Teddy Bridgewater expected to miss all of 2017 season

YoloinOhio

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man that must have been the worst injury ever.

I remember them saying players were throwing up and in tears.

This may sound insensitive....but I think the Vikings lucked out. There was a lot of high praise on him...I just didnt see any of that on the field with his arm. I think if they had stuck with him long term, he would have set them back.

• 2 weeks later...

Not the biggest Tyrod fan in the world but he is a better qb than TB healthy. TB seems like a great guy but his arm is too subpar to ever be a true franchise qb. But I hope he heals up because he can a long future being a backup qb.

He also demonstrates how big of a joke the Pro Bowl is. He was a "Pro Bowler" throwing 14 tds in a season.

Man that must have been the worst injury ever.

I remember them saying players were throwing up and in tears.

This may sound insensitive....but I think the Vikings lucked out. There was a lot of high praise on him...I just didnt see any of that on the field with his arm. I think if they had stuck with him long term, he would have set them back.

I agree with this but they blew it by spending a 1st rounder on Sam Bradford. What a stupid trade.

Not the biggest Tyrod fan in the world but he is a better qb than TB healthy. TB seems like a great guy but his arm is too subpar to ever be a true franchise qb. But I hope he heals up because he can a long future being a backup qb.

He also demonstrates how big of a joke the Pro Bowl is. He was a "Pro Bowler" throwing 14 tds in a season.

I agree with this but they blew it by spending a 1st rounder on Sam Bradford. What a stupid trade.

I agree with you about Bridgewater but I also think that Bradford is on the cusp of being a good qb. He played well last year in a bad situation (no running game whatsoever and a terrible line). Granted, he throws a lot of short passes, but a 71.6 percent completion rate is a 71.6 completion rate -- i.e., pretty remarkable. He had a 20/5 TD-INT ratio too. His completion pct has gotten better and better every season too. http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BradSa00.htm

Bottom line: because he was drafted #1 overall, disappointment is the usual response, but he really is playing like prime-era Rich Gannon now. Give him a better line and a better RB (and Dalvin Cook is gonna be good), and he may surprise you. Christ - they were 32nd in both rushing yards and rushing ypa last season. That's tough on a qb.

Edited by dave mcbride

They had no choice. They thought they had a playoff caliber defense that was ready to go.

They had no choice. They thought they had a playoff caliber defense that was ready to go.

And they did. AP getting hurt killed them last year. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see them back in the playoffs this year.

I agree with you about Bridgewater but I also think that Bradford is on the cusp of being a good qb. He played well last year in a bad situation (no running game whatsoever and a terrible line). Granted, he throws a lot of short passes, but a 71.6 percent completion rate is a 71.6 completion rate -- i.e., pretty remarkable. He had a 20/5 TD-INT ratio too. His completion pct has gotten better and better every season too. http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BradSa00.htm

Bottom line: because he was drafted #1 overall, disappointment is the usual response, but he really is playing like prime-era Rich Gannon now. Give him a better line and a better RB (and Dalvin Cook is gonna be good), and he may surprise you. Christ - they were 32nd in both rushing yards and rushing ypa last season. That's tough on a qb.

Good response but he never passes the "eye test." There's not a D.C. In the NFL who fears playing Sam Bradford. Obviously, we know it's a team game but he's never had a winning record as a qb (and took over 2 teams that had 10 wins the previous year).

He is a slightly better version of Trent Edwards.

Good response but he never passes the "eye test." There's not a D.C. In the NFL who fears playing Sam Bradford. Obviously, we know it's a team game but he's never had a winning record as a qb (and took over 2 teams that had 10 wins the previous year).

He is a slightly better version of Trent Edwards.

I think his game is much more like Rich Gannon - fast-paced, rhythmic - and not really like Edwards's game at all (he has a much better arm too). We shall see. I don't buy eye test arguments given such consistent improvement in efficiency over time.

good comment.

If Teddy is able to play Vikes just might keep him as backup, though, Vikes could show Bradford their confidence in him by not re-signing Teddy and get another QB as backup.

• 3 weeks later...

@TomPelissero

Spielman says Teddy Bridgewater is at a scheduled appointment with his doctor. He's not cleared for practice, but can drop back and throw.

Spielman says #Vikings put out video of Bridgewater yesterday because they knew there'd be questions of why he wasn't here today.

@RapSheet

#Vikings GM Rick Spielman tells reporters Teddy Bridgewater is at an appointment with his doctor today. Will see if he can increase his work

@MatthewColler

"You almost have to hold Teddy back because he's so diligent"

DAmZLlwXUAE4clE.jpg

• 1 month later...

In Minny - if I see Teddy, I'll ask him what's up / will start the recruitment to Buffalo...

Going to X Games in the new stadium, kinda excited to see what a brand spanking new NFL stadium looks like!

I still don't like.. fear him. He's... alright i guess? Lousy in the red zone. Mediocre on 3rd downs. Still never led a team to a winning record, nor played in a playoff game. Hasn't even made the pro-bowl in 6 years playing (And everyone says its not hard to make it anymore...)- missed another due to ACL. Missed time in 5 of 7 seasons. Has shoulder, knee, and concussion issues.

Edited by dneveu

not really. tyrod and him throw about the same yards but teddy threw less tds and more pick plus has half the rushing yards. teddy isn't even tyrod.

Yeah, Tyrod was a better runner but beyond that their success was fairly close. In Tyrod's last year and Teddy's last uninjured year, Teddy had a significantly better YPA and nearly an equal passer rating.

Not a bad comparison for Bridgewater when you realize you're comparing a sixth-year guy last year with a second-year guy last time he played (Bridgewater's 2015).

In any case, I hope Bridgewater recovers and regains his levels of physical ability. He was an exciting young player, looked like a guy who had a chance to become a good one.

Edited by Thurman#1

Yeah, Tyrod was a better runner but beyond that their success was fairly close. In Tyrod's last year and Teddy's last uninjured year, Teddy had a significantly better YPA and nearly an equal passer rating.

Not a bad comparison for Bridgewater when you realize you're comparing a sixth-year guy last year with a second-year guy last time he played (Bridgewater's 2015).

In any case, I hope Bridgewater recovers and regains his levels of physical ability. He was an exciting young player, looked like a guy who had a chance to become a good one.

Bridgewater had more TO's, more sacks, fewer rushing yards, fewer TDs in his 2 years starting vs. Tyrod's... I get it - he was a young raw rookie, and he showed some improvement from year 1 to year 2. Problem he's run through his rookie deal, and he lost 2 full years where he could've improved. He's still young, but now he's got a bum knee.