to softly hit the table for TT.

I applaud that think. But it seems that logically we are underdogs in our thoughts. Second year in 5 years with a great clipboard?

Was it Coaching that held him back.

Only his hairdresser knows for sure.

stay tuned next week

same Bat Time

Same Bat channel

Edited by 3rdand12

Yes.

More and more fans are banging the drum for another QB..... or pretty much anybody but Tyrod. It's scary when even Brian Hoyer or Foles are thought to be better options then Tyrod.

It baffles me.

i would like to get a additional option on the roster....but they should really bring tyrod back and get him more pass catching help.....missing his only number 1 option almost the entire year