Anti-Sports Guys

You ever deal with these insufferable bastards? I'm not talking about guys that aren't really into sports. That's okay. Everybody has different hobbies. Different interests. That's not who I'm talking about.

The guys I'm talking about are the ones who feel they're morally/intellectually superior due to their lack of knowledge in sports. They love to interrupt other peoples' conversations about sports to let us know that they do better things with their time than to "watch a bunch of millionaire, overpaid crybabies play a child's game."

When the Super Bowl, or some other major sporting event is brought up, they make sure to let everybody know they "had no idea there a sportsball game today." Or "I was too busy [reading/spending time with my family/some other activity they find morally superior] to pay attention."

Sorry for the rant, but I've been dealing with these people all week, and needed to vent somewhere.

You ever deal with these insufferable bastards? I'm not talking about guys that aren't really into sports. That's okay. Everybody has different hobbies. Different interests. That's not who I'm talking about.

The guys I'm talking about are the ones who feel they're morally/intellectually superior due to their lack of knowledge in sports. They love to interrupt other peoples' conversations about sports to let us know that they do better things with their time than to "watch a bunch of millionaire, overpaid crybabies play a child's game."

When the Super Bowl, or some other major sporting event is brought up, they make sure to let everybody know they "had no idea there a sportsball game today." Or "I was too busy [reading/spending time with my family/some other activity they find morally superior] to pay attention."

Sorry for the rant, but I've been dealing with these people all week, and needed to vent somewhere.

After yesterday I'm considering becoming one.

My supervisor is one of them. Me and my buddies at work will be talking about the draft, or the past weeks game. He'll walk right up, join the conversation, and proceed to tell us all stupid we all are.

Like you said, "I've got better things to do with my time". Then why join a conversation about something you don't like?

I'm definitely not "anti-sports guy," but as 4mer mentioned, the NFL is quickly fading in my rearview mirror. As the "bad fan" that I am, I stopped making the Bills appointment TV at least two or three years ago. I still follow baseball, golf, college sports, but the NFL is losing me.

As for running into "anti-sports guy" I only know of a couple and they aren't really insufferable about it, but I get a whiff "superiority" from them because of their high-brow tastes for the finer things in life! :lol:

What's an example of an anti-sports guy? Is that a millennial generation thing?

I know guys who aren't necessarily into professional sports but are avid fishermen, hunters, golfers, outdoorsmen, beer league softball MVPs, etc. Does that count?

I'm extremely knowledgeable of sports but I'm intellectually superior to all of you because I'm smart enough to realize that there are more fun things to do than watch a bunch of waaaay overpaid men whine and B word. The final nails in the coffin were instant replay and TV talking over.

I'm definitely not "anti-sports guy," but as 4mer mentioned, the NFL is quickly fading in my rearview mirror. As the "bad fan" that I am, I stopped making the Bills appointment TV at least two or three years ago. I still follow baseball, golf, college sports, but the NFL is losing me.

As for running into "anti-sports guy" I only know of a couple and they aren't really insufferable about it, but I get a whiff "superiority" from them because of their high-brow tastes for the finer things in life! :lol:

Ahhhh yes the finer things in life. ;)

I'm extremely knowledgeable of sports but I'm intellectually superior to all of you because I'm smart enough to realize that there are more fun things to do than watch a bunch of waaaay overpaid men whine and B word. The final nails in the coffin were instant replay and TV talking over.

Ahhhh yes the finer things in life. ;)

You're not intellectually superior until you write a bot that lets you deal with the idiots here while you do something else.

I'm so intellectually superior, I can literally be two places at once.

My wife.

Keep in mind most of those guys that have that holier than thou attittude towards sports were probably nerds that didn't play any sports growing up as kids and they are the ones that missed out...so I never really take it personally but it can definitely be annoying depending on how arrogant the person is.

Keep in mind most of those guys that have that holier than thou attittude towards sports were probably nerds that didn't play any sports growing up as kids and they are the ones that missed out...so I never really take it personally but it can definitely be annoying depending on how arrogant the person is.

My annoying, pseudo hipster brother in law falls into this category. He thinks he's superior to everyone else with his ironic glasses, flannel shirts, beard, and multiple uses for mason jars. At family get togethers, there is typically a hand full of us who are congregated around a television watching some type of sporting event.

His "I don't follow sports because they're not hipster enough" attitude is really annoying. Just go make some fancy French press coffee and leave us men alone, bub.

They definitely were.

Imagine everyone you work with not being into sports....My direct supervisor and the four other individuals I directly work with probably didn't even the Super Bowl was on yesterday. Someone called me up last week and asked if there was a pool going around. Nope, sad state of affairs.