Bills have 4th most difficult schedule next year

CanadianFan

Exactly. SoS is a meaningless metric at this point of the year. After the draft, UFA, and training camp injuries work their way out then maybe you can start to look a bit more closely at SoS imo.

Meaningless, huh? Think all the teams that the Bills play next year aren't excited about having the Bills on their schedule? I'm willing to go out on not too long a limb right now and say 7-9 for the Bills, 8-8 tops. Based on what? Absolutely nothing other than that's been the lucky number most of the last 17 years and until something big changes see no reason to think anything different. Changing coaches, which has become an every other year affair in Buffalo, is not a big change any more....

Teams aren't the same year to year, except maybe the Bills.

With the exception of Cleveland Browns, how much turnover is there in a team roster? How much are starters going to change in in these teams from last year to this year? In other words it isn't going to happen THAT much. It's based on talent level and compete level. These are all high calibre teams. And Cincinnati isn't a cakewalk in there. They had a bad year last year, and the talent on that team and coaching is playoff-calibre. Only weak teams on Bills' sched. are Colts, Bolts, Saints and Jets. And Jets OWNED us last year. Bolts have a lot of talent, and are competitive, with inside scouting on the Bills, they got the upperhand here.

Teams change so much from year to year in talent, coaching, injuries and just plain luck I won't worry about this too much. I'd rather be at the other end of the spectrum, but we can't change that. How many free agents do the Bills alone have? Things change. Who picked Atlanta for the SB last year? Not many.

Teams change so much from year to year in talent, coaching, injuries and just plain luck I won't worry about this too much. I'd rather be at the other end of the spectrum, but we can't change that. How many free agents do the Bills alone have? Things change. Who picked Atlanta for the SB last year? Not many.

It makes what the Bills have done in the last 17 years more impressive.

It makes what the Bills have done in the last 17 years more impressive.

My clock starts with the new owners, as any reasonable person's should. I also won't blame you for things your family might have done before you were born. I'm sure you're relieved.

My clock starts with the new owners, as any reasonable person's should. I also won't blame you for things your family might have done before you were born. I'm sure you're relieved.

Why? It isn't like they hired all new people.

Doug Whaley has been here in a position of authority since 2010. Why does his first 5 years here suddenly not count?

Why? It isn't like they hired all new people.

Doug Whaley has been here in a position of authority since 2010. Why does his first 5 years here suddenly not count?

"Position of authority since 2010". Nice. Are you embarrassed? Good luck with that attitude. Seriously, it must be difficult. But you have your negative mindset, so carry on..... I suspect there may be other people in the building.

Oh, and don't forget the people who WERE there, but are long gone. Judge Whaley on what happens on HIS watch.

"Position of authority since 2010". Nice. Are you embarrassed? Good luck with that attitude. Seriously, it must be difficult. But you have your negative mindset, so carry on..... I suspect there may be other people in the building.

Oh, and don't forget the people who WERE there, but are long gone. Judge Whaley on what happens on HIS watch.

So then starting with 2013 or did that get wiped clean with the new owners taking over in 2015?

Exactly. SoS is a meaningless metric at this point of the year. After the draft, UFA, and training camp injuries work their way out then maybe you can start to look a bit more closely at SoS imo.

ah the rationalizations begin. just go with Cardale and see what happens. The Rex D/ TT experiment is over. Nice try. Didn't work. He ain't some Vick/Wilson kluge. He's a smaller, smarter Vince Young with about the same upside. One injury that slows him down and he's done.

We went 0-4 vs Miami and the Jets. That's unlikely again. The previous year Buffalo was 4-0. -very true

Kansas City Chiefs- solid team but got a ton of bounces and good fortune in 2016. Bills are due to beat them. -easily the luckiest team last year and they knew it, won division, got home field and the bye- still lost game 1 in playoffs. This is why they have thought of moving on from Alex Smith wont get that lucky again
Los Angeles Chargers- winnable game in a 30,000 seat soccer stadium with a ton of transplant Bills fans there. -very winnable
Atlanta Falcons- ATL will have a Super Bowl hangover in 2017 much like Carolina did in 2016. Loss of Shanahan is big.- lost both coordinators the super bowl team that misses the playoffs the following year - thats these guys
Carolina Panthers- Tough game. McDermott will have the guys ready against a team he knows very well.- Carolina really came on late last year but it's on older team not sure where they are at
Cincinnati Bengals- Eh, another so-so team. beatable. -we match up well with the Bengals not sure why
Denver Broncos- The D will have a good game at home. This will be a low scoring win. - agree tight game for Broncos with everyone
Oakland Raiders- Bills owe them an L. We haven't beaten the Raiders in a while. It's at home. - I see a fall for the Raiders if they don't put up 30+ a week they don't win. hard way to live
New Orleans Saints- McDermott knows the NFC South personnel very well. This is a good season to play that division. -Saints are a mess, old salary cap hell and not very good
Tampa Bay Buccaneers- See New Orleans -up and down team but I like what they are building much like Titans though they beat some good teams then turn around and lose to bad ones -product of a losing young team
Tennessee Titans- A team much like Buffalo. Probably has Wild Card implications. Gotta win this. It's home so that's a plus -same as Bucs but different brand of ball
this is BEFORE we see what are team is going to look like at the most important position- based strictly on schedule last years was tougher and you never know how the season will play out. Teams you thought we going to be down, were up and vice versa. Who had the Falcons in the super bowl? Giants, Dolphins, Lions all in while Broncos, Bengals, Cardinals, out. Panthers from 15-1 to 6-10 - bottom line we think we know but we really don't know

Well if you want to be optimistic, just say that you think Bills are going to SB. But if you're going to frickin tell me you'd rather have bills schedule than say Colts or Jaguars? IF that's what you're saying, then I know whom I'm talking to.

WE CAN JUSTIFY ANYTHING WE WANT. TRUMP SEES THE MALL FULL OF PEOPLE. ALTERNATIVE FACTS.

Let's go with cold facts: 4th toughest schedule. or the 32nd. Which would you rather have?

Here's my preference - I'd rather be Colts or Jacksonville's schedule for Bills.

http://www.fbschedules.com/nfl-17/2017-jacksonville-jaguars-football-schedule.php

http://www.fbschedules.com/nfl-17/2017-indianapolis-colts-football-schedule.php