Bills have 4th most difficult schedule next year

CanadianFan

Well, it's official. Bills will get steam-rolled next year:

http://buffalowdown.com/2017/02/07/buffalo-bills-difficult-schedule/

"When you combine the record of the Bills’ 2017 opponents, you get 143-112-1 — a winning percentage of .561. That percentage is the fourth most difficult behind the Los Angeles Chargers (.568), Oakland Raiders (.572) and Kansas City Chiefs (.576)."

That's it. Next season's DONE. Build for a winning run to start in 2018.

#Tank4Darnold!

someone come up with something catchier!

"When you combine the record of the Bills’ 2017 opponents, you get 143-112-1 — a winning percentage of .561. That percentage is the fourth most difficult behind the Los Angeles Chargers (.568), Oakland Raiders (.572) and Kansas City Chiefs (.576)."

#Tank4Darnold!

this is based on last years results. Teams aren't the same year to year, except maybe the Bills. I've never put too much stock into this statistic.

Eh, I'm optimistic.

Like every new year I think the Patriots will weaken a bit. Especially after winning an epic Super Bowl I'm *hoping* it takes the edge off their "hunger" for another Super Bowl...They have a target on their backs as usual.

We went 0-4 vs Miami and the Jets. That's unlikely again. The previous year Buffalo was 4-0.

Kansas City Chiefs- solid team but got a ton of bounces and good fortune in 2016. Bills are due to beat them.
Los Angeles Chargers- winnable game in a 30,000 seat soccer stadium with a ton of transplant Bills fans there.
Atlanta Falcons- ATL will have a Super Bowl hangover in 2017 much like Carolina did in 2016. Loss of Shanahan is big.
Carolina Panthers- Tough game. McDermott will have the guys ready against a team he knows very well.
Cincinnati Bengals- Eh, another so-so team. beatable.
Denver Broncos- The D will have a good game at home. This will be a low scoring win.
Oakland Raiders- Bills owe them an L. We haven't beaten the Raiders in a while. It's at home.
New Orleans Saints- McDermott knows the NFC South personnel very well. This is a good season to play that division.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers- See New Orleans
Tennessee Titans- A team much like Buffalo. Probably has Wild Card implications. Gotta win this. It's home so that's a plus
Edited by zow2

this is based on last years results. Teams aren't the same year to year, except maybe the Bills. I've never put too much stock into this statistic.

Exactly. SoS is a meaningless metric at this point of the year. After the draft, UFA, and training camp injuries work their way out then maybe you can start to look a bit more closely at SoS imo.

#Tank4Darnold!

Same response each year as the SoS is measured. We'll be able to tell more after the veteran purge, free agency, and the draft are completed.

Eh, I'm optimistic.

Like every new year I think the Patriots will weaken a bit. Especially after winning an epic Super Bowl I'm *hoping* it takes the edge off their "hunger" for another Super Bowl...They have a target on their backs as usual.

LOL.....we've been passing this fantasy around the board for what, 15 years? Unless Giselle gets her retirement wish, I think it's pretty safe to pencil in 0-2.

Stop with this BS.

I'm so tired of reading how hard or easy our schedule will be months before we know anything about the teams in the weeks we are going to play them and then at the end of the season we find out it was completely the opposite...

Last year our schedule was supposed to be brutal too and it ended up being one of the easiest in the NFL.

There is ZERO correlation between teams won and loss records the previous season and how hard our schedule will be the following year.