Bills have 2 days to trade TT/No cap hit

The league yr begins March 9th the Bills have until the 11th to exercise his option. That gives us the 9th and 10th to trade him before the option can be pkd up.

With that being said this is fantastic news and hopefully Whaley has a very good poker face to sell to teams that the only way out is via trade. The fact that his contract is very team friendly teams might really consider trading for him also. I'm not sure what his value is but I'm hoping we can at least get a couple of 3rds for him.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can not quite figure out how someone can think this is "new" news, and not even put the term"Tyrod Trade" in the search box.

I believe this has been discussed on here since mid October, maybe early November at the latest. Sorry to be cranky so early..bad emails this morning

Edited by plenzmd1

I would think his trade value would be atleast as much as garapolo whos barely played and the pats want a first rounder for him, plus bradford got a first rounder who i also think is about the same level

No; Taylor's contract substantially diminishes his trade value.

The league yr begins March 9th the Bills have until the 11th to exercise his option. That gives us the 9th and 10th to trade him before the option can be pkd up.

With that being said this is fantastic news and hopefully Whaley has a very good poker face to sell to teams that the only way out is via trade. The fact that his contract is very team friendly teams might really consider trading for him also. I'm not sure what his value is but I'm hoping we can at least get a couple of 3rds for him.

This will indeed be a poker match. Lots of things on the table: re-neg with TT (reportedly he wont do that), pick up the option and keep him, try to trade him in 2 days, do nothing and let him walk ....

As you said, depends on how Whaley plays this game. Can he manage to trade TT for a decent pick or player?

This will indeed be a poker match. Lots of things on the table: re-neg with TT (reportedly he wont do that), pick up the option and keep him, try to trade him in 2 days, do nothing and let him walk ....

As you said, depends on how Whaley plays this game. Can he manage to trade TT for a decent pick or player?

we're going to end up with Kiko Edited by YoloinOhio

I like TT & would hope we keep him. However, if they decide to go in a different direction - a few crazy thoughts.

Would the Browns or another QB needy team be interested in a draft day trade AFTER we pick up his option ? Is it unrealistic that the Browns, Jets, Sf etc might take TT & swap 1st rounders? What if, prior to the draft, we put the word out that TT is available ? The QB needy teams would get TT & the 10th pick in exchange for their pick. We get a top 5 pick.

Assuming that this was doable, we could then trade that pick for much needed picks somewhere toward the later 1st round plus additional picks. Or, just use the top 5 pick if we choose that route.

Is that scenario doable ? Is it unrealistic ? Btw, if either the Bills or the other team had to throw in another mid round pick, would that then make this trade feasible ?

Just some random thoughts while I'm debating whether to get Center Ice here in FL.

I can not quite figure out how someone can think this is "new" news, and not even put the term"Tyrod Trade" in the search box.

I believe this has been discussed on here since mid October, maybe early November at the latest. Sorry to be cranky so early..bad emails this morning

Except most people have it wrong that TT has to be signed first, then traded. The Bills do have that 2-day window. As for who would be willing to trade, obviously there needs to be interest from multiple teams to make it work. A team may not want to risk losing out in free agency so they trade to cut the line. I don't know if any poker face is strong enough if you are entertaining trade offers on TT to make teams think you will otherwise keep him.