Michael Vick

OneBuffalo1

Would you take Michael Vick in his best rated year over Tyrod Taylor? If you would then I'd say Tyrod is capable.... in a year when the replacement options are far from exciting - Tyrod provides a middle of the pack option - the difference between QB 7-17 isn't a lot. And the price per cap is very respectable --- I've been torn but after further review I think keeping Tyrod is worth the risk, and a healthy offense may assist him in a return to 2015 levels or better.

2010 Vick vs 2015 Taylor - a wash

Would you take Michael Vick in his best rated year over Tyrod Taylor? If you would then I'd say Tyrod is capable.... in a year when the replacement options are far from exciting - Tyrod provides a middle of the pack option - the difference between QB 7-17 isn't a lot. And the price per cap is very respectable --- I've been torn but after further review I think keeping Tyrod is worth the risk, and a healthy offense may assist him in a return to 2015 levels or better.

I would take Vick at his best over Tyrod. Vick was inconsistent and unconventional but a freakish talent. I think TT has some of his improv skills but plays a lot more controlled. Vick was capable of taking over games in a way that Tyrod hasn't shown. TT is more consistent and durable. If we are just taking Vick at his best then it's Vick. Vick had a higher ceiling and lower floor. If we are taking the average Vick season it's TT. Edited by Kirby Jackson

You are an idiot.

I like his retirement announcement. You mean he wasn't already retired? Of course this isn't as bad as Ray Allen who kept talking about coming back for 3 years before finally retiring.

Taylor 10 out of 10 times. You can go far with a good defense and Taylor's ball control. A top 5 defense will shut them both down utterly even at their best, but Vick will get careless and turn it over.

This.

I often thought if you put a dark face shield on Tyrod Taylor and the word Vick on the back of his jersey people would love him I guess they just don't like the name Tyrod

:lol::lol:

Tyrod has time, he only started for 2 years. Hell get better. Count on it.

You are an idiot.

The fact you would call someone an idiot on a fan post speaks to your level of character... to disagree is perfectly acceptable, but your response offers no value. I haven't anytime for a person of your ilk

Topic started not to support Vick, or TT for that matter-- more so to point out there are a lot of people who at the time would have clamored for Vick. Therefore the thread only points out if you had been a fan of Vick maybe you would take a moment to see that the state line isn't all that different... reason for the point... we are hard on TT because he's not elite - but he has comparable talent to previous QB's who were capable of being playoff caliber talent. That's all. Not standing on a soap box claiming either QB is the next hall of famer - just a comp for consideration

Vick was arguably the fastest man to ever play football. He got around the corner when you thought there was just no way. Vick could go from stop to top speed in 3 steps, that's impressive. Vick led his team to the playoffs and won in Green Bay in the WC round of the playoffs. It was the first time Green Bay ever lost a home playoff game. The Falcons never had a great D while Vick was in Atlanta. Vick was a highly inconsistent passer. Roddy Whites career really took off once he had a true passing QB in Ryan throwing to him.

Taylor is more likable and more consistent at being average.

I'd take Vick and a dominant D and ride that train all the way to the Super Bowl Ala Kappernick 2012.

Edited by atlbillsfan1975

The price - again - is $30.5 million if they keep him for only one year. That isn't reasonable, it just isn't. And yeah, the hit will be spread out a bit, but every penny of that $30.5 will hit the cap. The only way that looks reasonable is if you look ONLY at the 2016 cap, and doing that misses about half of the cap impact of keeping him for a year.

Same for keeping him for two years. $40.5 mill, all told, all of which comes off the cap sooner or later.

It's only when he gets to the fourth and fifth year of his contract that the whole thing begins to look reasonable. Till then, the impact is huge.

As for Vick's best season, when people try to compare across history I always point out that it gets easier and easier to play QB as far as running up big numbers. In 2010, Vick was 4th in passer rating, 5th in YPA, 13th in completion percentage, and had 4 fourth quarter comebacks and three game-winning drives. If the rules had been the same as today's he'd likely have done better than his stats that year.

Actually cap hit is only

2017 15.913

2018 16.78

2020 17.78......therefore reasonable -

The price - again - is $30.5 million if they keep him for only one year. That isn't reasonable, it just isn't. And yeah, the hit will be spread out a bit, but every penny of that $30.5 will hit the cap. The only way that looks reasonable is if you look ONLY at the 2016 cap, and doing that misses about half of the cap impact of keeping him for a year.

Same for keeping him for two years. $40.5 mill, all told, all of which comes off the cap sooner or later.

It's only when he gets to the fourth and fifth year of his contract that the whole thing begins to look reasonable. Till then, the impact is huge.

As for Vick's best season, when people try to compare across history I always point out that it gets easier and easier to play QB as far as running up big numbers. In 2010, Vick was 4th in passer rating, 5th in YPA, 13th in completion percentage, and had 4 fourth quarter comebacks and three game-winning drives. If the rules had been the same as today's he'd likely have done better than his stats that year.

The fact you would call someone an idiot on a fan post speaks to your level of character... to disagree is perfectly acceptable, but your response offers no value. I haven't anytime for a person of your ilk Topic started not to support Vick, or TT for that matter-- more so to point out there are a lot of people who at the time would have clamored for Vick. Therefore the thread only points out if you had been a fan of Vick maybe you would take a moment to see that the state line isn't all that different... reason for the point... we are hard on TT because he's not elite - but he has comparable talent to previous QB's who were capable of being playoff caliber talent. That's all. Not standing on a soap box claiming either QB is the next hall of famer - just a comp for consideration

Honestly, your post deserves no better than my initial response. Sure, I could waste my time pointing out the multitude of factual and conclusive errors that poorly thought out bit of blind homerism, but you're not interested in that. Vick was a considerably better QB than TT in almost every facet of his game. He wasn't a HOFer by any stretch, but TT isn't in his league. I'll leave it there.

Honestly, your post deserves no better than my initial response. Sure, I could waste my time pointing out the multitude of factual and conclusive errors that poorly thought out bit of blind homerism, but you're not interested in that. Vick was a considerably better QB than TT in almost every facet of his game. He wasn't a HOFer by any stretch, but TT isn't in his league. I'll leave it there.

It doesn't deserve better because you don't agree? You know what I am interested in hearing? Or are you assuming? Is your opinion about Vick vs TT also based on assumption? Because Stats don't support that.... the average of Vick's 2 best years statistically vs average of TT only Two years as a starter....

VICK TT

243 Comp 256

398 ATT 408

61 Comp% 63

3161 Yards 3029

20 TD 19

93 Rating 95

63 QBR 68

632 RushYDS 574

5 Rush td 5 id say he isn't considerably better. So please- in the future, if you feel my post deserves the type of response you chose, just don't respond... Don't even read my posts if you don't care for my ideas. But if you do, please bring a little more of that factual and conclusive evidence.